By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - [RUMOR] PS5 potential price are to be expected around 499 to 549 according to game developer and Sony will have limited PS5 supply on it's launch date, PS4 pro and PS4 price cut are imminent

Hynad said:
sales2099 said:

Derailing topics to satisfy your own high horse tendencies. You continued to derail a topic to satisfy a false sense of moral superiority (because it’s just video games) when I asked to take the convo private. You aren’t much different it seems. 

There is nothing wrong with taking industry news and rumours and seeing how a particular console fares in relation to its competition. Because nobody ever brings up PS in a Xbox discussion......

There is nothing wrong in pointing out you’re doing it all to stir shit and keep the "console war" mwntality alive and kicking.

He doesn't deny it.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
Hynad said:
sales2099 said:

Derailing topics to satisfy your own high horse tendencies. You continued to derail a topic to satisfy a false sense of moral superiority (because it’s just video games) when I asked to take the convo private. You aren’t much different it seems. 

There is nothing wrong with taking industry news and rumours and seeing how a particular console fares in relation to its competition. Because nobody ever brings up PS in a Xbox discussion......

There is nothing wrong in pointing out you’re doing it all to stir shit and keep the "console war" mwntality alive and kicking.

I like discussing, debating, and arguing video games. It’s video games, all low stakes discussion that don’t matter in the grand scheme. Rivalry is a common practice in all its forms... you aren’t fighting me so much as the human condition. If you don’t like rivalries, maybe going on a site about brands and their marketshare relative to one another isn’t the place for you.

Long story short, I do me and you do you. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

victor83fernandes said:
Xxain said:
Who cares about price. More rumors that SONY is not on top of it and I question the quality of the console that we will spending 500 bucks on

Console is low quality, confirmed.

1 - They are not too keen to show the design, obviously it will disappoint

2 - Controller still looks cheap, look at those joysticks, like a Chinese PC controller

3 - Sony always cheapens out, look at the pro against the X, pro has bad cooling, poor battery life, flimsy body not strong like the X, lower specs, no 4K BluRay 

4 - Sony hasn't mentioned cooling when they presented the specs, this means they are not proud of it when they spent half hour talking about 3d audio, its going to be yet again a noisy playstation against a quiet xbox

5 - I am always right, just like when I said its impossible for the ps5 controller to have a screen on it, due to price, and Ill be right again when I said the console can't be small like some people expect it to be as small as a ps4 slim, that's ridiculous, the heating would destroy the console quick.

1. That's a fallacy- Because they haven't shown it yet, there must be something wrong with it.

2. You're entitled to your opinion, looking cheap and being cheap are two different things though.

3. The PS3? The Pro was $100 cheaper than the X.

4. Again this is a fallacy.

5. You're jumping to conclusions, arguing from ignorance, and stating what is simply your own conjecture as facts.

I'd suggest readjusting your logic, nobody is always right.

Dallinor said:
victor83fernandes said:

2 - Controller still looks cheap, look at those joysticks, like a Chinese PC controller

3 - Sony always cheapens out, look at the pro against the X, pro has bad cooling, poor battery life, flimsy body not strong like the X, lower specs, no 4K BluRay 

4 - Sony hasn't mentioned cooling when they presented the specs, this means they are not proud of it when they spent half hour talking about 3d audio, its going to be yet again a noisy playstation against a quiet xbox

5 - I am always right, just like when I said its impossible for the ps5 controller to have a screen on it, due to price, and Ill be right again when I said the console can't be small like some people expect it to be as small as a ps4 slim, that's ridiculous, the heating would destroy the console quick.

1. That's a fallacy- Because they haven't shown it yet, there must be something wrong with it.

2. You're entitled to your opinion, looking cheap and being cheap are two different things though.

3. The PS3? The Pro was $100 cheaper than the X.

4. Again this is a fallacy.

5. You're jumping to conclusions, arguing from ignorance, and stating what is simply your own conjecture as facts.

I'd suggest readjusting your logic, nobody is always right.

There's many ways to look at how all of this could have gone down so far, and from either side it's harder to understand the 'opposition'.

Take this for example.

Why did MS overemphasize the locked clocks when that is typical for consoles, even before the PS5 GDC event? Maybe it was coincidence, and maybe MS had some info on PS5 variable clocks already and used it to position themselves in a manner that would work to their advantage.

If this were to be true, then what else did MS know? The controller design? The console design? Some are saying the XBSX tower is original, but only to unreleased consoles. It's been the newest hottest thing for PC's, so what are the odds that SNY might have been planning the same type of design as well?

If that were the case, and the PS5 and XBSX were both going to look alike, wouldn't it be smart to get it out early, market yourselves as being ahead of the curve, as well as bold and confident? That way later on, PS can be the ones to deal with the 'you copied the competition' attacks? Better yet, perhaps force SNY to change the design of one or both? Remember what the memes did to XB1? Remember the changes MS made to XB1 last minute and asap after launch? SNY has made it clear they wanted to sit back and wait, so MS might as well use that to their advantage however they can.

Something that should give SNY some reasonable credibility, is that based on the individuals saying they reacted to the MS announcement, if that truly is the case, maybe, maybe not, then why didn't they wait if they knew they were in such big trouble? Why didn't they choose not to make the footage available to everyone? Look how long they already waited. It's not like a little longer would have changed much. This implies SNY either didn't react to anything, or they did, and are confident in whatever they have coming.

Could either be possible? Sure. Are there other possible scenario's? Plenty, that work for or against both sides.

If PS5 is going to have limited supply, which also makes me assume the same will be true for XBSX and Lockhart if it hits the market, then depending on how long those shortages are going to last, I can see SNY just saying screw it and launching at $499 with XBSX.

SNY is going to run out of PS5's consistently, even at $499 and if the lock down's continue for a while. If unit shortages are going to be the norm for them for maybe 6 months time, they might as well charge $500 per until holiday 2021. If you can't make money on volume, you make it up per unit in this case.

I do think this would give up some early sales to MS, but if SNY can't keep shelves stocked with PS5's, then there isn't much they can do anyway, other than keep people busy on current gen, or sell them even cheaper last gen consoles after next gen launch.

I'd guess if PS4 and Pro price drops are incoming, that they will happen at the same time as the XB digital E3 events. That's how PS likes to roll.

Around the Network
EricHiggin said:
If PS5 is going to have limited supply, which also makes me assume the same will be true for XBSX and Lockhart if it hits the market, then depending on how long those shortages are going to last, I can see SNY just saying screw it and launching at $499 with XBSX.

SNY is going to run out of PS5's consistently, even at $499 and if the lock down's continue for a while. If unit shortages are going to be the norm for them for maybe 6 months time, they might as well charge $500 per until holiday 2021. If you can't make money on volume, you make it up per unit in this case.

I do think this would give up some early sales to MS, but if SNY can't keep shelves stocked with PS5's, then there isn't much they can do anyway, other than keep people busy on current gen, or sell them even cheaper last gen consoles after next gen launch.

I'd guess if PS4 and Pro price drops are incoming, that they will happen at the same time as the XB digital E3 events. That's how PS likes to roll.

Yep, company will do projections of price versus sales to find the optimum point (also considering direct, indirect and replacement product competition). If they have to reduce supply they can as well increase price to keep that balance. And that could even give them some buffer money to cut deep without loses one year later.

Don't really think that will happen, but yes price point isn't something really simple to determine or direct consequence of just one or two points.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:
EricHiggin said:

Yep, company will do projections of price versus sales to find the optimum point (also considering direct, indirect and replacement product competition). If they have to reduce supply they can as well increase price to keep that balance. And that could even give them some buffer money to cut deep without loses one year later.

Don't really think that will happen, but yes price point isn't something really simple to determine or direct consequence of just one or two points.

Ya that was on my mind as well. Drop to $399 holiday 2021 if need be and if possible. Also do a little something for the $499 early adopters so nobodies too upset over the price difference. Not sure what exactly but something worthy most can make use of or a few options.

Maybe $499 won't end up much of a problem by then. Who knows. We'll see.

EricHiggin said:
DonFerrari said:

Ya that was on my mind as well. Drop to $399 holiday 2021 if need be and if possible. Also do a little something for the $499 early adopters so nobodies too upset over the price difference. Not sure what exactly but something worthy most can make use of or a few options.

Maybe $499 won't end up much of a problem by then. Who knows. We'll see.

They could bundle like 2 PS4 gens (Like Spider-Man and GoW) with a major patch to take advantage of PS5 HW. Or if they want to go crazy put TLOU2 and people will really think about it.

KratosLives said:
victor83fernandes said:

And xbox has a terrible lineup of exclusives, while sony keep releasing exclusives till the very end. And my ps4 runs super quiet by the way, those that complain of nosie issues have bad ventilation, or should do what i did, clean the damm heat sink and it becomes super quiet.  Yp useem to concerned about build quality. But it's always the first console releases that have the more premium build, before they start cutting costs for later models. 

1 - I never talked about software and games, Sony wins in that department, hence why I still have my Pro, not to mention VR which is sony's biggest trump.

2 - Which xbox one X lineup games is terrible? Care to explain? Where can I find reviews for Forza 8 and Halo Infinite?

3 - Your ps4 runs quiet? You must have a slim which means you really don't care about games, if you did you'd have upgraded to the pro years ago, slim runs games at 1080p or lesser resolutions, and its still not as quiet as the X

4 - I have no bad ventilation, my consoles always out in the open, you must be lying or just can't accept the truth, there's plenty evidence on youtube and google

5 - Clean the heatsink? I've never had to clean my X since launch, still completely quiet, even playing at 4K 60fps games, which takes 4x more power than the ps4 slim requires

6 - You clearly do not know build quality, get a nacon pro revolution unlimited controller  and compare it to the ps4 DualShock then you'll begin to understand build quality

method114 said:
sales2099 said:

don’t you want Sony to make a truly unique design for PS5?

I honestly couldn't understand why anyone would care about this at all. Who cares what your console looks like? All that matters is does it have games. 

Looks matter a lot, if the console is not black, it won't go well with my setup (speakers, other devices etc), not to mention I don't want it to look like a kids toy, xbox looks great, like something serious.

Don't even get me started with ps4 design, the front light is not consistent along the whole body which looks weird if you have the console horizontally.

Other part of the design is the cooling, xbox has great design for cooling with the exist of air on top.

Controller design is also important, the ps5 controller looks nowhere near as good as my pro nacon revolution unlimited, not even as good as xbox series X which looks more pro and more stealth, more manly.

Talking games, good thing you mention it because xbox series X will have games from 4 generations (many already enhanced to 4K), ps5 will have games from 2 generations.