By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Australia’s top climate scientist says “we are already deep into the trajectory towards collapse” of civilisation

So what are you proposing we do?

Around the Network
Rab said:
EnricoPallazzo said:

same situation here. Its always fun to go back to their predictions from 20-30 years ago.

Anyway we should be listening to IPCC only, and not an isolated group of scientists from just one country.

This whole debate is just messed up with hidden interests, the media not doing their job as usual and helping mislead people and the serch for solutions going in the wrong direction. As usual.

"Isolated group of scientists from just one country" :)

It's funny and sad how much denial of science there is :/

Your attitude is one of the problems in facing this challenge. Good luck convincing 80% of the world. Nothing more than what I expected.

Well thats what it says here:

Scientists from the Australian National University (ANU)

And again and again and again...We will all die. This will be fun to listen (or not) when we will be 70 years old and see that nothing changed.

I love doing my part so i will tatoo greta's "How dare you" face on my chest when eating my assigned fortified kibble.

Last edited by Stefan.De.Machtige - on 21 June 2020

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Around the Network
EnricoPallazzo said:

Well, widespread rioting is actually happening. Though that doesn’t have anything to do with the climate change.

Marth said:

In case you are wondering 2020 is already on the path to be another temerature record around the world

You can look at the hottest ever recorded temperatures for each country and realize that most of them have been set in the the past 5-10 years.

The direction in which we are heading is very clear and it is only getting faster.

If you think the economy is going bad now just wait until this development progresses further.

To be fair; “ever recorded” only means the last 100 years give or take. The history of the world is a lot longer than that, and there have been plenty of colder but also even warmer periods throughout it for all kinds of reasons. I’m not saying we have no influence, but excuse me if I’m not prepping my basement just yet.

Marth said:

In case you are wondering 2020 is already on the path to be another temerature record around the world

You can look at the hottest ever recorded temperatures for each country and realize that most of them have been set in the the past 5-10 years.

The direction in which we are heading is very clear and it is only getting faster.

If you think the economy is going bad now just wait until this development progresses further.

I would like to know how much the solar cycle does effect us as that should be more active atm(solar maximum),it effects activity on the sun like more and bigger sunspots that are being tied to the ever changing magnetic field of our sun and has cycles of about 11 years till the magnitic field flips North and South poles.

S.Peelman said:
EnricoPallazzo said:

Well, widespread rioting is actually happening. Though that doesn’t have anything to do with the climate change.

Well maybe it have... if it was winter people would not be on the streets, this spring was very hot

Marth said:
Immersiveunreality said:

I would like to know how much the solar cycle does effect us as that should be more active atm(solar maximum),it effects activity on the sun like more and bigger sunspots that are being tied to the ever changing magnetic field of our sun and has cycles of about 11 years till the magnitic field flips North and South poles.

The sun is currently very generous to us but it doesen't matter. We caused this shitshow ourselves.

Yes i know,but it is curious to see the amount of the effect and following that graph the sun seems to be less active than it should be yes.

You can clearly see how industrialization effected the growth here.