By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Fire Sale in France Causes Crowd Chaos

Tagged games:

Immersiveunreality said:
hinch said:

Mental.. but then that is Paris. Who on earth thought this was a good idea? xD

Yes i'm not fond of Paris either,when i'm there it is like 2 or 3 days max to go to most musea and get the hell out again :p

Yeah I've not experienced the bad parts of Paris but I've heard a lot or bad things there. You wouldn't have thought so, if you go by the media and Hollywood depiction of romantic Paris. But ya a new opening of Lidl in Paris, plus a fire sale for a popular console; when there already shortages is not going to go down well.

Around the Network
JapaneseGamesLover said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Yeah, that's why the Switch is sold out everywhere at 300€ or more in Europe. Oh, wait...

It is available on all stores in Germany and being outsold by PS4, fake arguements without receipts are no arguments. I have a relative working on a retailer shop and there is NO NS shortage atm, only less demand than PS4, based on what he told me.

That is simply not true. It's not available around Perl for months now for instance.

And certainly not in France either, where the console is sold out for months.

Oh, and Switch outsold the PS4 in France last year: https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2020-01-10-nintendo-switch-was-best-selling-console-in-france-last-year

Bristow9091 said:

In Paris, you say?

*Sips tea in British*

... Seriously though, that's a pretty amazing deal, but one I wouldn't risk getting pepper sprayed for, and think the store owners were idiots for doing in the middle of a pandemic while there's already riots going on (Unless they've calmed down in France now?).

Edit: Wait, what? I've only just noticed the store... Lidl?! They sell consoles over there?! All we get here is cheap food, lol. 

Cheap food and egg chairs apparently.

Edit Oops thinking of Aldi. lol

Jesus Sony, just cut the price already you greedy bastards.

Whats that? around 115$ PS4....
Damn thats cheap.

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:

In Paris, you say?

*Sips tea in British*

... Seriously though, that's a pretty amazing deal, but one I wouldn't risk getting pepper sprayed for, and think the store owners were idiots for doing in the middle of a pandemic while there's already riots going on (Unless they've calmed down in France now?).

Edit: Wait, what? I've only just noticed the store... Lidl?! They sell consoles over there?! All we get here is cheap food, lol. 

Lidl sometimes buy inventory of of odd things, if they can get them cheap enough.
Sometimes you find cheap laptops, tvs, and stuff in lidl.
(the service isnt great, if you run into issues with said devices though)

Immersiveunreality said:
Ah yes Paris.

Not really