By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 16, 2020 (Apr 13 - Apr 19)

src said:
JWeinCom said:

Dunno why you think I fantasize about FF7 not selling as well as Uncharted 4 or GOW.  I actually like this game a lot better than those, and I assure you my fantasies are much grander than a game that I actually like not selling as well as other games.  I have no personal stake in this, but the facts are what they are.

I said fantasy because the data you pull is completely made up.

I use data from official channels, the publishers themselves, whereas you don't, hence you jump to inaccurate conclusions.

You claimed SP, GoW don't have legs. From Sony's own data thats completely wrong.

O_o... Speaking of completely made up things, can you show me where I said Spider-man and GoW don't have legs?

Around the Network
The_Liquid_Laser said:

An action RPG is a type of RPG.  If you defeat monsters and that makes your character more powerful, then it's an RPG, even if its through equipment.

It's not even an action RPG tbh otherwise Devil May Cry is an RPG, RPG as a genre are games that are built around character personal growth system where you customize their attributes directly or their attributes change via automatic growth. Action RPG would be Astral Chain where you personalize attributes through growth for example Legion growth is funded by energy that the enemies leave behind acting as experience points another example are blood echoes in Bloodborne or souls in Dark Souls, growth is when a character develops their attributes change and stay regardless of equipment.

In MH you don't change your character's attributes an example of what I mean is late in the game if you remove all armour you take the same amount of damage as you did at the start of the game as your character is not really growing, games can have slight RPG elements but not really be RPGs.

AC=brain training all over again blue ocean 350m switches sold EZ

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Wyrdness said:
src said:

Someone has already told you how wrong you are but it bears repeating:

FF7 had a record breaking 96% sellthrough. SO yes it has serious stock issues.

FFXV with digital sold 1.15 million in Japan after years.

FF7 with digital sold 1 million+ in less than 1 week. 70k last week with digital would already put it above FFXV.

FFXV shipped 6 million in two months globally.

FF7R is going to smash that milestone.

No one has told me anything that's a figment of your imagination I didn't even mention sell through, 1m plus 70k is 1.07m while XV is 1.15m ahead by 80k do you have digital figures for week 2.

That 1.07m for FF7r is its sales in 2 weeks but without the digital sales from the second week. So safe to say it WILL surpass ff15 in no time even if you don't count digital sales from 2nd week onwards.

It's already been said that MH is not called an RPG in Japan for a long time, nor was it sold as an RPG.
It is treated as an action game with equipment. From a Japanese point of view, RPGs tend not to be made if the main purpose of the game is not to make the character stronger by gaining experience. Zelda is a good example.

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:
src said:

I said fantasy because the data you pull is completely made up.

I use data from official channels, the publishers themselves, whereas you don't, hence you jump to inaccurate conclusions.

You claimed SP, GoW don't have legs. From Sony's own data thats completely wrong.

O_o... Speaking of completely made up things, can you show me where I said Spider-man and GoW don't have legs?

As in, they only got there due to bundles.

For the third time:

the data you pull is completely made up.

You continue to be unable to address this.

src said:
JWeinCom said:

As in, they only got there due to bundles.

For the third time:

the data you pull is completely made up.

You continue to be unable to address this.

I didn't say they didn't have good legs, I said they had better sales because they were bundled.  Don't put words in my mouth.  Which is common sense, unless you think that the games essentially being given away did not help their sales.  Unless 100% of the people who bought the bundle would have bought the game anyway, then bundling helps a game's sales.

Are you trying to make the argument that bundling a game does not increases its sales figuresO_o?  Do you think Wii Sports would have sold 80 million copies with no bundling?

Last edited by JWeinCom - on 24 April 2020

Oh look, he once again cannot address this:

"the data you pull is completely made up.
I use data from official channels, the publishers themselves, whereas you don't, hence you jump to inaccurate conclusions."

src said:

I use data from official channels, the publishers themselves, whereas you don't, hence you jump to inaccurate conclusions."

What data are you referring to that I pulled up?  When I asked you that, you referred to a comment that I never made about God of War and Spiderman having poor legs.  

Bring up the data you object to and I'll respond to it.  Then you can explain to me why you think bundling doesn't impact sales.

JWeinCom said:
src said:

What data are you referring to that I pulled up?  When I asked you that, you referred to a comment that I never made about God of War and Spiderman having poor legs.  

Bring up the data you object to and I'll respond to it.  Then you can explain to me why you think bundling doesn't impact sales.

ANy data thats not from the publishers themselves or reputable industry trackers used by said publishers (NPD, GFK, Media Create/Famitsu).