By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Maker 2 – World Maker Update

Tagged games:

Unbelievable.  After 325+ hours and 24 courses created, I had finally put Super Mario Maker 2 aside for a while to concentrate on my backlog...

Massive game changer.

Around the Network

Oh my god! This is insane. And coming out on my birthday too! Thanks Nintendo for the birthday present!

This game so deserves to be a 20 million seller. The Link update got me to finally get the game over the holidays. Now this update dear god. I can't believe these updates are free and not paid DLC!
Mario Maker 2 is basically Nintendo's love letter to fans. Amazing game, amazing free updates, create entire Mario games. Just nuts.

Oh, so now I can buy a Mario Maker and spendcountless hours playing fan-made Mario games never buying a overpriced 2D Mario again

Seems a great deal

I'm excited to jump back into this game now. Kinda wished it would be there from the beginning but oh well, better late than never.

A fantastic update. But Nintendo really should've had this at launch, or at the very least by Holiday 2020. Super Mario Maker 2 has sold very well, but it could've lit the world on fire.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Around the Network

This is extremely hype.

I love the Bullet Bill block as well.

Dammit, now I want to get into this game. I bought it at launch and thought it was splendid, but without that world-woven interconnectedness I didn't really see a point. Personally, my favourite Mario games (World, 3, RPG) are the ones with hidden pathways, alternate exits, and unique world building. I never cared much for the individual levels, it was how they interacted with one another that mattered to me.

This is a step in the right direction, but until I can recreate Super Mario World from the ground up (not the same game, just the same kinda layout and features) it won't ever be fully the same. Not complaining, I'm still interested, but it's not the same.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

This is insane. There really is no reason for Nintendo to make a new 2d Mario at this point, they have made mario maker 2 capable of handling infinite new 2d Mario games

HyrulianScrolls said:
This is insane. There really is no reason for Nintendo to make a new 2d Mario at this point, they have made mario maker 2 capable of handling infinite new 2d Mario games

Eh... the sales of NSMBU seem to indicate there is still a market for it.  It can be a bit tricky finding good levels.  And besides the tool suite will always be more limited than what Nintendo could do, because if Nintendo gets an idea they like, they can always just create a new element on the spot. 

HyrulianScrolls said:

I'd say there's about 15 to 20 million reasons why Nintendo will still make a new 2D Mario.

Doesn't matter how incredible Mario Maker 2 is, it's barely ahead in sales of a full price Wii U port of a somewhat spent series. A brand new fresh 2D Mario game would easily outsell Mario Maker 2. I totally think Mario Maker should be a 20 million seller especially the Link update and this World update, but it's not gonna be. Which means Nintendo has every reason to make a new 2D Mario game that might sell as much as Mario Maker 2 and NSMBU:D combined.