By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Australia’s top climate scientist says “we are already deep into the trajectory towards collapse” of civilisation

We have struggled with a pandemic, things will get a lot worse if we dont change quickly  

Scientists from the Australian National University (ANU) have predicted that the climate will be out of our control in a short number of years, then temps will steadily rise to 4C above normal then go even higher, once that starts so many environmental impacts will occur regularly that eventually the World will only be able to support less than 1 Billion people, Civilisation as well know it will collapse, leaving our descendants dead or destitute

https://www.resilience.org/stories/2020-06-08/collapse-of-civilisation-is-the-most-likely-outcome-top-climate-scientists/

Around the Network

Another one from the doomsday cult.

FormerlyTeamSilent13 said:

Your from the cult of denial, the same cult that asks its members to practice having their head in the sand and has it's command and control in lala land :P   

I'll believe the science 

Rab said:
FormerlyTeamSilent13 said:

Your from the cult of denial, the same cult that asks its members to practice having their head in the sand and has it's command and control in lala land :P   

I'll believe the science 

But which side of science will you believe?

Science still has human limitations, there are usually differing views even in the scientific community.

We also see science of the past being disproven in the present, this will continue to happen.

Jabba89 said:
Rab said:

I'll believe the science 

Science still has human limitations, there are usually differing views even in the scientific community.

We also see science of the past being disproven in the present, this will continue to happen.

The current consensus view shared by over 90% is probably the rational view

We have little luxury in our musing, if the scientific consensus is wrong and we act we are saved no matter what, if the science is right and we don't act we are lost    

Last edited by Rab - on 20 June 2020

Around the Network
Jabba89 said:
Rab said:

I'll believe the science 

The current consensus view shared by over 90% is probably the rational view 

We have little luxury in our musing, if the scientific consensus is wrong and we act we are saved no matter what, if the science is right and we don't act we are lost    

I'm 40 years old. I recall pretty well the last 35 years of my life, and there has been a never-ending stream of impending climate emergency proclamations for those 35 years. It's always just a few years off. But those few years keep coming and going, any nothing serious ever happens.  Older people tell me that the same kind of thing was happening previous to the beginning of my memories in the early 80s. I know there was a big scare about global cooling before I was born. So, I put absolutely zero stock in the proclamations of so-called environmental experts.

That doesn't mean that I think environmental issues are unimportant. On the contrary, I think such issues are far too important to entrust to people or organizations that have been wrong about them over and over and over again.

DId he warn them about Aussie burning down or did he miss that one?

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

What will collapse first civilization due to climate change, or will the worlds economy collapse rendering money useless.

This doesn't come to me as a surprise. If this is a mass extinction event - we are overdue for one anyway, then we'll die regardless of whether we can "change our approach to the climate problem". 

If you require alcohol to have fun, then you have a problem