By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - First look af the PS5 controller. The DualSense

Dig it?

Yay 90 69.23%

Nay 40 30.77%

Total:130
NightlyPoe said:
DonFerrari said:

When you stop pretending that what you said is fact.

Hundred million people are perfectly fine with dualshock design for decades, symmetrical included, and a big portion prefere it like that. But they are all wrong, Sony is dumb and lazy, but you know better than everyone. Prefer it like that?

Look, another strawman.  Deal with the issue like an adult or buzz off.

Yes you were a great adult with this jab, and with the original claim that have basically 0 fact or proof behind it.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
Signalstar said:

Yeah the Xbox Series X and Switch controllers are both very flattering for including the DualShock 4's Share button.

HD Rumble (Switch) and Haptic Feedback Triggers (XB1) say hi. 

The problem with Xbox controller is why would they named "share button" instead another named if they want to copied at least make it with new name or improve it. Dual sense not just copying, they are improving to another level. Sony are the best re- innovator in technology industries (well every company should do that). There is nothing wrong with copying, but blatantly steal the idea without improving is a laughing matter.  

I hope the capture button on DS is as fast as the one on Switch. PS4 is way too slow.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Jranation said:
shikamaru317 said:

Oh god that is hilarious 

I noticed this almost right away as well. Wasn't much different with the dev kit either, lol.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9066059

First thing it reminded me of was the XB controller.

Then it made me think of 'minding the gap', lol. (a less tasteful pic would better compare)

Which led to me thinking about the sport top/bra, lol.

Where do you typically rest your controller while playing?..

Could it all just be coincidence or is SNY sending subliminal messages? Maybe they're doing it subliminally themselves?

Last edited by EricHiggin - on 09 April 2020

EricHiggin said:
Jranation said:

Oh god that is hilarious 

I noticed this almost right away as well. Wasn't much different with the dev kit either, lol.

Then it made me think of 'minding the gap', lol. (a less tasteful pic would better compare)

Could it all just be coincidence or is SNY sending subliminal messages? Maybe they're doing it subliminally themselves?

What do you with all the free time you have without typing the O in Sony? :P

Around the Network
Leynos said:
EricHiggin said:

Leynos said:
I hope the capture button on DS is as fast as the one on Switch. PS4 is way too slow.

It's known as the DualSense 5. DS5 for short...

Runa216 said:
Azzanation said:

Dude, cut it out. We get it. all controllers take from other controllers, that's sort of how gradual evolution happens in technology. you're not clever for pointing it out and neither is anyone else in this thread. You're all just making yourself look like fools for caring about something so trivial. 

Don't tell me, I am replying to someone doing the whole comparing thing. Just needed to point out the obvious.

EricHiggin said:
Leynos said:

Leynos said:

It's known as the DualSense 5. DS5 for short...

You keep referring to Sony as SNY. It seems silly

Like it or not...it makes sense.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

HollyGamer said:
Azzanation said:

The problem with Xbox controller is why would they named "share button" instead another named if they want to copied at least make it with new name or improve it. Dual sense not just copying, they are improving to another level. Sony are the best re- innovator in technology industries (well every company should do that). There is nothing wrong with copying, but blatantly steal the idea without improving is a laughing matter.  

Don't be so gullible. Every company takes something to improve on it. The Impulse triggers in the X1 controllers were major improvements over any previous rumble designed controller in the past, so credit to where credit is due. HD Rumble was another evolution Nintendo took over previous methods as well. But to rename something that is basically the same thing in another controller does not make it any different.

All companies call there analog sticks.. analog sticks, or the D-Pad a D-Pad.. these were names basically by Nintendo, how come Sony and MS didn't change the names on them? Because like the Share Button, its the same thing, no different to Sony copying Xboxes Home Button etc. They all do it, but lets not praise one company every time they copy others and act like others haven't put in good enough effort. Infact for 3 generations Sony did barely anything to there designs on the Duelshocks aside from add in features that others did first. Sony tried copying Kinect with the PS Camera, and that wasn't better then Kinect 2.0. Sony used cheaper Analog stick material than other controllers leading into quicker wear and tear or a inferior battery life compared to others etc so to claim Sony always improves on something isn't true either. I can name many examples to prove that point here.

Last edited by Azzanation - on 09 April 2020