By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-Order Chart

Tie reenters the charts and its literally a tie. You can't make this stuff up.

Uta, you weren't suppose to decrease. You were barely moving. You didn't need a decrease.

Around the Network
ireadtabloids said:

Odd day with more pre-orders cancelled from the top 20 than placed.

Except there are new entries right in the middle of the charts, so there have been at least a dozen new preorders in total in the charts, they just don't show up as those due to being new entries.

Nah, gotta count at least one pre-order for Tsukihime PS4 and at least 4 for both SKUs of Blue Reflection.

Megiddo said:
psychicscubadiver said:

Lol, good ol' COMG. Nintendo has 90% marketshare on video game software and yet occupies only a 4th of their pre-order slots.

Because this chart is about pre-orders for upcoming software releases.

Obviously if it was a chart of old software that has already been released then Nintendo would own it completely.

I'm just guessing, but I think @psychicscubadiver's point is that Nintendo games are evergreens and sell like crazy for years to come, whereas the vast majority of other companies' games sell great initially and have fantastic preorders but then die out after the first few weeks never to be seen again. If lifetime sales looked anything like COMG preorders, Nintendo wouldn't be nearly as dominate as they, in actuality, are.

Uta leaves the charts in poor fashion.

Tie PS4 broke the tie.

Around the Network

Thank you to everyone that corrected my error.

Marth said:

So far Demon Slayer game has not been impressing considering how insanely popular the IP is.

Hard to say as I've yet to read or watch it yet. Only things I can note is that the series isn't currently active (manga is already finished and the new anime isn't airing yet) and the ending was apparently not loved (but also not despised like Attack on Titan).

Crazy to think this series was actually outselling One Piece in Japan. Probably won't have the same staying power though.

Shaunodon said:
Marth said:

So far Demon Slayer game has not been impressing considering how insanely popular the IP is.

Hard to say as I've yet to read or watch it yet. Only things I can note is that the series isn't currently active (manga is already finished and the new anime isn't airing yet) and the ending was apparently not loved (but also not despised like Attack on Titan).

Crazy to think this series was actually outselling One Piece in Japan. Probably won't have the same staying power though.

Games should be sold for what they offer gameplay wise. Even One Piece games don't sell that much. Remember that Mangas are read by all the categories of ages. The same goes for animes but i don't think that a grandma is interested in playing an arena fighting game or a musou.

Tales of Arising. Tie is tied again.

5 days left. The final weekend is upon us. Will we get It's a Wonderful finish? Find out the answer to that and more on the next action packed episode of COMG Z!

Last edited by Rob5VGC - on 22 July 2021

Looks like Nintendo shipped out a lot of their older games to the retailers