By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - [RUMOR] Final Fantasy 16 battle to be Action RPG like Dragon Dogma or Devil Maycry 5 ?

Tagged games:

I can't wait for this game to come out in 2025 and for me to be able to finally okay it in 2030 when it comes out in the Nintendo Switch 3, which had 4k portable screen, can do 8k on the big screen, has no drift issues, battery lasts for a week of constant gameplay (plus by then it has an efficient solar panel that helps charge it), is made of vibranium, and is powered by Nvidia GTX 1580ti.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Yep, there's always a chance. Just seems it's an incredibly slim one at this point.

Which is especially disappointing considering I used to consider FF an absolute must buy franchise. Even took a week off work when FF13 came out so I'd have plenty of time to play it. That went well

I'm sure it did, FF13 is a fine game.

As fine as one of the worst JRPGs I have ever played, which I guess is still better than other bad games.

I think the rumor said something FF15 and Souls being the inspiration behind FF16 battle system..so everything is lining up so far.

So basically a step up from FFXV and yet a step down from FFVII7R.
I never give much credit to these rumours either way, the end product is probably gonna be a hybrid between "X" and "Y" style/mechanics.
I'd be more concerned with their world building tbh.

Isn‘t it a bit too early to speculate about features of games that will be released in 2028?

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Farsala said:

As fine as one of the worst JRPGs I have ever played, which I guess is still better than other bad games.

It's still better than X and much better than VIII, it's pretty average for the series, which is fine.

Nah, it is rock bottom for all JRPGs. X and VIII are peak FF. FFX-2, XII, XIV, and even XV were better than FFXIII.

I really should've known when I so boldly proclaimed that FFXVI cannot possibly be worse than FFXV. Leave it to modern FF directors to prove me wrong yet again.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

FFXIII is complete garbage. So are the sequels.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

vivster said:
I really should've known when I so boldly proclaimed that FFXVI cannot possibly be worse than FFXV. Leave it to modern FF directors to prove me wrong yet again.

Nomura is not on the new team so we might get good story instead of a lot of belts.

DMCV is not an RPG tho...

I would be down for Dragon's Dogma style combat however.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261