By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - [RUMOR] Final Fantasy 16 battle to be Action RPG like Dragon Dogma or Devil Maycry 5 ?

Tagged games:

Ka-pi96 said:
Xxain said:

You have correctly came to conclusion sales has nothing to do with Square Enix's lack of turn based RPG's. If sales is not the reason ... what is the logical reason?

Tetsuya Nomura hates turn based RPGs. And in recent years when it comes to FF it has seemed like what he says goes.

Nooo, It was a company choice. When Advent Children came out ... it became the new vision for what a Final Fantasy game should be. Final Fantasy 13's battle system was designed to emulate Advent Children, then we had Dissidia ... and Final Fantasy VS 13/XV and now We have CAPCOM guy here to increase the action parts of SE's battle system.

were getting clooooser.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:

Plus, anybody who thinks the sales of FF15 "prove" that people don't want an ATB FF, must also think FF13 was a good game. Ya know, because it sold as many copies as it did.

And I say that as somebody who doesn't think FF13 was even that bad. I'd place it above both 12 & 15 at least.

Things is, if FF13 didn't have the Final Fantasy name attached, it wouldn't have sold as many obviously but also may have been treated differently by the fanbase. I generally think FF13 is the worst in the series (of the ones I've played) but it's still better than most other games and a lot of JRPGs. It's a bad FF game but not a bad game.

I mean, even FF12, which I adore, still isn't as FF as I feel it could be but then it was made by the Ivalice team.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Plus, anybody who thinks the sales of FF15 "prove" that people don't want an ATB FF, must also think FF13 was a good game. Ya know, because it sold as many copies as it did.

And I say that as somebody who doesn't think FF13 was even that bad. I'd place it above both 12 & 15 at least.

Things is, if FF13 didn't have the Final Fantasy name attached, it wouldn't have sold as many obviously but also may have been treated differently by the fanbase. I generally think FF13 is the worst in the series (of the ones I've played) but it's still better than most other games and a lot of JRPGs. It's a bad FF game but not a bad game.

I mean, even FF12, which I adore, still isn't as FF as I feel it could be but then it was made by the Ivalice team.

I would say I liked FFXIII (even 2) much more than FFXV.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

The Fury said:
Ka-pi96 said:

I would like them making a new Vagrant Story.