By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How many of you were owning both wii and ds? If you had only one of the two, what was the reason for that?

How many of you were owning both wii and ds?

Both 54 72.97%

WIi 13 17.57%

DS 7 9.46%

Total:74

Subject says it all!

Let's see the overlapping of wii and ds, at least in VGC community. 

I'm going to project the percentages to the total sales of each one.

Last edited by tak13 - on 24 May 2020

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
Neither?

hahahahahahh

Ooops, still the reason of the poll is to see the sales overlap between wii and ds, so ''neither'' option is superfluous!                                                                  And who the @@@@ from here, wasn't owning at least one of the two?   :P

I owned a Wii but my Sister owned a DS so does that count? I was more of a PSP guy loll...

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I only had the DS, reasons:

- I wanted to play Pokemon
- My parents were divorced, so I needed something portable that could be played in both homes
- I already had a pretty old PS2, so whats to point having a Wii?

mZuzek said:

Neither?

Edit: I own both a Wii U and 3DS, though. I guess that almost counts?

I guess too! DS has outsold wii, almost to the the extent that 3ds has done it with wii u... What an irony? The range of 100m+ (of the former case) doesn't make you to think of that.

Hence, you meant that ''neither'', it wasn't a complaint for an omission.

Well, did you exploit the backwards compatabillity?

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:
I owned a Wii but my Sister owned a DS so does that count? I was more of a PSP guy loll...

Then, vote wii! hehe

I can imagine why...;) The word starts with ''w'' and ends with ''u''...

Have both.

mZuzek said:
tak13 said:

Well, did you exploit the backwards compatabillity?

To some extent, yeah. Played the DS Pokémon and Zelda games, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Skyward Sword. For all I care, those are what matters most.

What about Super Mario galaxy 1&2?

The only Wii game I played was Skyward Sword and the only DS games I played were Phantom Hourglass, Chrono Trigger, and Spirit Tracks.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

I only owned a Wii for some reason... I honestly don't know why I didn't get a DS... Probably because I only had money for 1. DS was the only handheld I missed. But luckily I still got to play the games when I got my 3DS.

1doesnotsimply