By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Kim Jong Un May Be Dying

Doesn't take more than one source to know a fat leader that doesn't exercise and smokes might be in bad physical shape.

Around the Network
loy310 said:
I am glad that on this planet dictators tend to have very short life expectancy

Fidel Castro, Augusto Pinochet, and Robert Mugabe all made it to 90. Khomeini died at 86, outliving the shah by quite a long time (though the shah was hardly a beacon of freedom and justice). Every Chinese paramount leader so far has lived to at least 80 save for Hu Jintao and XI Jinping, who are both still alive. Jiang Zemin is also still alive at the age of 93.

China Sends Doctors to North Korea as Rumors on Kim Jong Un's Health Swirl -

Hong Kong Satellite Television reported that Kim was dead, though there has been no confirmation from U.S. sources at this point.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/china-sends-doctors-to-north-korea-as-rumors-on-kim-jong-uns-health-swirl/ar-BB13aiqb?li=BBnb7Kz

Whoa! Wonder what's doing him in?

TMZ is saying he's dead.
https://www.tmz.com/2020/04/25/north-korea-dictator-kim-jong-un-dead-dies-heart-surgery-reports/0

Around the Network

I saw article saying Japan believe he is vegetative state which is ironic since he probably never ate any vegetables in his life.

NightlyPoe said:
I'd like to say that his death might be a hopeful thing, but that sister of his seems like the real hard-liner of the family, and less likely to politely drop dead.

It might not be as clear-cut as that. Apparently, he was confident enough in his living a long and fruitful life that he never actually bothered to designate an official successor should anything happen to him. North Korea is technically still a republic rather than a monarchy, it's just been ruled by the same family for 70+ years because Kim Il-Sung and Kim Jong-Il were actually smart enough to have their line of succession sorted out.

I miss good ol' Breznev times, when commie leaders just caught colds, then, eventually and suddenly, *poof!*, dead, and everyone wondering what happened, while kremlinologists gloated even more self-pleased than usually and puffing their pipes they patronizingly explained just the things they thought puny mortals could ever hope to understand.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

John2290 said:
He's dead, right? Or is Twitter jumping the gun?

Probably jumping the gun not depending on the matter at all. That said, I haven't seen any credible reports of his death so far, so he's probably not dead (but could be).

Just thinking out loud, all call it daydreaming...But, what if he's dead and there's a large internal power struggle over his successor, and China gets involved...and they, by some act of miracle, allow South Korea to absorb the North and reunify the country. Wouldn't that be a huge gift to the world? Again, I know I'm dreaming, but it would be nice if it could possibly happen.