By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Next gen PS5/XB1SX sales ratio will look the same as this gen's. Huge changes in console marketshare require huge changes in the industry.

derpysquirtle64 said:
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

I'm interested in the rumor.

Runa216 said:

There is no 'rumour'. That's not what a rumour is. a rumour is unverified information, not a prediction based on literally no data. something internal like 'Sony doesn't have much planned for the first year' is not a 'rumour', it's a combination of hearsay and prediction. There's absolutely no way to know if the PS5's first year will be good or not until it comes out, and it's not like Sony 'plans' on having a shitty exclusive lineup. 

by no means is what Derpysquirtle saying by any means a 'rumour', it's just him taking shit out of context and twisting it to be something it's not. IT's a prediction, not a rumour. There's no 'hard data' being leaked or shared, just conjecture that, what they've heard indicates to whoever started this 'rumour' that Microsoft's exclusives sound better or there are more. 

But again, even if the Xbox has a better first year, the reality is that Sony has always had its best years in mid-late gen, so it's too early to assert anything until I'd say at least 2025 or something. 

just empty wishes and biased expectations. 

No, it's not a prediction when it comes from a game journalist who has been working in the industry for at least 15 years (probably more than that) and 100% has some sources in the industry. It's called a rumour. Do you also dismiss something that Jason Schreier comes up with as a "prediction" when it does not suit your agenda? If you want a source, here it goes, if you can understand Russian, you can hear it around the end of the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hvCYLbERP8

It's also not the first time he mentions it in his videos, but I can't find the other one. I think I need to correct myself here a bit because the term "exclusive launch lineup" I used is a bit not correct. I think he means Sony's own first party studios not having that much at launch compared to MS owns. They can still moneyhat third parties like they always do and as you can see it's already happening with game like Godfall and Quantum Error.

If you need a proof of credibility of the source, here is the video dated 4 Dec 2019 where he claims that Horizon Zero Dawn is coming to PC:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8msXoUTndg

And here is the Kotaku article with Jason Schreier bringing this up dated 16 Jan 2020, 1.5 months later:

https://kotaku.com/sources-horizon-zero-dawn-is-coming-to-pc-1841043569

Is that The Russian youtuber the first person to report that Horizon is coming to the PC?

Or are you just talking about Jason Schleier?

Around the Network
eva01beserk said:
Pok87 said:

There are several reasons:

- more and better exclusive games
- Gamepass
- similar console price at the start (Xbox One was 100$ more expensive than PS4)
- Xbox will no longer be a weaker console
- better marketing

Ps5 will still sell better, but the difference will not be so colossal.

Gamepass is not a bad offer. But also indicates that they are uneilling to offer quality games. If they do it will be like one a year and a bunch of Indy games or it just would not be worth it.

Okay, serious question here: do you guys really keep paying for a subscription service even if you are not satisfied with the content you are receiving?

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
Pok87 said:

There are several reasons:

- more and better exclusive games
- Gamepass
- similar console price at the start (Xbox One was 100$ more expensive than PS4)
- Xbox will no longer be a weaker console
- better marketing

Ps5 will still sell better, but the difference will not be so colossal.

The same goes for Sony.

-bigger budget for first party than the beginning of this gen.

-PS NOW(greatley improved)

-more cheap product cost 

-Performance advantage outside of  the Tflops(This is very ivery mportant.)

-better marketing

-backward compatibility feature (that was not on the PS4 gen.)

-more bigger install base in current gen.(Owners are likely to choose the PS5.)

-Entering the PC market (They will get a big profit.)

The leap from PS4 to PS5 will be bigger than the improvement from XBOX ONE to Series X.

The current generation of MS started very unfortunately (weaker console and at the same time more expensive, and all the confusion with only digital distribution), and for the next few years it was not much better (Fable was not created, and Halo 5 did not live up to expectations). Only for about 3 years MS began to embrace the topic again, which slightly improved the sales of consoles and financial results. In fact, all these preparations will culminate at the start of the new console and from the beginning was just such an idea.

Currently PS Now has probably 1 million users and Gamepass has 10 million. So for now MS is doing a much better job in this regard.

Sony will continue to have an advantage, and exclusive games will be more impressive than those on Xbox, which is why sales of PS5 will be better. But I'm of the opinion that MS will take a bigger step forward in this generation.

Pok87 said:
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

The same goes for Sony.

-bigger budget for first party than the beginning of this gen.

-PS NOW(greatley improved)

-more cheap product cost 

-Performance advantage outside of  the Tflops(This is very ivery mportant.)

-better marketing

-backward compatibility feature (that was not on the PS4 gen.)

-more bigger install base in current gen.(Owners are likely to choose the PS5.)

-Entering the PC market (They will get a big profit.)

The leap from PS4 to PS5 will be bigger than the improvement from XBOX ONE to Series X.

The current generation of MS started very unfortunately (weaker console and at the same time more expensive, and all the confusion with only digital distribution), and for the next few years it was not much better (Fable was not created, and Halo 5 did not live up to expectations). Only for about 3 years MS began to embrace the topic again, which slightly improved the sales of consoles and financial results. In fact, all these preparations will culminate at the start of the new console and from the beginning was just such an idea.

Currently PS Now has probably 1 million users and Gamepass has 10 million. So for now MS is doing a much better job in this regard.

Sony will continue to have an advantage, and exclusive games will be more impressive than those on Xbox, which is why sales of PS5 will be better. But I'm of the opinion that MS will take a bigger step forward in this generation.

PS NOW and game pass have different service prices, so it's hard to decide which is better just by the number of users.
It's the game pass that's consumer-friendly, but MS hasn't disclosed how much it's making.
That said, no one cares about the loss of MS, so if you just look at the service, everyone will applaud the game pass. That's great.

Last edited by Oneeee-Chan!!! - on 17 May 2020

chakkra said:
eva01beserk said:

Gamepass is not a bad offer. But also indicates that they are uneilling to offer quality games. If they do it will be like one a year and a bunch of Indy games or it just would not be worth it.

Okay, serious question here: do you guys really keep paying for a subscription service even if you are not satisfied with the content you are receiving?

Im pretty sure most gamers would not pay for something thats ovbiously a disapointment. But fallout 76 still has many players and pay that fallout 1rst, so Im not sure what to think anymore.

But what makes you think thouse 10m subs are paying for GP? The have giving this service for free since inception and offer $1 deals for  who know how many times. Have you noticed how they convoluted their finncial report so now you cant determine anything? Yea, something tells me they are not profiting from gamepass yet.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
eva01beserk said:
chakkra said:

Im pretty sure most gamers would not pay for something thats ovbiously a disapointment. But fallout 76 still has many players and pay that fallout 1rst, so Im not sure what to think anymore.

But what makes you think thouse 10m subs are paying for GP? The have giving this service for free since inception and offer $1 deals for  who know how many times. Have you noticed how they convoluted their finncial report so now you cant determine anything? Yea, something tells me they are not profiting from gamepass yet.

Okay, let me see if I understand this; so MS gave those subscriptions for free..  And now their plan to convince those people to keep paying is to keep putting out non-quality games...

Do you really not see a flow in that logic?

chakkra said:
eva01beserk said:

If the price is small you would be surprised on how many people keep paying. They enjoy it for a couple months them forget to cancel and keep paying. Not saying it the case of GP that seems a good service, but it happens.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
chakkra said:

If the price is small you would be surprised on how many people keep paying. They enjoy it for a couple months them forget to cancel and keep paying. Not saying it the case of GP that seems a good service, but it happens.

Once those special deals are up, you can't use them anymore. That's what happened with me, but I'm happily paying for the service because the value alone is easily worth it. 

chakkra said:
eva01beserk said:

Okay, let me see if I understand this; so MS gave those subscriptions for free..  And now their plan to convince those people to keep paying is to keep putting out non-quality games...

You can pretend I said what ever you want but I like they way your going. It dosent make sense does it?

Now with what I said, of thouse 10m "users", How many are currently subed, or reocurring subs or temp subs that only do it while theres a  special offer or the month a big release come out? Nobody knows right. As far as we know that could be 10m individuals who used gamepass at some point. The current subs could be lower. How is split between paid, free or discount is unknown and MS is never gona tell us.

And yea, gamepass is a good offer. If you have an xbox you should definnetly jump on that. Even lower quality games that they offer is still  bargain. And the few AAA they add is also really good and if they do increase the amount of games added would be even better. Just saying that with that model off buisness they need a really high number of subs to offset the cost. and that cost gets bigger the more AAA games they add. So they can make the service great now at a loss to gain subs or wait untill theres more subs to make it better. dont know. Dont know the cost or profit. they are not telling. Just saying where it a succes they would be more clear and stop trying to hide numbers. but the value of gamepass is top notch.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

chakkra said:
eva01beserk said:

good luck getting a real answer, I've asked numerous times because it's a very common argument people here make against GamePass. Hell earlier in the thread the same person you're replying to said:

"But also indicates that they are uneilling to offer quality games. If they do it will be like one a year and a bunch of Indy games or it just would not be worth it."

So they're gonna sell a service that gives one quality game a year and a bunch of indies? Isn't this already called Games with Gold or PS+? lol