By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rank Nintendo's systems by third party library

How would you rank the ones you own/have owned, and why?

Around the Network

This list should be somewhat obvious, shouldnt it?(for home consoles consoles, at least)

1. Super Nintendo
2. NES
3. Switch
4. Wii
5. Gamecube
6. 64
7. Wii U

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

This thread could use a poll. 

1. Super Nintendo Entertainment System. 

An entire universe of separation, and as hyperbolic as that may sound, I do mean it. 
So I was just watching Ozark, never gave that series a chance before, and I gotta say its pretty entertaining. So let me take this huge  space as a chance to plug in a recommendation: If you are curious about it, its good, watch a couple of episodes, its gonna hook you. 

2. Nintendo Switch
3. Nintendo Entertainment System
4. The rest. 

As to why. I'll edit later.

SNES

Had the most support at a time when third party games were overall very strong.

NES

The King of the industry but quality wasn't what it would become the next gen.

GameCube

Big step down in quantity but still had a lot of the heavy hitters and often the definitive versions of them.

Switch

Respectable support but with a lot of obvious gaps, plus the quality of ports is less consistent than the ones listed above.

N64

A big step down in quantity but had some real standouts that were pretty remarkable in retrospect especially.

Wii

A much bigger quantity than N64 but the quality is all over the place and again, lots and lots of holes in the lineup with heavy hitters absent.

Wii U

Do I even need to explain this?

Last edited by Nuvendil - on 26 April 2020

Jpcc86 said:

Too many different potential orders.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Jpcc86 said:

Too many different potential orders.

I meant it only for the first choice. But yes, you are right. 

Nautilus said:
This list should be somewhat obvious, shouldnt it?(for home consoles consoles, at least)

1. Super Nintendo
2. NES
3. Switch
4. Wii
5. Gamecube
6. 64
7. Wii U

This is a pretty good list.  Though your 3-5 could probably fall in about any order in those positions and I'd have trouble finding a problem with it.  

Only Switch had 3rd party support. In DS and 3DS I survived from 1st/2nd party games

If this was a ranking of the top 25, SNES would be deserving of the first 19 spots.

Interesting. Nintendo DS is the clear victor here in terms of "mass support". Op did not say just home consoles.