Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Unite announced (League of Pokemon) for Switch and mobile

RolStoppable said:

So much for that Bloomberg article that was talking about Nintendo retreating from mobile. Only took a couple of days until a new game announcement.

pokemon != nintendo

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:
Never played a MOBA before. Any other genres they could be compared to?

It's basically a RTS where you don't need to worry about gaining resources and building armies you just control the one unit and its abilities.

The way the Pokemon IP is going is heartbreaking. Ever since Go came out, they've been diluting the series to the lowest common denominator, pumping out yearly releases with less and less polish and content and milking the mobile market to no end. And considering this is all going to make them mountain ranges of money, it's all going down from there.

Last edited by Darwinianevolution - on 24 June 2020

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

A Pokemon MOBA made by Tencent is the last thing I would expect..

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Wyrdness said:
KLAMarine said:
Never played a MOBA before. Any other genres they could be compared to?

It's basically a RTS where you don't need to worry about gaining resources and building armies you just control the one unit and its abilities.

Oh, sounds fun. Will give it a go once it's out.

Around the Network

Like the main line series Pokemon games I think this has a ton of potential, but it just looks really watered down and lazy.

"If new things are so great, where have they been the whole time?"

Darwinianevolution said:

The way the Pokemon IP is going is heartbreaking. Ever since Go came out, they've been diluting the series to the lowest common denominator, pumping out yearly releases with less and less polish and content and milking the mobile market to no end. And considering this is all going to make them mountain ranges of money, it's all going down from there.

In the context of Pokemon,  "diluting" the series to the lowest common denominator kind of sounds like the developers jobs. In fact, it sounds like the mission statement for the series. 

I personally think it looks like fun! Pokémon is a good setting for a MOBA since they'll be able to add lots of new "heroes" from the huge pool of Pokémon created throughout the years. I'm not a MOBA expert , only played League of Legends and not all that much so maybe that's why I don't see the "lazy and watered down" part.

Signature goes here!

Looks solid.

Good project for the Pokemon Company to strengthen their visibilty in China and this could also do well in the West depending on how grindy and predatory the monetisation is going to be.

German YouTuber and Streamer:
StarCraft and Fallout 4 currently.

Me trying to write reviews:
Octopath Traveler

Amazon thread

I used to play League of Legends for a couple of years when it came out, so I'll definitely give it a go

I agree it Iooks a bit cheap but it could actually be very fun if done right

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^