By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - In your mind, what will the Xbox SX conference have to do to beat the PS5 conference?

Tagged games:

Answer the damned question!

Fantastic games 65 51.18%

100% backwards compatible with every Xbox 3 2.36%

VR Support 3 2.36%

Shockingly low price 21 16.54%

There's NOTHING they can do 31 24.41%

Other (please explain) 4 3.15%

Total:127

It's simple.
Sony has announced 20 exclusive titles. https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9164448
MS needs to announce more than 21 exclusive titles.

Around the Network
Jaicee said:

I'm probably not the person anyone here wants the opinion of on this matter, given how weird my tastes are considered to be, BUT I will just say that, honestly, I'll probably actually get a Series X first, I think. Like a Series X this year and a PlayStation 5 next year, something like that. That is, based on the libraries for each we've seen so far anyway. I remain open to persuasion!

The deal for me is that while there are quite a few more games coming to the PlayStation 5 that I want, unfortunately not many appear to be slated for like within the next 12 months. By contrast, I can think of three games confirmed for the Series X -- Call of the Sea, Bright Memory Infinite, and The Medium -- that I both want to play and are on track for release within the next year. The must-have PlayStation 5 titles for me are Stray, Solar Ash, Ghostwire: Tokyo, and Goodbye Volcano High, but those are all slated for 2021 releases, and most likely later in the year. Also, I want to punish Sony for their pretentious, overly-stylized system design by at least waiting around for some more appealing color options.

That's my opinion as of this date, based strictly on what games we know of as yet. Subject to change!

As to how Microsoft can make the Series X wind up as my in-the-end preference over the course of the next console generation though, the answer is just to announce more games for it. Namely more original games, preferably single-player. Also, I care nothing for franchises like Halo and Forza and Gears of War, sorry. Just not my bag.

Why not go PC? You can play most of all of these 'console exclusives' from both camps and not have to wait around for anything. Since you have no interest in Halo or Gears or Sony 1st/2nd party games in the 1st year.

Just sayin xP

I liked Spider-Man Miles from Sony's conference.

So Microsoft needs to show 2 games I would like.

I think Gamepass is their biggest selling point, so I think they should focus somewhat of that. Aside from that, announce better games.

They can start by putting release windows on their first party titles.

Around the Network

Games games games. They would have to announce an exclusive Chrono Trigger full 4k remake for me to buy one. I bought the S cheap years ago to play the classic rare replay games and enjoyed it, but now it just collects dust. That being said I do hope that Xbox does well this generation, it only benefits us the consumers to have all companies putting their full effort out there.

Show actual gameplay, not just trailers.

hinch said:
Jaicee said:

I'm probably not the person anyone here wants the opinion of on this matter, given how weird my tastes are considered to be, BUT I will just say that, honestly, I'll probably actually get a Series X first, I think. Like a Series X this year and a PlayStation 5 next year, something like that. That is, based on the libraries for each we've seen so far anyway. I remain open to persuasion!

The deal for me is that while there are quite a few more games coming to the PlayStation 5 that I want, unfortunately not many appear to be slated for like within the next 12 months. By contrast, I can think of three games confirmed for the Series X -- Call of the Sea, Bright Memory Infinite, and The Medium -- that I both want to play and are on track for release within the next year. The must-have PlayStation 5 titles for me are Stray, Solar Ash, Ghostwire: Tokyo, and Goodbye Volcano High, but those are all slated for 2021 releases, and most likely later in the year. Also, I want to punish Sony for their pretentious, overly-stylized system design by at least waiting around for some more appealing color options.

That's my opinion as of this date, based strictly on what games we know of as yet. Subject to change!

As to how Microsoft can make the Series X wind up as my in-the-end preference over the course of the next console generation though, the answer is just to announce more games for it. Namely more original games, preferably single-player. Also, I care nothing for franchises like Halo and Forza and Gears of War, sorry. Just not my bag.

Why not go PC? You can play most of all of these 'console exclusives' from both camps and not have to wait around for anything. Since you have no interest in Halo or Gears or Sony 1st/2nd party games in the 1st year.

Just sayin xP

Well I don't see how that would be advantageous. I'd have to replace my existing computer with a proper gaming PC and probably upgrade it regularly, which would probably be more expensive (I'm living on $9.39 an hour for perspective) , more time-consuming, and also is just a process I don't know how to do. I'm just a game-player, not a hardware expert. I'd much rather just buy a Series X this fall and reserve my computer for smaller Steam games that don't make it to consoles like I'm already doing. It sounds like a cheaper and easier option.

It really isn't that hard to build a PC. But the amount of time people spend on here talking exclusives, you could just buy a PC and you would have had the chance to play more games and end up costing you way less in the long run. Most of these console 'exclusives' are available on there anyway. You can just buy a console when there's a game that you really want to play launches on it.

Granted I know it isn't for everyone and not everyone like to tinker. Anyway we shouldn't derail the thread anymore xP

Last edited by hinch - on 13 June 2020

So I'll divide this into three answers.

Q: In your mind, what will the Xbox SX conference have to do to beat the PS5 conference?
A: The Xbox conference should do a few things to beat the PS5 conference. Reduce the running time by about 25 minutes. Show off enticing gameplay footage for a dozen games, most of them exclusive to the Xbox ecosystem. Guarantee a killer app at launch. Provide a launch date and attractive price point.

Q: What can Microsoft realistically do that will make you excited about their upcoming hardware as the 9th gen begins?
A: This is all about Halo. Demonstrate that 343 can produce a great Halo campaign, and the rest is gravy.

Q: What would make you say "Xbox Series X is better than PS5?
A: Honestly, I fear Xbox can do nothing to convince me Xbox Series X will be a better product than PS5 in the long run. They're both going to get the same AAA multi-platform games and indie titles, so as always it comes down to first-party software and third-party exclusives. Sony first-party isn't the best, but it's better than Microsoft. And Sony has deeper ties with Japanese studios like Square Enix, Aksys, From Software, Atlus, and Nihon Falcom, and therefore will probably secure a good number of AA exclusives.