By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 18-19, 2020 (Apr 27 - May 10)

Tagged games:

Ring Fit Adventure has surpassed 1M in Japan despite all the shortages, the game sold 150k units through Nintendo's official store in Japan.
Still wondering how high it could have been, without all the problems in terms of supply. If there is supply the rest of the year - I won't be surprised if it easily surpasses 2M by the end of 2020.

Around the Network
noshten said:
Ring Fit Adventure has surpassed 1M in Japan despite all the shortages, the game sold 150k units through Nintendo's official store in Japan.
Still wondering how high it could have been, without all the problems in terms of supply. If there is supply the rest of the year - I won't be surprised if it easily surpasses 2M by the end of 2020.

Stock has been so limited that it could easily be a huge holiday title this year even though it'll be over a year old.  If Nintendo is serious about advertising heavily to casuals in 2020, then Ring Fit Adventure, Animal Crossing and Mario Kart should be spearheading that campaign.

Pokemon's legs are worse than anticipated.
Overall sales are fantastic but I was expecting better legs. Maybe the expansion will help.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

JWeinCom said:
PAOerfulone said:
Ring Fit is really about to pass the Final Fantasy VII Remake.

Oh, how the mighty have fallen...

Yeesh.  FFVII is doing well.  Almost certainly going to surpass FFXV and very likely to be the best selling game in the series since a decade ago.  Ring Fit's well deserved success takes nothing away from that.  

that just goes to show how far FF has fallen in japan.

PAOerfulone said:
Ring Fit is really about to pass the Final Fantasy VII Remake.

Oh, how the mighty have fallen...

The game might do 3mil there. It’s already over 1mil sold 

Around the Network

It's the biggest new IP since Splatoon in Japan... its also a continuation and evolution of the Wii Sports/Fit spirit.

Overall Final Fantasy has moved away from what made the IP popular in Japan, its still globally one of the top IP SE has. But it's not surprising to me that Ring Fit Adventure is going to outsell it substantially in Japan. After all Final Fantasy frenchise hasn't sold over 2M in Japan in ages. 
Let's not forget that Wii Fit and Wii Sports were games that sold over 2M, so the performance of Ring Fit Adventure is only surprising when viewed from the prism of its short marketing cycle and Nintendo not being able to find success with Labo.

Wii Sports launched at 176.880 & ended up with 3.724.565 sales
Wii Fit launched at 254.009 & ended up with 3.561.787 sales
Wii Fit Plus launched at 318.755 & ended up with 2.417.762 sales

Ring Fit Adventure could very well end up as high as Wii Sports and Wii Fit if a successor isn't launched in the next three years. 

FF 7 originally sold around 4m in Japan.  FF 10 sold around 3m, and FF13 sold around 2m.  I do think FF7 Remake can outsell FF13 and it may have already done it.  Problem is that I doubt S-E will ever give us a Japan only total that includes digital.  At best we'll get a worldwide total when the game hits some significant milestone.

TheBraveGallade said:
JWeinCom said:

Yeesh.  FFVII is doing well.  Almost certainly going to surpass FFXV and very likely to be the best selling game in the series since a decade ago.  Ring Fit's well deserved success takes nothing away from that.  

that just goes to show how far FF has fallen in japan.

It's doing fine but why would you use another game's success to put down another one?

FF7R has already sold more than 1million copies in Japan if you include its digital sales which are most likely almost 300k or over 300k by now, so it already surpassed FFXV's lifetime sales in Japan in less than 2 months and that's good.

Ring Fit is also doing really well. And that's also good. That's that.