By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - "So bad it's good/funny" movies?

The gold standard for me its of course Tommy Wiseau's The Room (2003)
I have a similar sentiment to other films like Face Off, Kiss of the Vampire, WickerMan (2006) and yeah a lot of other Nicholas Cage films cause damn.
The Happening and Samurai Cop deserve a mention.

Around the Network

I'm going to have to list Tremors also. The first movie was okay and cult classic. It had crappy acting and special effects weren't the greatest but it wasn't completely terrible. Now the sequels. Oh my God. The Tremors sequels...

I also want to include the first scene of the first Mad Max. The movie is decent afterwards but man that scene with night rider or whatever "villain" called himself. I guess he might of had CB radio and was talking to the cops like never catch night rider or maybe he was just yelling to himself and his girl. That is one of the most cringe worthy scene I have experienced in my entire life. Let's just say I'm glad the night rider crashed his piece of shit car and killed himself and his girl because he was annoying as fuck. They tried to portray him as some badass criminal but he was really just a screaming idiot.

Going to put The Warriors on the list also.  Did you see the stupid gangs.  Lol. What gang dresses up as a baseball team to go out on the town.  Where are all these stupid gangs coming from?

Last edited by sethnintendo - on 03 May 2020

There are many, but currently the ones I remember are Killer Klowns from Outer Space, Vampire's kiss and Brain damage.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Darashiva said:
Street Fighter: The Movie (Raul Julia is just the best)
Dungeons & Dragons (So is Jeremy Irons)

Shadow1980 said:
The Police Academy films
Weekend at Bernie's
Howard the Duck
A lot of 80s comedies in general
Any of Pauly Shore's early-to-mid 90s vehicles (e.g., BioDome, Son-in-Law)
Probably most old 80s-90s horror films

A lot of the movies I watched as a kid were, in retrospect, cheesy as all get out, but I still think they're fun nonetheless.

Weekend at Bernie's and Police Academy 1 aren't bad movies.

Perhaps we should draw the line of contestants at an IMDB score below 5.0

Here is another really bad movie I still adore: Sunshine Reggae on Ibiza (IMDB 3.4)

Trailer NSFW!

View on YouTube

Around the Network
Nighthawk117 said:
JWeinCom said:

I think you misread the title of this thread.  It's "So bad it's good/funny" movies not greatest movies ever made.

No, I didn't. That is a movie that I've only seen once - and when I watched it, I said to myself: this is so bad, but it's also funny.

I feel like "it's so bad it's good" is reserved for movies like The Room where the people involved were making a serious attempt to make a good movie.  Kung Pow on the other hand was designed to be incredibly stupid humor.  It is literally pieced together from old crappy kung fu movies the voices are intentionally misdubbed, etc.  It's supposed to make you laugh about how stupid and cheap it is, and it succeeds.  That's the joke.  You're laughing because they did exactly what they set out to do.

Last edited by JWeinCom - on 03 May 2020

JWeinCom said:
Nighthawk117 said:

No, I didn't. That is a movie that I've only seen once - and when I watched it, I said to myself: this is so bad, but it's also funny.

I feel like "it's so bad it's good" is reserved for movies like The Room where the people involved were making a serious attempt to make a good movie.  Kung Pow on the other hand was designed to be incredibly stupid humor.  It is literally pieced together from old crappy kung fu movies the voices are intentionally misdubbed, etc.  It's supposed to make you laugh about how stupid and cheap it is, and it succeeds.  That's the joke.  You're laughing because they did exactly what they set out to do.

Ok, I see your point. The makers of Kung Pow deliberately made a farce of a movie, it was never serious.

Thus, my new admission to this thread is: 10 Cloverfield Lane.  The makers tried to make a serious movie and they failed.  That movie was laughably bad...especially the ending.

Samurai Cop definitely falls into that category never actually seen it myself but watched a review and summary of it.

Darashiva said:
Street Fighter: The Movie (Raul Julia is just the best)
Dungeons & Dragons (So is Jeremy Irons)

I've never seen the movie start to finish, but I did catch one scene that stuck with me because of the awesomeness of it's dialogue and the perfection of Raul Julia's delivery:

Chun-Li: My father saved his village at the cost of his own life. You had him shot as you ran away. A hero at a thousand paces.

M. Bison: I'm sorry. I don't remember any of it.

Chun-Li: You don't remember?!

Bison: For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.

The Star Wars Holiday Special but it sometimes crosses back over to just bad, really bad.

Signature goes here!