By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 could see even more 3rd party exclusives than PS4

You couldn't be more wrong, method114.

Around the Network
okr said:
You couldn't be more wrong, method114.

So your telling me that a company that releases their games on Xbox and loses money is good for the company?

Sega tried releasing Yakuza 1 and 2 HD for Wii U and it was a massive failure. How was this in fact a good thing for Sega?

And on PC and Xbox the Yakuza series is prospering, ain't it?
Or why are more and more Yakuza games on these platforms.

SteamSpy's estimate for Yakuza 0 is over half a million units:

The audience ain't that different on Playstation, Xbox and PC... so multiplatform makes sense in most cases.

I don’t doubt that. The games we all ready know about being timed far surpass any deals we saw in 2013

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

In lieu of the recent event:

PS4/5 exclusives/timed exclusives:

Babylon Fall
Re Fantasy
Project Awakening
Deathloop
Ghostwire Tokyo
Project Athia
FF16

PS5 is getting more third party exclusives/timed exclusives than PS4 and they are nearly all Japanese. In a recent interview Jim Ryan, CEO of Playstation, highlighted that they are investing a lot into Japanese third party relations, specifically with Square Enix, Capcom and Tecmo Koei. This lines up with the Nioh director (team Ninja) saying they have a PS5 game in the works, most likely exclusive like Nioh.

This is in addition to PS's incredibly strong 1st party lineup in the first year:

Sackboy
Demons Souls
Spiderman: MM
Ratchet and Clank
Returnal
Gran Turismo 7
Horizon: Forbidden West
God of War: Ragnorak

Around the Network

Update to the list: there are rumours Sony has a FROM SOFTWARE exclusive.

So far:

SE: FF7R, FF16, Project Athia, Babylon

Capcom : ??

Bethesda: Deathloop, Ghostwire Tokyo

Konami: Silent Hill

Cygames: Re Fantasy, Project Awakening

Tecmo: Team Ninja game

9 Japanese games vs 1 Western gameIf it wasn't obvious. PS5 is going to have a lot of JP exclusives/timed exclusives

Conina said:

And on PC and Xbox the Yakuza series is prospering, ain't it?
Or why are more and more Yakuza games on these platforms.

SteamSpy's estimate for Yakuza 0 is over half a million units:

The audience ain't that different on Playstation, Xbox and PC... so multiplatform makes sense in most cases.

MS gone to sega and send a buckload of money, else how would you explain that not only Yakuza launched on Xbox but got put almost immediatly in GP plus have 5 months exclusivity on gen9 for Xbox for Yakuza 7?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I find it funny how some of the same people are here critizing some practice that at the end has usually a very small impact on players and often for a shirt period of time but are in other posts defending Microsoft for buying such a big actor like Bethesda and keeping exclusives on their platform.

Honestly, moneyhatting 3rd party exclusives is a very scummy thing to do. I don't understand how people can celebrate that as a good thing. I guess, because it's Sony doing it,then it's ok. But it sucks for most of the players and makes me less inclined in buying a console or a game.

jardesonbarbosa said:
Honestly, moneyhatting 3rd party exclusives is a very scummy thing to do. I don't understand how people can celebrate that as a good thing. I guess, because it's Sony doing it,then it's ok. But it sucks for most of the players and makes me less inclined in buying a console or a game.

But buying 15 studios in a 1-2 year period, with a group of them being from a very big publisher that made multiplats is something to celebrate and not scummy at all?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."