Forums - Movies Discussion - "So bad it's good/funny" movies?

JWeinCom said:
Nighthawk117 said:

No, I didn't. That is a movie that I've only seen once - and when I watched it, I said to myself: this is so bad, but it's also funny.

I feel like "it's so bad it's good" is reserved for movies like The Room where the people involved were making a serious attempt to make a good movie.  Kung Pow on the other hand was designed to be incredibly stupid humor.  It is literally pieced together from old crappy kung fu movies the voices are intentionally misdubbed, etc.  It's supposed to make you laugh about how stupid and cheap it is, and it succeeds.  That's the joke.  You're laughing because they did exactly what they set out to do.

Ok, I see your point. The makers of Kung Pow deliberately made a farce of a movie, it was never serious.

Thus, my new admission to this thread is: 10 Cloverfield Lane.  The makers tried to make a serious movie and they failed.  That movie was laughably bad...especially the ending.

Around the Network

Samurai Cop definitely falls into that category never actually seen it myself but watched a review and summary of it.

It's funny cause it's bad and both funny. Tucker and dale vs Evil.

China Numba wan!!

Darashiva said:
Street Fighter: The Movie (Raul Julia is just the best)
Dungeons & Dragons (So is Jeremy Irons)

I've never seen the movie start to finish, but I did catch one scene that stuck with me because of the awesomeness of it's dialogue and the perfection of Raul Julia's delivery:

Chun-Li: My father saved his village at the cost of his own life. You had him shot as you ran away. A hero at a thousand paces.

M. Bison: I'm sorry. I don't remember any of it.

Chun-Li: You don't remember?!

Bison: For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.

The Star Wars Holiday Special but it sometimes crosses back over to just bad, really bad.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

Cabin in the Woods

I love that movie.

That movie sucked donkey dick.

Kidnap starring Halle Berry. I don't even know where to start.
From the terrible acting to the non existent budget to the terrible story.

There's times she's on the freeway with absolutely no other cars. Times she can see an explosion from miles away but when she gets there it's just a vehicle with steam coming from the engine. A wtf fakeout at the end.

And the worst part; my wife loves it.

mZuzek loves Starfox Adventures