By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Outer Worlds on Switch supports gyro aiming

Good to have the option to play it that way. I always disable gyro aiming, but I know many people who prefer it, so kudos for including more options

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network
Pemalite said:

Certainly not for me.
Hopefully there is an option to turn that off entirely.

More control options are definitely not a bad thing though, it's when they remove other options that it becomes a sticking point.

I have never seen a Switch game that does not allow you to take it off, so you should be safe.  You are right though, this option is not for everyone.  I love it, but understand why others might prefer more traditional controls.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Pemalite said:

Certainly not for me.

More control options are definitely not a bad thing though, it's when they remove other options that it becomes a sticking point.

As Shiken says, I can't think of any Switch games were gyro aiming is compulsory, and it's usually disabled by default in third party games.

Otter said:
curl-6 said:

I was already gonna buy it, but this is the cherry on top for me. Even more excited for it now.

Agreed; if Playstation and Xbox actively supported motion controls I might have a reason to actually buy their hardware.

Well the Xbox Hardware doesn't at all which is shame, on Playstation its a matter of Sony setting the standard and so far they have included it in any of their flagship titles despite ample opportunity.

Yeah it's such a shame the dualshock 4 is perfectly capable of gyro aiming yet Sony and third parties don't utilize it. As others have already said here, more options is always better.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:
Pemalite said:

Certainly not for me.

As Shiken says, I can't think of any Switch games were gyro aiming is compulsory, and it's usually disabled by default in third party games.

Otter said:

Well the Xbox Hardware doesn't at all which is shame, on Playstation its a matter of Sony setting the standard and so far they have included it in any of their flagship titles despite ample opportunity.

Yeah it's such a shame the dualshock 4 is perfectly capable of gyro aiming yet Sony and third parties don't utilize it. As others have already said here, more options is always better.

I only own about 20-30 games on Switch and haven't come across one that mandates it's use.

But, there can always be an exception to the rule... And developers might mandate it's requirement in the future.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
curl-6 said:

I only own about 20-30 games on Switch and haven't come across one that mandates it's use.

But, there can always be an exception to the rule... And developers might mandate it's requirement in the future.

Considering how many people don't prefer it, and the fact devs seem well aware of this, I wouldn't worry too much about that. Even Nintendo, who are famous for making you play games their way or the highway, allow you to turn it off in games like Splatoon 2 and BOTW.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Pemalite said:

Considering how many people don't prefer it, and the fact devs seem well aware of this, I wouldn't worry too much about that. Even Nintendo, who are famous for making you play games their way or the highway, allow you to turn it off in games like Splatoon 2 and BOTW.

Yeah and aiming suddenly became so tedious in BOTW when I disabled it, ugh ...

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Mar1217 said:
curl-6 said:

Yeah and aiming suddenly became so tedious in BOTW when I disabled it, ugh ...

Yeah I much prefer it on as well, it just feels so much better than sticks alone.

I was the opposite. Loved the sticks alone in BOTW on both Switch and WiiU.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Good.

Been recently playing several Resident Evil games on Switch and the gyro aiming makes a world of difference. The pointer controls in RE4 Wii edition are still better, but these games go from almost unplayable with dual-stick controls to great fun with gyro controls.

h2ohno said:
Good.

Been recently playing several Resident Evil games on Switch and the gyro aiming makes a world of difference. The pointer controls in RE4 Wii edition are still better, but these games go from almost unplayable with dual-stick controls to great fun with gyro controls.

Yeah my #1 wishlist item for Switch 2 is the return of pointer aiming, but in its absence, gyro is the next best thing.