By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Maker 2 – World Maker Update

Tagged games:

With the Zelda stuff thrown in I can easily see a 2D Zelda platformer thrown in now !

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network

I really have to go back to this game. This and the Zelda update open up so much possibilities.

Signature goes here!

Unbelievable.  After 325+ hours and 24 courses created, I had finally put Super Mario Maker 2 aside for a while to concentrate on my backlog...

Massive game changer.

Oh my god! This is insane. And coming out on my birthday too! Thanks Nintendo for the birthday present!

This game so deserves to be a 20 million seller. The Link update got me to finally get the game over the holidays. Now this update dear god. I can't believe these updates are free and not paid DLC!
Mario Maker 2 is basically Nintendo's love letter to fans. Amazing game, amazing free updates, create entire Mario games. Just nuts.

Oh, so now I can buy a Mario Maker and spendcountless hours playing fan-made Mario games never buying a overpriced 2D Mario again

Seems a great deal

Around the Network

I'm excited to jump back into this game now. Kinda wished it would be there from the beginning but oh well, better late than never.

A fantastic update. But Nintendo really should've had this at launch, or at the very least by Holiday 2020. Super Mario Maker 2 has sold very well, but it could've lit the world on fire.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 144 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million)

PS5: 105 million Xbox Series S/X: 60 million

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

SKMBlake said:
Dreams: "You can create any game you want"
Super Mario Maker 2: "Hold my beer"

I mean... pretty sure this is the wrong way around, but sure, lol :P Either way it's definitely a nice update for the game, I really enjoyed the first game on 3DS but haven't gotten round to buying this yet, maybe I'll make some super impossible worlds that even I can't finish! :P 

This is extremely hype.

I love the Bullet Bill block as well.

Dammit, now I want to get into this game. I bought it at launch and thought it was splendid, but without that world-woven interconnectedness I didn't really see a point. Personally, my favourite Mario games (World, 3, RPG) are the ones with hidden pathways, alternate exits, and unique world building. I never cared much for the individual levels, it was how they interacted with one another that mattered to me.

This is a step in the right direction, but until I can recreate Super Mario World from the ground up (not the same game, just the same kinda layout and features) it won't ever be fully the same. Not complaining, I'm still interested, but it's not the same.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Top 6 this generation: 
Bloodborne, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, God of War, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Dark Souls III, Red Dead Redemption II, Rock Band 4