By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - VGChartz Gap Charts April 2020 Discussion Thread

curl-6 said:
trunkswd said:

I'd rather they announce games further out. Not years and years, but I'd like to know what the big games for this holiday season are. Though, other than Halo Infinite, we don't really know the big games from Sony or Microsoft for this holiday season either. 

Yeah, personally I think games should be announced when they are 6-18 months off. Anything less than 6 leaves their future schedule looking too empty, any more than 18 is painful to wait for. (Granted I realize the pandemic makes it hard to date things far off atm)

Exactly my thoughts on when to announce a game. Think about how long fans waited for Final Fantasy VII Remake or Kingdom Hearts 3. I guess Square Enix is the worst when it comes to announcing games too early. 

The pandemic has thrown off the development of all games. But I wouldn't mind Nintendo announcing a game and just giving a holiday 2020 release window or early 2021. They don't need to give an exact release date. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network
trunkswd said:
curl-6 said:

Yeah, personally I think games should be announced when they are 6-18 months off. Anything less than 6 leaves their future schedule looking too empty, any more than 18 is painful to wait for. (Granted I realize the pandemic makes it hard to date things far off atm)

Exactly my thoughts on when to announce a game. Think about how long fans waited for Final Fantasy VII Remake or Kingdom Hearts 3. I guess Square Enix is the worst when it comes to announcing games too early. 

The pandemic has thrown off the development of all games. But I wouldn't mind Nintendo announcing a game and just giving a holiday 2020 release window or early 2021. They don't need to give an exact release date. 

Same. I also wish they'd just fucking show us stuff that's been announced for literal years but kept in the dark for no good reason like Bayonetta 3, it's infuriating the way some games are handled. Don't fucking announce shit if it's years away and you're not gonna show anything in the interim.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:
trunkswd said:

Same. I also wish they'd just fucking show us stuff that's been announced for literal years but kept in the dark for no good reason like Bayonetta 3, it's infuriating the way some games are handled. Don't fucking announce shit if it's years away and you're not gonna show anything in the interim.

I totally forgot about Metroid Prime 4 and even Breath of the Wild 2 (or whatever it will be called). I wonder if we will get a new trailer for BotW2 or some actual new MP4 information this year. I don't expect either of them to launch until 2021. Rumors point to 3D Mario remakes / collection and Mario 3D World Deluxe as the bigger games this holiday. I'm all for those games, but feel like they need a NEW big game for this holiday on top of those. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

trunkswd said:
curl-6 said:

I totally forgot about Metroid Prime 4 and even Breath of the Wild 2 (or whatever it will be called). I wonder if we will get a new trailer for BotW2 or some actual new MP4 information this year. I don't expect either of them to launch until 2021. Rumors point to 3D Mario remakes / collection and Mario 3D World Deluxe as the bigger games this holiday. I'm all for those games, but feel like they need a NEW big game for this holiday on top of those. 

I would give my right hand for a trailer of BOTW2, Bayonetta 3, or Prime 4, yet I feel like it'll be 2021 and we still won't have seen jack shit of any of them, and that fucking sucks.

And yeah, I'll be very disappointed if the rest of their 2020 lineup beyond Paper Mario is just reheated old games.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:
trunkswd said:

I would give my right hand for a trailer of BOTW2, Bayonetta 3, or Prime 4, yet I feel like it'll be 2021 and we still won't have seen jack shit of any of them, and that fucking sucks.

And yeah, I'll be very disappointed if the rest of their 2020 lineup beyond Paper Mario is just reheated old games.

I love Mario 64 and Mario Galaxy. Mario 64 was THE reason I bought an N64 and it is one of my top games of all time. I'd be all for a full blown remake of it using the Mario Odyssey engine.

Maybe Nintendo will surprise us and show one or more of BotW 2, MP4 and Bayonetta 3.

Around the Network
trunkswd said:
curl-6 said:

I love Mario 64 and Mario Galaxy. Mario 64 was THE reason I bought an N64 and it is one of my top games of all time. I'd be all for a full blown remake of it using the Mario Odyssey engine.

Maybe Nintendo will surprise us and show one or more of BotW 2, MP4 and Bayonetta 3.

God I hope so, I'm not exaggerating when I say a good gameplay trailer for any one of those three would make my year almost in itself.

curl-6 said:
trunkswd said:

God I hope so, I'm not exaggerating when I say a good gameplay trailer for any one of those three would make my year almost in itself.

I hate to say it, but better not to expect to see anything from those games until 2021 and be pleasantly surprised, than to be disappointed. 

trunkswd said:
curl-6 said:

I hate to say it, but better not to expect to see anything from those games until 2021 and be pleasantly surprised, than to be disappointed. 

I'm not expecting to see them this year. I just think it's a garbage way to treat your fans, to announce a game they really want then starve them for literally years without so much as a trailer.

curl-6 said:
trunkswd said:

I'm not expecting to see them this year. I just think it's a garbage way to treat your fans, to announce a game they really want then starve them for literally years without so much as a trailer.

It is what it is. It is possible these games are taking longer than Nintendo originally planned. 

trunkswd said:
curl-6 said:

It is what it is. It is possible these games are taking longer than Nintendo originally planned. 

I get that, but after 2.5 years there is no way Bayonetta 3 isn't ready to be shown, especially as Platinum claim it is going smoothly.