5 16 7.17%

4 6 2.69%

3 6 2.69%

2 1 0.45%

1 4 1.79%

Total:223
Nautilus said:
160rmf said:

Full of "only possible on PS5" bullcrap, it's "Resogun couldn't be possible on PS3" all over again. Gotta drink that kool aid

About gameplay: nothing to be seen, nothing to be rated, but I don't expect anything wowing

But well... It looks better, that's we all care after all

The games do look fun, but what I am saying is, what's the point for PS5? Obviously, the games wouldn't run with the same fidelity on PS4 but it would still be possible regardless the cutbacks.

But obviously people will make an mountain out of a molehill, gotta justify the upgrade after all

Last edited by 160rmf - on 11 June 2020

We reap what we sow

Around the Network
ArchangelMadzz said:
The Trailers are available on youtube in 4K?
Well I'm definitely rewatching, Spiderman, Gran Turismo, Kena and Horizon. Oh and Demon Souls too.

It was fantastic, loved it. showed a great mix of games and revealled the console design which I was incredibly shocked by and really like.

Yeah was a bit shocked at first but it looks completely different from the usual black boxes. Its actually quite an elegant design imo. Kinda looks like a high end Alienware PC at an angle.

setsunatenshi said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Buying AAA games digitally on day one for $60 is almost always a rip off, just like Microtransactions. The profit margin on digital games is so high that they could release AAA games for $45 on launch, and still make a huge profit. 

Whenever you buy a AAA digital game on a console, you are asking to lose access to it in about 10-15 years. 

Hope you're not using netflix or spotify either. Or PC gaming for that matter... btw how are things back there in the 1990's? Hot tip, buy Apple and Amazon shares ASAP.

My take on game pricing is it's fine the rrp has been $60.00 for along time and unless your nintendo the pricing drops over time or through sales and I don't begrudge them taking a mark up from digital in this world of expanding costs if the outcome otherwise is too see pressure placed on pricing or the games we get.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Demon's Souls and Project Athia are the standout products for me. CAPCOM's Pragmata was the runner up for best new ip shown. The rest of it kinda ran together. I do remember Kena though.

8/10 needed more Japanese games.

EDIT - The incredible Design scored it an extra point. 

I'll give it a 7. It was really more similar to the Xbox event last month than I would have liked. A lot of indie titles, and a lot of fire and forget trailers that gave you little idea of how the games actually play. Some of the titles also seemed to have very poor framerates, noticeably chugging along at under 30fps, which leaves a lot to be desired for showcases where you're trying to put your best foot forward. That said, they did throw in a few more notable third party games, and obviously some big first party games (albeit some were suspiciously lacking even general release windows). Ratchet and Clank particularly looked like good fun. They also revealed the form factor, and while it's not my personal cup of tea, that was an unexpected surprise, given that everyone was saying they were going to wait.

All in all, solid, serviceable, better than what came before....but far from a killshot, or particularly awe inspiring. So far, I'm thinking both Sony and MS can do a lot better.

Around the Network

Solid 9 for me, Demons Souls was a stand out, so was Ratchet and Clank, Spiderman Miles Morales, RE VIII, Horizon and GT7.

Other than that i liked the Twisted Metal looking game, that game about a cartoony looking hunter (that also had an old man doing mundane things in his house) and that pixar looking game (i think it was called Kena).

Also i did like the desing of the actual console (do wish it came in all black though).

hinch said:
ArchangelMadzz said:
The Trailers are available on youtube in 4K?
Well I'm definitely rewatching, Spiderman, Gran Turismo, Kena and Horizon. Oh and Demon Souls too.

It was fantastic, loved it. showed a great mix of games and revealled the console design which I was incredibly shocked by and really like.

Yeah was a bit shocked at first but it looks completely different from the usual black boxes. Its actually quite an elegant design imo. Kinda looks like a high end Alienware PC at an angle.

Oh and Ratchet and Clank too! 

Yeah I agree, the digital version looks so slick I really want that version. Only problem is that games on PSN in the UK are more expensive than the physical version on amazon and other places, and go on sale sooner :( 

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

160rmf said:
Nautilus said:

The games do look fun, but what I am saying is, what's the point for PS5? Obviously, the games wouldn't run with the same fidelity on PS4 but it would still be possible regardless the cutbacks.

But obviously people will make an mountain out of a molehill, gotta justify the upgrade after all

Games are more than graphics, you know that right?

Every game, probably since the 6th gen, could be played in a previous gen if enough cutbacks were made. Hell, I personally never though the jump from the 7th to 8th gen was that big in terms of graphical fidelity. Not like it was from the 4th to 5th, or the 5th to 6th anyway.

It was painfully obvious that graphical fidelity had kind of hit a wall in the 7th gen, so the big three are innovating in different ways, such as load speeds, immersive sound, and realistic lightning or ways to play. Ohter less opbvious ways to improve is to enhance the CPU and GPU so that you have more enemies at the same time, better AI for each individual enemy, and have the enviroment interact in more complex ways. Sony and MS may lack the innovation that Nintendo has, but saying that it's "just another upgrade" is also a plain lie.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

@ArchangelMadzz

Yeah R&C looks amazing, can't wait to play it.

Idd the digital version looks slick. Yeah digital prices in the UK are getting out of hand for new games. Hopefully they don't push the prices up this gen.

I was nice in the poll.  I gave it 7/10, but that is mostly from a business perspective.  Everything that Microsoft has shown so far was so disappointing that they really set up Sony to look good in this presentation.  Also, if Spider-Man Miles Morales really is a full PS5 exclusive, then that is a really good move for Sony.  I never expected them to have a first party killer app right at launch, so I'm impressed, because it looks like that is what they are doing.  Where they lose points is 1) they didn't give us a price and 2) these games look to be spread out over several years which means there actually aren't that many for the first year.

If I am talking personal preferences then it is a 3/10.  The game that looked the best to me was Demon's Souls.  It looked awesome, but I've already played it.  Spider-Man also looked like a game I'd enjoy.  I didn't really care for anything else.  So there are two games there if/when I ever get a system, but right now it's looking it might be 5+ years after launch.