By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Fire Sale in France Causes Crowd Chaos

Tagged games:

PS4 is not the only Lidl special offer that ends not very well, when the Lidl store next to me opened some housewives were arrested for a quite violent brawl to get the ham slicers of the opening special offer. Journalists and most readers too wondered how often these werehousewives bought whole hams to need a slicer so desperately.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

The power of PlayStation, Competition could have a 99 eu Price and noone would Show up there.

BANNED (1 Week): Trolling (multiple posts/threads) ~ CGI

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 18 June 2020

JapaneseGamesLover said:
The power of PlayStation, Competition could have a 99 eu Price and noone would Show up there.

Wait, what? Do you seriously believe that a €99 Switch would be ignored? Heck, even an Xbox at that price would get attention.

forest-spirit said:
JapaneseGamesLover said:

Wait, what? Do you seriously believe that a €99 Switch would be ignored? Heck, even an Xbox at that price would get attention.

Xbox One is sold for 199 EU with videogames in some stores in Germany and in whole of Europe it only has 14,000 weekly sales. So, yes a 99eu Xbox One would pass un-noticed. As for Switch, it is only 3 years old, sold at the same price as PS4 in many stores, yet PS4 outsells it in Europe. I hope you get the message.

Rumor has it that they did the same with Xbox One systems, and the only police intervention they had, was related to a pimp fight down the corner

In all seriousness, I get it, its a good price for a gaming console, but man, I would never do this, even if it would mean that I can only afford one several years down the line. I mean, come one, its a console, for crying out loud :|

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

PS4 Pro is sold for 399 EU, even today. So, yes a 95 EU PS4 can cause chaos, because there is MASSIVE DEMAND 7 years later. No other home console, except PS2 had such a demand late in the gen.

JapaneseGamesLover said:
forest-spirit said:

Xbox One is sold for 199 EU with videogames in some stores in Germany and in whole of Europe it only has 14,000 weekly sales. So, yes a 99eu Xbox One would pass un-noticed. As for Switch, it is only 3 years old, sold at the same price as PS4 in many stores, yet PS4 outsells it in Europe. I hope you get the message.

No, I don't get the message because what you're saying doesn't make any sense.

As unpopular as Xbox One is, there were at least 14k people that cared enough to buy one. According to your logic an Xbox One at €99 would go unnoticed, despite that not even happening at its current price. That makes no sense.

Sure, PS4 outsold Switch last week in Europe with 103k vs 75k. How that means that a Switch at €99 would go unnoticed in Europe, and France in particular (a country where the Switch has done well so far) is beyond me.

95€ is a steal, no wonder so many people went nuts.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

forest-spirit said:
JapaneseGamesLover said:

No, I don't get the message because what you're saying doesn't make any sense.

As unpopular as Xbox One is, there were at least 14k people that cared enough to buy one. According to your logic an Xbox One at €99 would go unnoticed, despite that not even happening at its current price. That makes no sense.

Sure, PS4 outsold Switch last week in Europe with 103k vs 75k. How that means that a Switch at €99 would go unnoticed in Europe, and France in particular (a country where the Switch has done well so far) is beyond me.

https://www.mediamarkt.de/de/product/_xbox-one-s-1tb-–-all-digital-edition-xbox-one-konsolen-2596456.html

The 169EU Xbox One is sold with 3 games, as you can see on the link of mediamarkt germany, biggest game retailer in the country, so basically it is less than 99 for the customer, as a system. Still trying to convince hope with the 99 argument ?

JapaneseGamesLover said:

Yeah, that's why the Switch is sold out everywhere at 300€ or more in Europe. Oh, wait...