3 6 2.69%

2 1 0.45%

1 4 1.79%

Total:223

It was much better than I had hoped.

Around the Network
setsunatenshi said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

One of the best things about consoles is that physical media is completely DRM free. Making a digital version of a console is an attempt to kill that. 

Microtransactions are "multiple options" too ya know. 

Terrible take, no one is forcing you to buy the digital one, please feel free to get all the partial games in discs and then download the rest of it like you already do. But why should I have to pay for something i will never use (blu ray discs)? On the microtransactions that is an old hat too, clearly some games do microtransactions right, just because we don't partake in them, doesn't mean they are bad. Helps studios stay profitable while we enjoy the continuous game price drops (when accounting for inflation).

Partial games on disc? What exactly do you play, because whenever I buy a modern game on disc it is a complete game, identical to what you would get from buying it digitally on day 1. Stop acting like physical games only contain 50% of the game on disc.  

You'd be smart to pay the extra $50 for the physical disc drive. You'd save way more than that $50 over the long run by buying used games for cheaper than you can find them on the PSN store. 

Lol, what games do MTX right? They are all bad.

Please give me an example of a good studio that would have went under if not for MTX. 

Discretionary spending is not affected by inflation. So no games are not cheaper these days. Not by a long shot. 

setsunatenshi said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Buying AAA games digitally on day one for $60 is almost always a rip off, just like Microtransactions. The profit margin on digital games is so high that they could release AAA games for $45 on launch, and still make a huge profit. 

Whenever you buy a AAA digital game on a console, you are asking to lose access to it in about 10-15 years. 

Hope you're not using netflix or spotify either. Or PC gaming for that matter... btw how are things back there in the 1990's? Hot tip, buy Apple and Amazon shares ASAP.

Netflix rents stuff, they don't sell stuff. Apples and Oranges comparison there. Does Spotify sell music? 

Steam has been around for 17 years now. They aren't going anywhere. My games bought on GoG come DRM free. Meanwhile the Wii shop channel has been taken down already. 

Last edited by Cerebralbore101 - on 11 June 2020

The sentence below is false. 
The sentence above is true. 

Nautilus said:
160rmf said:

Full of "only possible on PS5" bullcrap, it's "Resogun couldn't be possible on PS3" all over again. Gotta drink that kool aid

About gameplay: nothing to be seen, nothing to be rated, but I don't expect anything wowing

But well... It looks better, that's we all care after all

The games do look fun, but what I am saying is, what's the point for PS5? Obviously, the games wouldn't run with the same fidelity on PS4 but it would still be possible regardless the cutbacks.

But obviously people will make an mountain out of a molehill, gotta justify the upgrade after all

Last edited by 160rmf - on 11 June 2020

We reap what we sow

ArchangelMadzz said:
The Trailers are available on youtube in 4K?
Well I'm definitely rewatching, Spiderman, Gran Turismo, Kena and Horizon. Oh and Demon Souls too.

It was fantastic, loved it. showed a great mix of games and revealled the console design which I was incredibly shocked by and really like.

Yeah was a bit shocked at first but it looks completely different from the usual black boxes. Its actually quite an elegant design imo. Kinda looks like a high end Alienware PC at an angle.

7.5/10 overall

The show didn't live up to the hype and rumors I read. Pacing was off in the middle with too many smaller games, especially that weird Furry High School game. The GTA V port was downright embarrassing, showing PS4 footage. Most of the new games shown didn't look next-gen, but rather cross-gen with a few even looking current gen. Spider-Man with 2 years of development feels rushed to me. Horizon 2 looked dope, but no window which means we may be waiting until 2022 for it. 3rd party games looked cool, but I'm not a fan of them moneyhatting timed exclusivity on the Luminous game and the 2 Bethesda games. Kena was probably the biggest surprise for me, looked quite good. PS5 itself is butt ugly and apparently huge, going to be hard as heck to hide that in a shelf since it is so big, and if you don't hide it any non-gamer company you have over is going to think it looks gaudy as hell. 

Around the Network
setsunatenshi said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Buying AAA games digitally on day one for $60 is almost always a rip off, just like Microtransactions. The profit margin on digital games is so high that they could release AAA games for $45 on launch, and still make a huge profit. 

Whenever you buy a AAA digital game on a console, you are asking to lose access to it in about 10-15 years. 

Hope you're not using netflix or spotify either. Or PC gaming for that matter... btw how are things back there in the 1990's? Hot tip, buy Apple and Amazon shares ASAP.

My take on game pricing is it's fine the rrp has been $60.00 for along time and unless your nintendo the pricing drops over time or through sales and I don't begrudge them taking a mark up from digital in this world of expanding costs if the outcome otherwise is too see pressure placed on pricing or the games we get.

Demon's Souls and Project Athia are the standout products for me. CAPCOM's Pragmata was the runner up for best new ip shown. The rest of it kinda ran together. I do remember Kena though.

8/10 needed more Japanese games.

EDIT - The incredible Design scored it an extra point. 

I'll give it a 7. It was really more similar to the Xbox event last month than I would have liked. A lot of indie titles, and a lot of fire and forget trailers that gave you little idea of how the games actually play. Some of the titles also seemed to have very poor framerates, noticeably chugging along at under 30fps, which leaves a lot to be desired for showcases where you're trying to put your best foot forward. That said, they did throw in a few more notable third party games, and obviously some big first party games (albeit some were suspiciously lacking even general release windows). Ratchet and Clank particularly looked like good fun. They also revealed the form factor, and while it's not my personal cup of tea, that was an unexpected surprise, given that everyone was saying they were going to wait.

All in all, solid, serviceable, better than what came before....but far from a killshot, or particularly awe inspiring. So far, I'm thinking both Sony and MS can do a lot better.

Solid 9 for me, Demons Souls was a stand out, so was Ratchet and Clank, Spiderman Miles Morales, RE VIII, Horizon and GT7.

Other than that i liked the Twisted Metal looking game, that game about a cartoony looking hunter (that also had an old man doing mundane things in his house) and that pixar looking game (i think it was called Kena).

Also i did like the desing of the actual console (do wish it came in all black though).

hinch said:
ArchangelMadzz said:
The Trailers are available on youtube in 4K?
Well I'm definitely rewatching, Spiderman, Gran Turismo, Kena and Horizon. Oh and Demon Souls too.

It was fantastic, loved it. showed a great mix of games and revealled the console design which I was incredibly shocked by and really like.

Yeah was a bit shocked at first but it looks completely different from the usual black boxes. Its actually quite an elegant design imo. Kinda looks like a high end Alienware PC at an angle.

Oh and Ratchet and Clank too! 

Yeah I agree, the digital version looks so slick I really want that version. Only problem is that games on PSN in the UK are more expensive than the physical version on amazon and other places, and go on sale sooner :( 

PS4(PS5 Soon)and PC gaming

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'