By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Unite announced (League of Pokemon) for Switch and mobile

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/06/pokemon_unite_an_online_team_battle_game_revealed_for_switch_and_mobile

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Around the Network

I've been wanting a Nintendo MOBA for a long time now, guess this will have to do. I'm pretty excited as I find the genre really fun with controls and not point and click movements (Arena of Valor, not League).

Hard pass. Fuck Tencent.

I have been a fan of league of legends (stopped playing for like 1-2 years now) and i dreamed of a Pokemon Moba.

This though, seem so bland and cheap. It really feels like they just rushed it to please mobile players in China and just decided to also port it to switch for x reasons.
The fact that there is no element advantage, The lanes are useless basically everyone is Jungle, i don't get the whole point and the multiple goals you have.

I will try it out i guess but geez, they really transformed Pokemon into a quick cash grab since the 3DS era, it's sad to see.
Hopefully it will sell Switch in China

Here are two genres I don't play being smashed togther. It's not for me. I wouldn't be surprised if both Pokemon Co. and Tencent make a big pile of cash from this, but it's not for me.

Around the Network

Meh not into MOBAs so... I shall skip this like that time I skipped wearing a condom

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Looks pretty terrible in my opinion. My interest level is about 2/10...

Never played a MOBA before. Any other genres they could be compared to?

RolStoppable said:

So much for that Bloomberg article that was talking about Nintendo retreating from mobile. Only took a couple of days until a new game announcement.

pokemon != nintendo

KLAMarine said:
Never played a MOBA before. Any other genres they could be compared to?

It's basically a RTS where you don't need to worry about gaining resources and building armies you just control the one unit and its abilities.