By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Wii 360 PS3 The MGS4 and FF14 are this generations Sony fans Legend of Zelda OOT and Goldeneye 007. They will release and sell a crapload of copies but will not have the power to shift what the market has already decided. OOT sold over 7.5 million copies. FF14 just wont reach that. Goldeneye sold over 8 million copies MGS4 just wont reach that. OOT and GE wasn't enough to propel the N64 back into the front, and the N64 wasn't doing nearly as bad worldwide as the PS3 is. FF14 and MGS4 wont do it for the PS3 either. They will release, sell a crapton just like OOT and GE but just wont get it done. MS on the other hand is just flat out handicapped. They need to establish more of a presence in Japan. Its hard for them to beat Nintendo this gen because they have to sell so many in the US and EU over the Wii to make up for Japan, and thats just not happening. However they had a year head start on the PS3, and now that the PS3 is out, they are actually STILL managing to widen their lead on the PS3. The gap between the US sales of 360 and PS3 is enough to cancel out PS3's Japanese sales. So Sony is losing ground instead of gaining it. The Wii has the momentum, and the momentum is everything. Always. It may indeed just be a fad, but we wont ever know it. By the time the 'fad' starts to fade it will be too late as all of the developers tripping over themselves to get more Wii projects out of the door will be starting to release their software. There will be an exchange, Wii wont be new or the 'in' thing anymore, nor will it be on magazine covers like fortune and stuff, so people will no longer be buying it just because its the cool new console, but that wont matter, because at that point people will be buying it for the SOFTWARE thats being released. The exchange will be seamless and noone will be able to tell when the Wii goes from Fad to selling on its own library, the sales charts will just stay consistent. We can all sit back and profess that every new Wii announcement that has been made over the last 7 months are all crap non games and mini games, but you all know thats bull, in between the announcements of My word coach and Horsez, have been announcements of Nights2, and Rygar, and GH3. Not to mention developers actually apologizing left and right for the shovel ware and going out of their way to announce incoming increased support for the Wii. THOSE are the signs everyone should be familiar with. They happen every generation... to the console market leader. The support trickles in more and more.

Around the Network

Xyrax: It's FF 13, not 14. That's all I have to add!

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Xyrax said:
Wii 360 PS3 The MGS4 and FF14 are this generations Sony fans Legend of Zelda OOT and Goldeneye 007. They will release and sell a crapload of copies but will not have the power to shift what the market has already decided. OOT sold over 7.5 million copies. FF14 just wont reach that. Goldeneye sold over 8 million copies MGS4 just wont reach that. OOT and GE wasn't enough to propel the N64 back into the front, and the N64 wasn't doing nearly as bad worldwide as the PS3 is. FF14 and MGS4 wont do it for the PS3 either. They will release, sell a crapton just like OOT and GE but just wont get it done. MS on the other hand is just flat out handicapped. They need to establish more of a presence in Japan. Its hard for them to beat Nintendo this gen because they have to sell so many in the US and EU over the Wii to make up for Japan, and thats just not happening. However they had a year head start on the PS3, and now that the PS3 is out, they are actually STILL managing to widen their lead on the PS3. The gap between the US sales of 360 and PS3 is enough to cancel out PS3's Japanese sales. So Sony is losing ground instead of gaining it. The Wii has the momentum, and the momentum is everything. Always. It may indeed just be a fad, but we wont ever know it. By the time the 'fad' starts to fade it will be too late as all of the developers tripping over themselves to get more Wii projects out of the door will be starting to release their software. There will be an exchange, Wii wont be new or the 'in' thing anymore, nor will it be on magazine covers like fortune and stuff, so people will no longer be buying it just because its the cool new console, but that wont matter, because at that point people will be buying it for the SOFTWARE thats being released. The exchange will be seamless and noone will be able to tell when the Wii goes from Fad to selling on its own library, the sales charts will just stay consistent. We can all sit back and profess that every new Wii announcement that has been made over the last 7 months are all crap non games and mini games, but you all know thats bull, in between the announcements of My word coach and Horsez, have been announcements of Nights2, and Rygar, and GH3. Not to mention developers actually apologizing left and right for the shovel ware and going out of their way to announce incoming increased support for the Wii. THOSE are the signs everyone should be familiar with. They happen every generation... to the console market leader. The support trickles in more and more.

Man u took a coarse in writing no argue in that.

E3 2007 is coming here is the link: http://au.games.ign.com/articles/793/793082p1.html

and let me give u some statistics if u hate reading:

Its gonna be a Sony day

Sony Computer Entertainment 21 games (mostly PS3)

Sony Online Entertainment 5 games  (mostly PC)

Total of 26 for Sony, currently in the first lead followed by Capcom (15 games) and EA (9 games). 

NOW let’s see who is gonna get most of those games shall we:

(((((((((Wii)))))))))) : 4   !!!!!!!!!! (developers will really have to apologize now (up and down this time))

(((((((((PS2))))))))) : 9 (still better than Wii by 5, more than double)

(((((((((360))))))))) : 22 ( I don’t know why MS is not introducing any new games?, but I am sure they are on their way to the E3 arena) 

(((((((((PS3))))))))) :36 !!!! 36 man. who are u kidding.

Talk about increase support, who's the people will go for now mate.

P.S. (PlayStation last word) these are from the E3 and u can check the link if u don’t believe me (NBA '08 is wrongly posted for Xbox360 rather than PSP). 

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Ds sales to 2009 60-70million WIN

Ps3 sales to 2012 march 31    75million WIN

Wii sales to 2010  march 31    70 million and second (place)after 2010 NIN Cessaet  WII production 

X360 sales to 2012 60 million 3rd-placr  

Vgchartz = Video...Charts

(On Machina request take off from my sign..........)

@mero4ever If you post a link to an article, at least read the article first. This list is just games that have been "officially" confirmed, there are still a ton of games missing. Most publishers haven't even announced what games they will show.

Around the Network

I know who's going to win...us! the consumer.

Wii will probably win overall sales, and obviously DS will win as well. PS3 and 360 are both good contenders for second place though. It really depends on weather the PS3 can make a comeback or not. 360 has the games list, but it can't seem to tap the Japanese market place at all. The PS3 has potential power in all three markets to be fair though. Europeans want the PS3 but hate the price. Hmm actually what is the driving factor for them in America? PS3 is made by sony which is a Japanese company so that and the fact that they make a lot of Japanese games helps them there. Although, the PS3's dev price will prevent them from releasing a horde of games specifically for the Japanese might hurt them. 500 000 sales is difficult to reach world wide, nevermind one market, and that's what it takes to break even on PS3. So they can say goodbye to a lot of their region exclusives.

1.) PS3

2.) X360

3.) Wii

mero4ever said:

Will, I am speaking out of facts here, so don't get angry with me.

The Xbox:

Good games (huge base of it)

nice online service

comes in HD-DVD (nice)

Cool graphics

Rumble control

Kind of noisy

had some problems (not any more)

no HDMI port (some needs it)

no wireless (coming soon)

probably will last another 4 to 5 years before MS replace it.

Wii:

Cool remote

Killer games

Small

Cheap

Not state of the art in graphics (everyone knows that)

no Hard disk

Limited games (coming soon games are not so exciting for some people)

Some say it is for kids and old people only (not me, for more info check youtube.com)

probably will be here for 5 to 6 years

PS3:

State of the art graphic card and processor (Blu-ray is an advantage but not for now, sorry PS3 fan boys)

Cool games (both coming and just released + PS2 and PS)

Rate of 3.2 games a day (my own statistics based on EB games online store)

Now with online store for demos and multiplayer (can connect wirelessly to psp or Internet)

HDD 20 or 60GB and bluetooth

No rumble (rumor of SIXAIX+dual shock)

Expensive (way expensive)

Graphics are similar to rivals and in some cases worse (check opm.1up.com)

Backward compatibility (solved after the update)

RAM may not be enough for future games (News says that PS3 hardwares can be upgraded, though not how much it will cost)

Sony rep's say that it will be here for 10 years.

Who will win? you tell me.

BUT if you wanna know which console I went with it is the PS3.

WHY? will I did that analysis before deciding and then it hit me why I wanna buy one. I wanted to have fun for as long as I can.

Wii, was a great console and I loved the remote, but I didn't choose it cause of the missing features and that i am not a fan of physical activities.

So, I narrowed it and though about it, PS3 and 360 has the same games, so they are substitutes except for price. The only difference is that Xbox 360 will be replaced in 5 years and then I have to buy another console say for $400. PS3 is $600 and would be here for 10 years, and if MS came up with new technology I can take my PS3 to Sony and get the same technology added or replaced. Beside if BD was really the future well guess what, I already have it.

But that's only my story, I am not a fan boy, I used to have Xbox and I got upset when MS introduced the Xbox 360 and I ended up with no games. So, even Wii now for me is a no no. I want a console that lasts.

comes in HD-DVD (nice)  actually it doesnt come in Hd DVd.. you can buy an HD DVD add on for 200 dollars Us..

had some problems (not any more) actually it still has problems you must live in a box or something

no HDMI port (some needs it)  actually the recently released elite has HDMI

Graphics are similar to rivals and in some cases worse (check opm.1up.com)  those are all games that are ported

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

Im gonna break mine down to the 2nd half of 07 and 1st half of 08....

In terms of sales.. Ps3 and Wii will improve the most.. wii is still supply constrained and on top of that its steady release of games isnt where it should be.. but that will improve and with it improving means sales will improve too... with the ps3 obviously right now its numbers are low... 80 thousand in april... thats ridiculous... but it will improve.. why because starting in july finally there will be a steady flow of games... which will give reasons for people to go out and buy a ps3... which will improve sales.. on top of that...1st party lineups for this year is actually strong...and thats not including killzone or MGS4... with the addition of home their online service will take off... and going into 08 their sales will grow even stronger... i dont think it will surpass the wii but i certainly do think it will pass the 360... i believe the ps3 will start to recover in japan later this year when some key games are released and next year when monster hunter..exclusive to ps3 is released... 360 will come in 3rd... because their lineup of games still only caters to the hardcore gamer.. they are trying to improve that.. but lets face it.. their console or even exclusive games are selling well over in japan... developers and publishers will start to port thiers games over to the ps3 eventually making it the lead console... exclusive games still have not gotten the japanese attention about the 360... the 360 needs something more than america.. with europe basically a 3 way tie 360 will come in 3rd...

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732