By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-Order Chart

Someone switched out KonoSuba for Hyrule Warriors at the very last moment here

Around the Network

Worse debut in history lol

Well at least MonHun has half a year until its release. I was expecting Replicant to make the chart since it has been at #1 on Amazon JP pretty much since it was able to be pre-ordered yesterday.

Marth said:
Megiddo said:

Well at least MonHun has half a year until its release. I was expecting Replicant to make the chart since it has been at #1 on Amazon JP pretty much since it was able to be pre-ordered yesterday.

Yeah it beats previous days record holder for Switch by 12 days (FF Chrystal Chronicles at 170 days and 5 pts)

Still that is a puny opening for a Monster Hunter game but the road is long so lets see where it leads us.

I think that due to the Covid situation, people want to buy games closer to the release date right now. And considering what games are coming out between now and MHR release, those probably take precedence right now. Momotaro, SMT III, Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity, Atelier Ryza 2, those are all fairly big releases.

Unless Nintendo comes with a big surprise launch for the holidays, then the preorders should start to really ramp up after the release of Age of Calamity.

Looks like RFA is out of stock again...

Someone going to make comparisons with Monster Hunter World?

One thing is clear either way, MHR will become the highest-ranking third party Switch game on COMG! Not sure if it can beat the big Nintendo guns yet, though...

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 28 September 2020

Around the Network

Introducing the Double Pack, for when one Monster Hunter Rise just isn't quite enough.

Despite its weak first day MHR is definetly heading for the top part of the chart and will sit there comfortably for a long time.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

UnderwaterFunktown said:
Introducing the Double Pack, for when one Monster Hunter Rise just isn't quite enough.

Despite its weak first day MHR is definetly heading for the top part of the chart and will sit there comfortably for a long time.

Yeah, unless there's a surprise announcement of a Splatoon 3 or new Dragon Quest title I don't think there's anything that could compete or even dethrone MHR.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
UnderwaterFunktown said:

Yeah, unless there's a surprise announcement of a Splatoon 3 or new Dragon Quest title I don't think there's anything that could compete or even dethrone MHR.

True, and with nothing too big on the horizon its gonna be home free once it overtakes Momotaro by a decent amount. Might take a while but it'll definitely get there.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Switch going down after 3D all star release stock. Should go back to 60-70k.

Marth said:

Rise vs World Overview (keep in mind this comparison is just for fun and won't be much of an acual sales comparison)

Days Left Rise World
182 4
181 6
180 15
127 22

As you can see there are quite a few days left until we have a side by side.

Things to beat for Rise:
3rd Party:

Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition - 111
Sword Art Online: HOllow Realization - Deluxe Edition - 84
Minecraft - 83

After 3rd party:

10th - Kirby Star Allies - 126

I will post updates as needed. First Rise has to get to those marks.

I really missed those preorder comparison charts on the COMG! thread.