By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NSW is here to Stay!! It’s Life Will Be Long and No Successor Will Come Before 2025!

When will NSW2 come out?

2022 Holiday 15 11.19%

2023 Spring 19 14.18%

2023 Holiday 25 18.66%

2024 Spring 38 28.36%

2024 Holiday 23 17.16%

2025 Spring 10 7.46%

2025 Holiday 3 2.24%

2026+ 1 0.75%

Total:134
curl-6 said:

If they capitalize on their momentum in the first half of the year, Switch's 2020 sales total could be one of the highest for any game system ever.

Unfortunately, they are currently showing no sign at all of doing so. 

As much as we need to know all the games for the rest of the FY (end of March) this is simply untrue. Just going by US and Japan data proves this. Without any big software or any software announced even as of yet we are already looking at this FY as peak year (22mil-23mil+) it’ll be more apparent after the first 2 quarters. Q1 already about to break records and that’s only with a gen 7 port and a budget filler game released!

edit: And even with major games, we don’t even kno yet if Nintendo can produce 25mil+ anyways. No matter what the lineup is nintendo what ever they ship it’s going to sell for this year

camilosanchez16 said:
With a correct handling I definitely see them reaching a 8-9 year lifespan. It all depends on how they move regarding revisions and upgrades. In certain point they should promote hardcore Switch users to upgrade but they should keep supporting older Switch versions with First Party games, so less "hardcore" users may have the option of keep playing Nintendo games.

Still think a new MK in maybe 2021 or 2022 would also push huge longevity into NSW life. I just don’t personally see it being replaced before holiday 2024.

Last edited by tbone51 - on 25 June 2020

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
curl-6 said:

If they capitalize on their momentum in the first half of the year, Switch's 2020 sales total could be one of the highest for any game system ever.

Unfortunately, they are currently showing no sign at all of doing so. 

As much as we need to know all the games for the rest of the FY (end of March) this is simply untrue. Just going by US and Japan data proves this. Without any big software or any software announced even as of yet we are already looking at this FY as peak year (22mil-23mil+) it’ll be more apparent after the first 2 quarters. Q1 already about to break records and that’s only with a gen 7 port and a budget filler game released!

It'd be considerably higher if their lineup was better, (and if the could supply more stock) and so far they've yet to show they have a strong second half, and it's almost July.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 25 June 2020

Also, just my opinion, but a system selling this well with such a weak lineup is not a good thing to be celebrated.

It's bad for consumers when a company can do the bare minimum and still sell out.

curl-6 said:
tbone51 said:

It'd be considerably higher if their lineup was better, and so far they're not showing any sign of a strong second half.

I edited my post before, we don’t even kno if Nintendo can. Produce 25mil+ yet. That said ironically enough your post is correct.but that’s only because “we don’t know” yet.

curl-6 said:

Also, a system selling this well with such a weak lineup is not a good thing to be celebrated.

It's bad for consumers when a company can release so little quality content and still sell.

Say whattttttt?????

thats subjective don’t you think? I know your not referring to AC but I think your post is a bit too pessimistic. 

also I think your confusing the 2 things which goes back to my point with the evergreens.

your saying not to celebrate right? I see why because NSW sales are breaking record without any notable releases (outside of AC) with little quality content but the thing your missing from that is the people buying that has a huge backlog of software to buy from. From BotW to Fire Emblem 3H. So saying something silly like it’s not a good thing to celebrate is a bit spiteful imo.

as for people like me and you who have had their systems for the longest I get but confusing the 2 is wrong.

For the lineup for 2020, it’s better to wait intill maybe end of aug/sept to actually start making your points cuz it’s premature. Even with proof like paper Mario that was announced a month ago

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
curl-6 said:

Also, a system selling this well with such a weak lineup is not a good thing to be celebrated.

It's bad for consumers when a company can release so little quality content and still sell.

Say whattttttt?????

thats subjective don’t you think? I know your not referring to AC but I think your post is a bit too pessimistic. 

also I think your confusing the 2 things which goes back to my point with the evergreens.

your saying not to celebrate right? I see why because NSW sales are breaking record without any notable releases (outside of AC) with little quality content but the thing your missing from that is the people buying that has a huge backlog of software to buy from. From BotW to Fire Emblem 3H. So saying something silly like it’s not a good thing to celebrate is a bit spiteful imo.

as for people like me and you who have had their systems for the longest I get but confusing the 2 is wrong.

Again, I suspect we'll simply have to agree to disagree here. 

I guess I'd just rather they break records by releasing a packed lineup of quality games like they had last year.

curl-6 said:
tbone51 said:

Say whattttttt?????

I guess I'd just rather they break records by releasing a packed lineup of quality games like they had last year.

Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t 2020 in a similar position to that of 2018? 

tbone51 said:
curl-6 said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t 2020 in a similar position to that of 2018? 

I wouldn't exactly call 2018 packed with quality games either. 2017 and 2019, now those were great years.

RolStoppable said:

Your memory also fails you. Last year you had been complaining a lot about how weak Switch's lineup was in the first six months of the year, but now, because it's convenient, 2019 is a year that had a packed lineup of quality games. There's no reason to doubt that 2020's second half will be better than its first half, but here you are doing just that.

Maybe it helps if you honestly think about the alternatives:

If Nintendo isn't going to have a good lineup for the second half of 2020, then what have they been working on instead? Mobile games, ports to PC/PS/Xbox, games for the Switch successor which is bound to launch during 2022? Which alternative does make sense to you and why?

I didn't say their second half lineup for this year will be bad. It's impossible to say right now. Maybe if they weren't so ridiculously, needlessly secretive, we'd know.

RolStoppable said:
curl-6 said:

I didn't say their second half lineup for this year will be bad. It's impossible to say right now. Maybe if they weren't so ridiculously, needlessly secretive, we'd know.

If it's impossible to say, then why have you kept beating the drum of "Nintendo has virtually nothing of value for 2020"?

The only tangible drawback of Nintendo's secrecy has been your attitude.

I didn't say they had virtually nothing, it was always "virtually nothing as far as we know." They could clear this all up by giving us the simple courtesy of a roadmap beyond next month.