By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Outer Worlds on Switch supports gyro aiming

Confirmed in an interview with the developer Obsidian by GoNintendo.

https://gonintendo.com/stories/361860-gonintendo-feature-we-chat-with-obsidian-about-the-outer-worlds

Personally, I love that this feature has become more or less standard for shooters on Switch, for those who prefer it. When done right, I feel motion controls can add so much to the gameplay experience.

The Outer Worlds launches on Nintendo Switch on the 5th of June.

Around the Network

Every game for every console should allow gyro aiming. I haven't played a shooter with "traditional" gamepad controls since TLOU. I'm sitting here, hyped for TLOU 2, but I know I'm gonna be tempted on at least one occasion to switch to easy-mode cause I can't aim worth a damn with twin-sticks.

I love gyro aiming in my shooters. Should be standard on all consoles TBH.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

I was already gonna buy it, but this is the cherry on top for me. Even more excited for it now.

Shiken said:

Agreed; if Playstation and Xbox actively supported motion controls I might have a reason to actually buy their hardware.

Nice to have the option. Sounds like this should be a quality port *fingers crossed*.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Around the Network

Certainly not for me.
Hopefully there is an option to turn that off entirely.

More control options are definitely not a bad thing though, it's when they remove other options that it becomes a sticking point.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

curl-6 said:

I was already gonna buy it, but this is the cherry on top for me. Even more excited for it now.

Shiken said:

Agreed; if Playstation and Xbox actively supported motion controls I might have a reason to actually buy their hardware.

Well the Xbox Hardware doesn't at all which is shame, on Playstation its a matter of Sony setting the standard and so far they have included it in any of their flagship titles despite ample opportunity.

Nice to hear. Another reason to buy it.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

It's always great to see this feature supported.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Good to have the option to play it that way. I always disable gyro aiming, but I know many people who prefer it, so kudos for including more options

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!