By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
NJ5 said:
Equinoxe said:
What I think: 1:PS3 2:Wii 3:360 What I hope for: 1:360 2:Wii 3:PS3

So you think that the exact opposite of what you want is what's going to happen. Can you tell us your thinking behind the PS3/Wii/360 ranking? Or are you just a pessimist hehe?

I think most people are waiting for the good games on PS3 and for the price drop. When Final Fantasy will come out then the Japs gonna forget about Wii. It does not matter how good or bad PS3 are cause people just hear the name Playstation and they think it's the one and only. All my friends here are waiting for GTA IV so they can buy PS3. I have a 360 and cause of that I hope it will get most exclusives and so. I don't like Sony to much, Nintendo is ok. But for us in Europe I think it's better to support microsoft. Sony does not care if we get consoles and games several months later than everyone else

Hope you understand all, my english is not to good =)

Around the Network

the xbox 360 is the new ps2 everyone wants to develop for it because its much easier than sony's ps3 and the ps3 has now become the old xbox it has a ton of power but not a huge amount more than the 360 and the wii is in a league of its own because all the great games for it so far have been from nintendo themselves and that more than likely will stay the same. So in the end the 360 and wii both win not because they are better systems but because they succeeded in taking that huge market share that sony had and now their markets share will pretty much but about 30% for all 3 which means that everyone will be making tons of cash.

fishamaphone said:
mero4ever said:
fishamaphone said:
Mero, no offense, but PR is PR. I highly doubt that the PS3 will be around for 10 years. Am I the only one who remembers Nintendo saying the GameCube would be around for 8? It honestly could have been... y'know, if not for the fact that it sold horribly. If your main problem was longevity, you should have waited a year to have a good idea of which ones were selling the best. Sales dictate if something lasts, not what internal features it has. Why do you think your original Xbox only lasted four years? It had the most features, and online and HD *are* the future, the two things it did better than everyone else in the absolute. I mean, I'm an admitted Nintendo fanboy, so keep that in mind, but I like to think I put some thought into my fanboyineaty. There are plenty of reasons to own a PS3, but "because Sony PR said so" seems kinda silly to me.

I'd like to thank you fishamaphone for your reply

positively agree with u in regards to sales are the dictator of which console will win. But I am not buying my console based on who wins. Cause, taking nintendo as an example, a console could loose and still be in the market and then enter again just like nintendo with the wii.

Look at the guy above he mentioned wii2, I am not ready to buy a console and then shift to another one. 360 will do the same and in the future they might be like PS3 or better

I recall that i said that the DS will lose and a year after I ate my words. No body knows how the people react to certain consoles. Everyone makes a path and hopes to god its the right one and everyone has followed. But that's not a way of life and not way of fun, risk is everything here, and I hate it. SO I cleared my mind and bought what I though would make me have fun as long as possible even if it didn't, even if it was the same as any other console, even if it failed at that pointThe

The underlying truth is that I was happy with what i choose and not what the people chose for me.

the discussion we are having now, is because i bought a console other than u. isn't that true? :)

If we bough the same console we wont be having this argument.

ather than a person or idea.necissarilybought a Wii based on the Nintendo Go video that was running around back in '05, I'd probably argue jWii as much. But, granted, I realize I've got some horseblinds on, and I don't always see what I don't want to see.

All I was saying is that jhorseblinds Sony says "10 years," it doesn't mean they'll even have the machine on the market for five. :-p

Well, u could be right, the worst thing that could happen to any company is that it can't fulfill its promises. If Sony did not go for 10 years I might buy the next Nintendo console or MS. But who knows what will happen in the future. PS3 just went out, I say we let it stay for a while, then we can argue with more clarity.

For now, I have the most expensive console in the market (not debatable). So when things go horrible, I can easily trade for an Xbox360 or Wii before the price drops for PS3. But I could also stick with my PS3 cause when disaster happens and there is a price drop people might start to buy PS3 and it will be the winner in this case.

THUS, we dont know how people will react, I say wait for the crisis to fall, either on Sony or any of the others, in the mean time we can only speculate.

Just like my friend did I expect (with explanations): 

1. Wii (huge turnover)

2.PS3 (Price drops)

3. Xbox 360 (did not win Japan, although won half of the Middle East)

What I want:

1. PS3 (Cause I have one and want more games on it)

2. Xbox 360 (I am considering buying one for my young bro)

3. Wii (cause I think Wii2 is coming pretty soon)

Those are just speculations and has 25% chance of happening. If any one disagrees with them, just say what u think in the same way I did with explanations. 

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Equinoxe said:
NJ5 said:
Equinoxe said:
What I think: 1:PS3 2:Wii 3:360 What I hope for: 1:360 2:Wii 3:PS3

So you think that the exact opposite of what you want is what's going to happen. Can you tell us your thinking behind the PS3/Wii/360 ranking? Or are you just a pessimist hehe?

I think most people are waiting for the good games on PS3 and for the price drop. When Final Fantasy will come out then the Japs gonna forget about Wii. It does not matter how good or bad PS3 are cause people just hear the name Playstation and they think it's the one and only. All my friends here are waiting for GTA IV so they can buy PS3. I have a 360 and cause of that I hope it will get most exclusives and so. I don't like Sony to much, Nintendo is ok. But for us in Europe I think it's better to support microsoft. Sony does not care if we get consoles and games several months later than everyone else

Hope you understand all, my english is not to good =)

I strongly agree and understand u perfectly =), we in Australia have the same problem and maybe worse. Games for PS always arrives late and I never understand it, for example, yesterday the US PS store has been updated with new demos and ours are still the same, why, Cause we are in Aus. 

That’s not fair, and it had put a lot of people down as a result. But as u said the people here are also waiting for the good games (such as GTA) to come out so they would buy a PS3.

I understand why u like Xbox360 and trust me I once liked it for the same reason. =) 

First no console in last place will last 10 years or even 8 for that matter. If Sony falters this gen than you will see a PS4 in 2011 despite what the PR says. The SNES lasted another a year or two after the introduction of the PS1 becaause it was the market leader at the time and the third party support was going there. The PS1 even went a year or two into the PS2 cycle for the same reason. If the Wii wins this generation it will last 7-9 years while the 360 and the PS3 will last 4-5 years. Anyways, I see the PS3 ending with about 24 million and the 360 doing around 35 million and the Wii with around 70 million by the end of the generation. I have said it before and will say it for 80 percent of the population HD doesnot matter. Even when a lot of people buy HDTV they buy it because it is big and flat. I know people who own HDTVs with a few exception they think they are watching HDTV when they watch a nonHD channel(even with it being squished) It drives me crazy personally. Most people can't tell the difference between EDTV and HDTV let alone 1080P and 720P. Videophiles and hardcore gamers are a small percentage of the public. The PS3 has a large hill to climb to make it back it has some great games coming out for it but great games did not save the N64. It still may do it. Develeopers were slow in truly supporting the Wii and early in supporting the PS3 so if they can squeeze off a nice price drop before the last of this round of games support is released and before the first round of third party support on the Wii starts to shine it may be able to take advantage of the breathing room. The 360 is a different story. If it weren't for Japan I would say it would of won but it is struggling in Japan and that hurts variety. However it has and will have a strong support and image in the US(again similiar to the N64). It has the advantage of a 1 year head start which is good for the library and development of games and if it can maintain the US sales lead for another year than I think it may be a very close race between the Wii and 360. The Wii has been selling phenomonally. This is without that many AAA games. IT would take a train wreck for sales to stop. In fact it may be selling too well if Nintendo can't meet demand by August stores will not be able to adequately stock for this holiday which will hurt sales. If the were to get ahead by 10 million sales WW by the end of next there will be no chance for the other systems to catch and despite what people think here it will get the games that made the PS2 and PS1 popular and you will see the next XBOX and PS in 2011 while the Wii sells well one year into the Wii2s lifetime.

Around the Network

I will win.

a.l.e.x59 said:
I will win.

That's the spirit.

a.l.e.x59 said:
I will win.

I've already won! sorry

call me Aaronbunny!

Wii code: 6993 4542 2457 6182. plz add me Im a wiily gd friend

Gamers win. /thread

PC+PS3+Wii. =) There are some chances, that this E3. =) Most likely Killzone 2, FFXIII, MGS4, Getaway3, and maybe GT5 will be shown. From x360 side Halo3, PGR4 and maybe Alan wake. So we will know, what to expect from those consoles next 2-3 years. That means everyone will make their choice. :)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far