By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last of Us Part II - Review Thread (MC: 93 / OC: 93)

Tagged games:

kazuyamishima said:

The whole “cyberpunk 2077 will win Goty 2020” Thing reminds Me of all of those enthusiastic fans of RDR2 back in 2018 when all were saying that game would win goty 2018 no matter what.

In the case of TLOU part II ,the game was “divisive” only on those gamers who didn’t liked some decisions on the story or the ones that wanted to play the game but got brainwashed by those who didn’t like it.

As for the critics the game only received 8 “average” scores according to MC but also became the PS game with most 10/10 scores, YEAH even surpassing the mighty GOW (a masterpiece).

It amused me that every day, gamers are finding new details in the game.

Just look at the level of details after the explosions when somebody put 300 mine Bombs in one area:

https://youtu.be/DrC8Co16yiw

The bias and fallacies in this post undermine any point you're trying to make.

1. RDR2 did win plenty of GOTY awards even if GoW won more. Presently we can't say if it'll be a similar situation with TLoU:II vs Cyberpunk 2077 because the latter has yet to release so it's only speculation at this point until fans & critics have their say, the only fact is that TLoU:II is divisive amongst fans despite being critically acclaimed.

2. TLoU:II is divisive for a plethora of issues people had with it, claiming that the only issue people had with the game is the story or that they were simply brainwashed is insulting.

3. It is not the PS game with the most 10/10 scores, it has 66 perfect scores on OpenCritic and God of War has 73. 

It's fine if you love the game and think it deserves to win GOTY but there's no need to undermine people who don't agree with you and to fabricate claims in order to ratify your preference.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
KLAMarine said:
Spoiler!
I hear you on the survivor guilt but I'm still confused by Ellie getting mad at Joel after he sticks up for her in the bar against "bigot sandwiches". What the hell was that?..

These characters were great in TLoU1 but now these characters have been ruined in the sequel.

Serious question, did you play the game?

There is no way you are asking that question if you played the game.

Watched InternetHistorian play it. Great fun!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RzFvEe7a30

BraLoD said:
KLAMarine said:

Watched InternetHistorian play it. Great fun!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RzFvEe7a30

Yea, it was clear you did not touch the game to ask a basic question about the story that is presented into a cutscene.

Maybe when you stop trying to not like the game you might actually start looking at it with your own eyes.

B-but the sex scene, right?

Target the argument, not the arguer.

Imagine hating on a game months before AND after launch.. despite not even playing it.

Move on, jees xD

Funny how there are haters that have gone on to love the game. It's amazing what a change of perspective can do, or getting a better understanding of what "tlou" theme represents. I went through 2 walkthroughs of tlou2 and then played through the first. The so called flaws people bring about the sequel, I nitpicked and found more in the first game. The sequel exceeds in every way, with the soundtrack being at even.

Around the Network

90 for me.

I find its funny how people hate this game but i understand if they already play and still hate the game. if not? 

Let`s celebrate the thread reaching 1000 posts.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

KratosLives said:

Well they were out of touch when death stranding didn't win game of year. That's because they were scared of the backlash due to people crying " walking simulator".  If they don't care about some backlash, tlou2 would easily win it, and almost every category it fits into to. 

DonFerrari said:
Let`s celebrate the thread reaching 1000 posts.

These points illustrate why I think The Last of Us Part II deserves to win Game of the Year awards and would in a more just world than we likely have. Whether you loved this game or hated it, the fact is that it's the most discussed game of 2020. It currently has more than 72,000 favorable user reviews on Metacritic -- the most of any game in history by far -- and also 62,000 negative user reviews on MC -- also the most of any game so far in history by far. Switch over to the user reviews for any other major game released this year, be it Ghost of Tsushima, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, the Final Fantasy VII remake, or even Paper Mario: The Origami King, or try and talk about Cyberpunk 2077 on the internet and you'll find yourself pointed to comparisons to The Last of Us Part II. Is the game selling better than The Last of Us Part II? Is its average user score higher than that of The Last of Us Part II? Are there philosophical design similarities to The Last of Us Part II? People care, passionately! Every game now exists relative to this one. How many other games' review prediction threads have wound up getting over 1,000 posts here?

POINT: Whether you loved it or hated it (and if the user scores are to believed, you probably did love it or hate it; not many people had mixed feelings), you can't dispute that it's the most impactful game of the year; the one people care about the most one way or the other. That's a real argument for Game of the Year status in its own right, I think, because its a real measure of this game's unique cultural power.

Last edited by Jaicee - on 25 August 2020

BraLoD said:
KratosLives said:
Funny how there are haters that have gone on to love the game. It's amazing what a change of perspective can do, or getting a better understanding of what "tlou" theme represents. I went through 2 walkthroughs of tlou2 and then played through the first. The so called flaws people bring about the sequel, I nitpicked and found more in the first game. The sequel exceeds in every way, with the soundtrack being at even.

I still think the original is the better game, even as the sequel is better in every way, and I love it being so dark and depressing too.

One thing is for certain too, TLoU2 is by far the most self aware emotionally powerful game ever, I genuinely didn't think a game could do what that game did to me.

I actually found the first game darker. It showcased things not seen before in a game and was shocking. Witnessing innocent people get slaughtered, cannibalism , suicide, near rape, .. The sequel I was able to understand because of past actions of certain characters and events and those of self defense. I initially thought the first was better till I replayed it after the second.  Sequel had more encounters, better gameplay. Joel and Ellie's moments I thought were better in the sequel. Ellie was the driving force in the first game, she made the conversations and brought interest, but it was small talk. The flashback segments in the sequel was better than any moment in the first game in my opinion.  Also sequel had a better ending. I was felt confused after the first game, due to Joel's actions, and the way It ended. I always did love tlou, and it's greatest is when played on grounded. But I always thought of uncharted 2 as naughtydogs best game and greatest success. Not sure if uncharted 4 topped it, but possibly tlou2.

Have any of y'all tried Grounded?

Much different than Survival?