By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 and 2 Remaster announced for PS4, Xbox One & Epic Game Store, EDIT : Local Multiplayer, Faithful to original, ex Neversoft employee work in this project

Tagged games:

What do you think

Yes 11 61.11%

No 7 38.89%

Total:18

I would buy this on the Switch. I just can't see myself sitting down and playing this for a long session, but I could definitely see myself playing around a bit on a train ride. Maybe a Switch version will come a little later like with their other remakes.

Around the Network

Collectors edition were uploaded at amazon and went unavailable within minutes.

Another missed opportunity to release on Switch at the same time as the other consoles.
I don't think it would've been too late in the project planning for the Switch to be considered, unless they say otherwise.

I don't know if trying to release a Switch version 6 months to a year later after the initial release will continue to work. Sure, it worked for Crash and Spyro, but who knows, outside of nostalgia and core skateboarding fans, if this will be attractive as a late port on Switch.
It's too bad. THPS 2 on the N64 was one of my favorite games of all-time. Would be awesome to play on the Switch.

Not sure if I can go back without certain features introduced in later games. I'd need a good "create a skater", too. THPS HD really let me down.

Will probably be better than all recent ones.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

That's a remake

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

These games got quite a bit of play on me and my friends N64's. We were all learning to skate as well. Only one of us actually ended up any good, and they were also the best at the game just by chance, lol. This is going to get some play on our PS4's no doubt. All these great remasters and remakes showing up on PS4 is kinda taking away from the next gen hype a bit for me. Present gen seems to be proving to have a bright future yet after this holiday.

kazuyamishima said:

Must be some pretty hungry collectors. Cost for the regular game here (NZ) is $80, and the collector's edition is $200!!

For anyone worried about price, I'm guessing it's $40 in the US. Not bad for two remasters/remakes, especially if you add in nostalgic value.

Kai_Mao said:

Another missed opportunity to release on Switch at the same time as the other consoles.
I don't think it would've been too late in the project planning for the Switch to be considered, unless they say otherwise.

I don't know if trying to release a Switch version 6 months to a year later after the initial release will continue to work. Sure, it worked for Crash and Spyro, but who knows, outside of nostalgia and core skateboarding fans, if this will be attractive as a late port on Switch.
It's too bad. THPS 2 on the N64 was one of my favorite games of all-time. Would be awesome to play on the Switch.

Ultimately we have to acknowledge that a Switch version on launch day really requires commitment I.e outsourcing to an externals studio. For Sure Switch's sales at the moment can convince developers to do this but if they wish to do things in house for, a Switch version day one means all versions are being delayed to make that happen.

Shaunodon said:
kazuyamishima said:

Must be some pretty hungry collectors. Cost for the regular game here (NZ) is $80, and the collector's edition is $200!!

For anyone worried about price, I'm guessing it's $40 in the US. Not bad for two remasters/remakes, especially if you add in nostalgic value.

I paid $50 as deposit of a total of aud$169.99 at Eb Games Australia. The fact that this collectors edition contains a limited edition birdhouse full deck maked irresistible for myself. 

Damm exchange in NZ is even worst than here