By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is the most overrated game of this generation?

For me, it is hands down Death Stranding.

Last edited by Snoopy - on 28 June 2020

Around the Network
John2290 said:
The Witcher 3.

Good Choice.

Breath of the wild.
If that doesnt count then it's between 3.
Super Mario Odyssey
God of War
Smash Bros Ultimate

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Nier: Automata.
Followed close by Witcher 3, Bloodborne and MHW: Iceborne.

Really lame attempt at being a smartarse OP, changing the thread title from best to most overrated once a bunch of folks had posted. 

Poor form.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 28 June 2020

Around the Network

Stardew Valley. So fun and addicting with an amazing atmosphere.
If Switch games count, Super Mario Odyssey. So much of what I want in a Mario game.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Horizon: Zero Dawn. There are some close runners up, but out of respect for the champ, they will remain unnamed.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

My top choice would be Hollow Knight , simply based on the enjoyment i got out of it.
Second would be Divinity : Original Sin 2 , and third Witcher 3.

Shadow1980 said:
For new titles, I'd say Doom 2016 and Super Mario Odyssey. Both of those games are just some of the most pure fun I've had with a video game in a long time. They're focused, they have impeccable gameplay, and they don't overstay their welcome.

If we include remakes, then Resident Evil 2 Remake is probably the best full remake of a game I've ever played. Final Fantasy VII Remake has been pretty damn good, too (I'm getting pretty close to finishing it).

I don't think Resident Evil 2 Remake is overrated, but I respect your opinion.

curl-6 said:

Really lame attempt at being a smartarse OP, changing the thread title from best to most overrated once a bunch of folks had posted. 

Poor form.

I second this. Feel sorry for the people that wasted their time here. Not exactly a funny or smart joke either. Don't complain if people don't bother with your threads in the future.