By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition Reviews: 89 Metacritic, and 89 Opencritic

Opencritic

Metacritic

Some Reviews

Trailer

Last edited by Shikamo - on 27 May 2020

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

Looks like it is up to Xenoblade DE to break the bad string of disappointing remakes/remasters/reboots/re-imaginings.

Super hyped to play this again in all its new shiny glory.

OTBWY said:

Looks like it is up to Xenoblade DE to break the bad string of disappointing remakes/remasters/reboots/re-imaginings.

What are the disappointing games you're referring to?

V-r0cK said:
OTBWY said:

What are the disappointing games you're referring to?

Wonderful 101, Mafia 2 etc.

Expected this to score higher, but great nonetheless. Will be nice to finally play a game on release day this year.

Around the Network

I love classic FF (1-12), will I like this? I've been meaning to get it for ages, but I can never bring myself to do it due to the cost.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Ok, now I'm buying

Runa216 said:
I love classic FF (1-12), will I like this? I've been meaning to get it for ages, but I can never bring myself to do it due to the cost.

If you liked FFXII, you’ll probably enjoy Xenoblade Chronicles.

In many aspects, it’s arguably a much better game. This coming from someone who considers FFXII a fantastic game.

Last edited by Hynad - on 30 May 2020

RolStoppable said:
Too many reviewers showing their anti-Nintendo bias again.

Hmm, I always thought overall critics were pro-Nintendo though? Nintendo 1st party AAA games usually get high scores

RolStoppable said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

Hmm, I always thought overall critics were pro-Nintendo though? Nintendo 1st party AAA games usually get high scores

You aren't pro-something when you acknowledge that something great is great.

Well, I wouldn't call last Pokemon game good (even calling it average is too much leniency), and it still having a 80 score based on... nothing

IMO, all critics are like partners of big studios rather than their critics, not only Nintendo

Most of reviews can't give really low scores to bad games even if they want, which game distributor will give them a copy if a channel keep destroying their games with low scores? A game is not the same as a movie or a music album where you can watch or listen when it came out and make a review in less than one day even after the official release. A game need some time to play, test and get deeper into the system, which would make reviews a bit long time to be written. Nobody wants this, neither the reviewers (who wants clicks and readers) neither the publishers (who want buyers hyped by the scores)

So...yeah, I think critics are really pro-Nintendo in the end