By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Greatest Videogame Love Stories?

Tagged games:

What's your favorite romance from a videogame? Who are your favorite couple?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network

Senua and Dillion in Hellblade. (SPOILERS)

Spoiler!

As I can attest from personal experience, having a mental illness adds a whole new level of difficulty to finding love and maintaining a relationship. Senua finds in Dillion someone who accepts her and loves her for who she is, trauma and all. This is a truly rare and special thing.

But she feels that her illness is hurting him, (another very relateable problem) and so pushes him away and leaves to try and confront her demons alone. When she returns, he is dead, and his death pushes her to a psychotic break which manifests as the events of the game.

What begins as a quest to save his soul from hell ultimately becomes something far more poignant; Senua must come to terms with his death, let him go, and resolve to move on with her life.

Most love stories tell of the genesis of a relationship; Hellblade instead portrays the pain of love cut short, and how we cope with loss.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 30 May 2020

Timpani and Blumiere from Super Paper Mario is a really great one.

Give us Gravity Rush 3 Sony

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Zidane and Garnet - Final Fantasy IX

Last edited by PAOerfulone - on 30 May 2020

Around the Network

LMAO Sonic and Final Fantasy lady. Couldn't agree more.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Goro Majima and Makoto.

Spoiler!
He loves her. It's his one real weakness but in order to protect her. He can never be with her. She must never know who he is.

~Edit~
Added spoiler tags.

Last edited by Hiku - on 30 May 2020

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

ARamdomGamer said:

Timpani and Blumiere from Super Paper Mario is a really great one.

Glad somebody said it!

Skyward Sword Zelda and Link were cute too.

Shulk and 7 - Xenoblade Chronicles

Spoiler!

Edited to avoid potential spoiler... probably unnecessary but since the definitive version just came out, better safe than sorry- JWeincom

Last edited by JWeinCom - on 30 May 2020

Zidane and Garnet (Final Fantasy IX) is my favorite. Dat ending.