Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Original Xbox or Xbox One?

Which is better?

Original Xbox 39 69.64%
 
Xbox One 17 30.36%
 
Total:56
curl-6 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Xbox One doesen't just have more content, it has significantly more notable games.

We don't have to ultimately agree, but that fact shouldn't be ignored.

I still feel a smaller number of top tier games outweigh a larger number of merely notable ones. Also, that exclusives matter.

Was the question asked which had better exclusives? No.

Does multiplat content matter on Xbox? Yes.

Are some of OG Xbox's best titles on Xbox One? Yes.

Are you downplaying the notable content on Xbox One? Absolutely. Its the same content you beg for on Switch.



Recently Completed
Gears 5
for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
curl-6 said:

I still feel a smaller number of top tier games outweigh a larger number of merely notable ones. Also, that exclusives matter.

Was the question asked which had better exclusives? No.

Does multiplat content matter on Xbox? Yes.

Are some of OG Xbox's best titles on Xbox One? Yes.

Are you downplaying the notable content on Xbox One? Absolutely. Its the same content you beg for on Switch.

The question was which you, in this case I, consider better. For me, top notch exclusives are a foremost factor in that, and the same games do not have the same value or impact as old games on Xbone as they did as revolutionary new titles on Xbox.

And there is literally only one game available on Xbone I actively want on Switch right now.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 08 July 2020

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series X will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Mr Puggsly said:

Actually my first post to you was all fact. So that stuff we have to agree.

I never stated it was fact or fiction. (Nor can you assert it was fact without evidence anyway)
You initiated the first response, you don't get to complain when I don't back down.

Mr Puggsly said:

Xbox One is seemingly going to become useless when Series X comes out, at least to the people that buy a Series X. It will be years before many upgrade to 9th gen. Xbox One has a strong library on its own. Series X supporting virtually every game doesn't change that.

The Xbox One has been a marginal success this generation anyway, it's entire game library pretty much exists everywhere else to various degrees... That's not a strong library.

Mr Puggsly said:

With your logic you will get rid of your PS4 as well. Which is good, less hardware taking space. Ideally we wouldn't need OG Xbox or 360 hardware. Its more like we're stuck with them to access certain content. That doesn't make them better consoles though.

I don't own a Playstation 4 currently.
Playstation 5 is on pre-order along with the Xbox Series X.

I am not someone who favors any console manufacturer, keep that in mind, so those digs don't really work on me.

There is still a need for an OG Xbox and XBox 360 as there are games on those devices that cannot be played anywhere else.

Mr Puggsly said:

Would the masses rather have 100% BC of OG Xbox or Xbox One on Series X? The answer is too obvious because Xbox One has a better library.

Considering how unused backwards compatibility generally is in the grand scheme of things, I think people want newer generational-defining exclusives.
Besides, the good games generally get remastered and re-released for newer hardware anyway.

But considering the Xbox Series X will support the Original Xbox and Xbox 360 backwards compatible titles and will probably expand on the amount of titles supported... Kinda' throws a spanner in the works.







--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

curl-6 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Was the question asked which had better exclusives? No.

Does multiplat content matter on Xbox? Yes.

Are some of OG Xbox's best titles on Xbox One? Yes.

Are you downplaying the notable content on Xbox One? Absolutely. Its the same content you beg for on Switch.

The question was which you, in this case I, consider better. For me, top notch exclusives are a foremost factor in that, and the same games do not have the same value or impact as old games on Xbone as they did as revolutionary new titles on Xbox.

And there is literally only one game available on Xbone I actively want on Switch right now.

If the question was which had the most revolutionary exclusives, OG Xbox makes sense.

Also, your argument also suggests old games that haven't necessarily aged well are better than many modern that will age better.

MCC's Halo 1 and 2 ports have more value today. Given that's the version most people are opting for now.



Recently Completed
Gears 5
for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
curl-6 said:

The question was which you, in this case I, consider better. For me, top notch exclusives are a foremost factor in that, and the same games do not have the same value or impact as old games on Xbone as they did as revolutionary new titles on Xbox.

And there is literally only one game available on Xbone I actively want on Switch right now.

If the question was which had the most revolutionary exclusives, OG Xbox makes sense.

Also, your argument also suggests old games that haven't necessarily aged well are better than many modern that will age better.

MCC's Halo 1 and 2 ports have more value today. Given that's the version most people are opting for now.

Again, since I already own and have played Halo 1 and 2 on the Xbox, the ability to play them on Xbone counts for nothing for me. By contrast, they gave me immense value as new games on Xbox.

My question was which the person posting thinks is better, ergo its intrinsically a matter of opinion, and when it comes to my opinion, the parameters are up to me.



Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series X will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Around the Network
Pemalite said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Actually my first post to you was all fact. So that stuff we have to agree.

I never stated it was fact or fiction. (Nor can you assert it was fact without evidence anyway)
You initiated the first response, you don't get to complain when I don't back down.

Mr Puggsly said:

Xbox One is seemingly going to become useless when Series X comes out, at least to the people that buy a Series X. It will be years before many upgrade to 9th gen. Xbox One has a strong library on its own. Series X supporting virtually every game doesn't change that.

The Xbox One has been a marginal success this generation anyway, it's entire game library pretty much exists everywhere else to various degrees... That's not a strong library.

Mr Puggsly said:

With your logic you will get rid of your PS4 as well. Which is good, less hardware taking space. Ideally we wouldn't need OG Xbox or 360 hardware. Its more like we're stuck with them to access certain content. That doesn't make them better consoles though.

I don't own a Playstation 4 currently.
Playstation 5 is on pre-order along with the Xbox Series X.

I am not someone who favors any console manufacturer, keep that in mind, so those digs don't really work on me.

There is still a need for an OG Xbox and XBox 360 as there are games on those devices that cannot be played anywhere else.

Mr Puggsly said:

Would the masses rather have 100% BC of OG Xbox or Xbox One on Series X? The answer is too obvious because Xbox One has a better library.

Considering how unused backwards compatibility generally is in the grand scheme of things, I think people want newer generational-defining exclusives.
Besides, the good games generally get remastered and re-released for newer hardware anyway.

But considering the Xbox Series X will support the Original Xbox and Xbox 360 backwards compatible titles and will probably expand on the amount of titles supported... Kinda' throws a spanner in the works.

I'm saying our debate has moved beyond the first post. That stuff was the facts.

Exclusives aren't the only thing that determines a strong library. The N64 library could have easily been better if more notable PS1 games were ported to it. I mean look at the most active games on Xbox and Playstation, many aren't exclusives.

I wasn't arguing you favor anything. However, if Series X and PS5 achieve ~100% BC, then both units become useless for people upgrading. That's ideal though, not an argument that suggests OG Xbox and 360 are better. I wish I could get rid of my OG Xbox and 360 without losing access to some games.

I think people want both. They want to go into the new gen with their current library (with visual and performance upgrades). I mean many of us are going into the 9th gen with a backlog. People also want hardware that can raise the bar. Given BC will be there at launch, its gonna be very active. I think people are also glad they won't necessarily need their old hardware.

Xbox One's BC already supports most of the highly requested OG Xbox and 360 titles. I'd love to see more added though.



Recently Completed
Gears 5
for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

curl-6 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

If the question was which had the most revolutionary exclusives, OG Xbox makes sense.

Also, your argument also suggests old games that haven't necessarily aged well are better than many modern that will age better.

MCC's Halo 1 and 2 ports have more value today. Given that's the version most people are opting for now.

Again, since I already own and have played Halo 1 and 2 on the Xbox, the ability to play them on Xbone counts for nothing for me. By contrast, they gave me immense value as new games on Xbox.

My question was which the person posting thinks is better, ergo its intrinsically a matter of opinion, and when it comes to my opinion, the parameters are up to me.

I guess the question should have been, "Which did you personally enjoy more?"

I see your actual question as more objective. It doesen't require me to put on nostalgia goggles.

Last edited by Mr Puggsly - on 09 July 2020

Recently Completed
Gears 5
for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
curl-6 said:

Again, since I already own and have played Halo 1 and 2 on the Xbox, the ability to play them on Xbone counts for nothing for me. By contrast, they gave me immense value as new games on Xbox.

My question was which the person posting thinks is better, ergo its intrinsically a matter of opinion, and when it comes to my opinion, the parameters are up to me.

I guess the question should have been, "Which did you personally enjoy more?"

I see your actual question as more objective. It doesen't require me to put on nostalgia goggles.

The question was as written and intended. 

It was always a matter of opinion, and mine is that having top tier exclusives matters.

If you have a problem with that, I can't help you.



Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series X will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:

The question was as written and intended. 

Yeah, it was intended for debate!



Recently Completed
Gears 5
for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
curl-6 said:

The question was as written and intended. 

Yeah, it was intended for debate!

This particular debate though has come full circle. We've pretty much reached the point where all we can do is agree to disagree.



Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series X will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.