By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 24, 2020 (Jun 08 - Jun 14)

Tagged games:

Ring Fit joins the million sellers in Japan club.
Switch to PS4 ratio at 6:1.
Overall numbers seem like a normal pre-pandemic week.

Around the Network
Clank said:
pokemon above ssb again, want to see how the dlc will impact its sales, any thoughts?

It could only be a good thing.  I know there have been a few times a game has been on my radar, then when DLC hits and it starts popping up in news and such I'm like "oh yeah I should buy that". 

Legs on Pokémon are good, just not 4Evergreen status like other 3-4 games. It’s holding on though and leggier than most Pokémon games at least

tbone51 said:
Question for everybody before I make a new thread, in your own opinion when do you think a successor will come out? Say year and either holiday or spring.

I’m still shocked most think 2022 and 2023

Fall 2023 at the earliest but I'm leaning towards Spring 2024 or later as time goes on.  I used to think Spring 2023 but that's not enough time for their marquee development teams to come up with meaningful software for its launch year: the Animal Crossing team just finished New Horizons, the 2D Mario team still has time to release one more big game for the Switch, the 3D Mario, Mario Kart and Zelda teams are probably going to release their big games starting this holiday season and Sakurai is still busy with Smash Bros. Ultimate. 

tbone51 said:
Question for everybody before I make a new thread, in your own opinion when do you think a successor will come out? Say year and either holiday or spring.

I was going to say spring 2024 but since Nintendo said they want a longer than typical life for the Switch I'm going with spring 2025

Around the Network

Congratulations RFA! Another 1 million is on its way!
And a total Switch Domination on the top 10!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Stock issues or switch is going back to normal?

I can't see Nintendo waiting later than 2023 to replace the Switch.

Sales will be well passed their peak by then and it will be time to move on.

It's been known for a while now but still disappointing that PS4 won't crack 10 million in sales. Competition is good for all gamers. Its especially what made Nintendo great this gen.
Switch on the other hand is killing it and can challenge for 30 million sales.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

tbone51 said:

I think it is going to take some time.
Switch doesnt have to rush to finish its cicle, it is well positioned in its own niche. At same time, we have to follow the prices of components like SSD, new mobile chips, even technologies like foldable screen on phones, DLSS. Switch can wait until we have low prices on these technologies. So, if i had to bet, I would say fall 2014 or spring 2025.