By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Next gen PS5/XB1SX sales ratio will look the same as this gen's. Huge changes in console marketshare require huge changes in the industry.

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
jason1637 said:
MS probably wont outsell Sony but I can see them getting a larger percentage of the market next gen than they did this gen.

I think it will be opposite.

Just saying

What makes you think Sony will grow their marketshare?



Around the Network

Xbox one “lost” to PS4 mainly due to being $100 more expensive and not delivering quality games. That’s all.

Never seen such a disaster launch like the PS3, $200 more, arrogant Sony, trouble to program and lackluster games until after 3 years of launch, still, they managed to sell almost 90 million units. ALL because they delivered the games from 2009-2013.

You can buy a lot of studios but is what you make with then what actually counts.

Any remarkable game from RARE on the X360/Xbone era??



jason1637 said:
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

I think it will be opposite.

Just saying

What makes you think Sony will grow their marketshare?

With the exception of gamepass,  PS5 will be better than the XBOX in most respects.

By the way, the game pass started in 2017, but it seems to have had little impact on hardware sales. Scorpio was the same.

Last edited by Oneeee-Chan!!! - on 12 May 2020

My prediction in 2021.

SW: 30m

PS5 16m

XBS: 7.5m

Captain_Yuri said:
While I do think Sony is going to win and have no interest in getting the next xbox myself. I do think MS is making some pretty notable changes going into their next gen.

They will have the value win with the Xbox Series S (assuming it exists)
The performance win with the Xbox Series X
They will have marketing that comes with being the performance king
Their work into Gamepass has put it in a pretty great position as a killer service
They have purchased some pretty great studios so we will see how their games go

So I wouldn't count them out just yet. Don't forget the major issues that the 360 had with RROD and it's Kinect fetish by the end while the Ps3's end was very fap worthy. Also the 360 had paid online and Ps3 had free online.

The only studio they acquired of note that wasn't already making first party games is Obsidian, they've done nothing to change their exclusive content.



The only way for Xbox to regain market share is to have a killer 1st party lineup. Blaming the X1's bad performance on Kinect or bad PR is wishful thinking.



If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

I think it will be opposite.

Just saying

What makes you think Sony will grow their marketshare?

One more thing, Sony will sell thire exclusive games to the PC.
Halo MCC has been a huge success on Steam.
The same thing should happen to Sony.



My prediction in 2021.

SW: 30m

PS5 16m

XBS: 7.5m

The PS3 beat the 360 due to games and free online. The PS4 beat the XB1 due to games. So until I see some decent games from the PS5, we will just have to wait and see.



vivster said:
The only way for Xbox to regain market share is to have a killer 1st party lineup. Blaming the X1's bad performance on Kinect or bad PR is wishful thinking.

I'd argue that to be true now.

Not so in 2013. Kinect increased the cost by $100 and also allocated R&D costs away from the console itself, resulting in less powerful hardware at a higher cost.

Resolutiongate lasted years.

The DRM PR was a disaster also at this time. That "game sharing" video Sony showed was a joke, an effective one. Was the snowball started, it just gathered momentum.

MS have a chance to correct those mistakes. If anyone is expecting the XSex to outsell PS5 though, slim to no chance whatsoever.



Farsala said:
The PS3 beat the 360 due to games and free online. The PS4 beat the XB1 due to games. So until I see some decent games from the PS5, we will just have to wait and see.

The PS3 didn't beat the 360. It was a virtual dead heat and I'm fairly certain MS made more with it than Sony made with the PS3. 



newwil7l said:
Farsala said:
The PS3 beat the 360 due to games and free online. The PS4 beat the XB1 due to games. So until I see some decent games from the PS5, we will just have to wait and see.

The PS3 didn't beat the 360. It was a virtual dead heat and I'm fairly certain MS made more with it than Sony made with the PS3. 

The OP is talking about HW. I am talking about HW. The PS3 outsold the 360.