By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy VII Remake Review Thread - Current 88 Metacritic / 89 Opencritic

deskpro2k3 said:

pikashoe said:

My initial comment admittedly starts off a bit too aggressive, I'm not trying to start an argument with you, but you are misinterpreting what people are saying and it's making you look bad. it's cool that you are fine with the story getting completely changed but I think the people that are unhappy have completely valid reasons to be angry about these massive changes. 

It's a nonissue. They got themselves to blame.

How is it a non issue, have you seen what they've changed. They aren't just adding to the story they've changed it almost completely.

Your arrogance is astounding.

Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:

It is a Remake dude. A remake means to make something again, which they did in Version 2.0. It features a new game engine, improved server infrastructure, revamped gameplay, interface, and story. It kept all the main characters, locations, enemies, and villains. In addition to adding new locations, and new characters. etc

No dude a remake is to take something old and remake it from the ground up this was never the case with FFXIV and that is an objective fact what happened with FFXIV is the same thing that is happening with Anthem where they botched the project and had to do major fixes in many areas that is not a remake even with all the different definitions people have here this is far too big a reach on your part it's a massive moving of goal posts. I know someone had played the original version it had hardly any story or content in it the game was literally a log in and there's nothing to do affair what you class as changes were actually fixes and additions.

Under your logic here the likes of No Man's Sky and Phantasy Star Universe are remakes come on man be serious here.

Wyrdness said:
deskpro2k3 said:

It is a Remake dude. A remake means to make something again, which they did in Version 2.0. It features a new game engine, improved server infrastructure, revamped gameplay, interface, and story. It kept all the main characters, locations, enemies, and villains. In addition to adding new locations, and new characters. etc

No dude a remake is to take something old and remake it from the ground up this was never the case with FFXIV and that is an objective fact what happened with FFXIV is the same thing that is happening with Anthem where they botched the project and had to do major fixes in many areas that is not a remake even with all the different definitions people have here this is far too big a reach on your part it's a massive moving of goal posts. I know someone had played the original version it had hardly any story or content in it the game was literally a log in and there's nothing to do affair what you class as changes were actually fixes and additions.

:FACEPALM: No it's not the same thing. Did you not read what I posted?? This is no goal post moving bullshit. Someone asked a question and I answered it. and it turns out they don't like the answer because it doesn't fit with their mindset. You know what, I've played FFXIV 1.0 and the beta, I played a lot of it, I'm a Legacy player as a matter of damn fact.. I even made the OFFICIAL FINAL FANTASY XIV THREAD years ago in here.. So don't tell me I'm moving goal post...

I give up, believe whatever the hell you damn want. There ain't no stopping this FFVII Remake train.

Last edited by deskpro2k3 - on 08 April 2020

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said:

:FACEPALM: No it's not the same thing. Did you not read what I posted?? This is no goal post moving bullshit. Someone asked a question and I answered it. and it turns out they don't like the answer because it doesn't fit with their mindset. You know what, I've played FFXIV 1.0 and the beta, I played a lot of it, I'm a Legacy player as a matter of damn fact.. I even made the OFFICIAL FINAL FANTASY XIV THREAD years ago in here.. So don't tell me I'm moving goal post...

I give up, believe whatever the hell you damn want. There ain't no stopping this FFVII Remake train.

The are goalposts being moved because because the definition of remake doesn't fit FFXIV in any way, shape or form unless you decide to cherry pick parameters so it can.

It's not a case they don't like your answer because it doesn't fit their mind set it's the fact that the answer itself is so obviously objectively wrong that it's hard to believe the person was being serious it would be like classing PC versions of any game as a remaster because they can be played at higher resolutions than consoles that's the type of logic you're trying to bring here.

This game lacks strong side quests/content besides the main story. I was also expecting a richer loot fest inspired somewhat by Borderlands 3 loot variety.

Around the Network

Just got another perfect review from THE GUARDIAN! Good stuff!
https://www.theguardian.com/games/2020/apr/08/final-fantasy-vii-remake-review-a-classic-game-reaches-new-heights

No question, the 7's and 6's are very questionable reviews...more so than the 10/10's, to be honest. A perfect score is closer to where the game would rather be than say a 7 or even a 6. The game is definitely in that 8.5-9.5 range more than likely.

I'm sure it'll be a 9 for me but I'm still awaiting my copy.

StreaK said:
https://www.theguardian.com/games/2020/apr/08/final-fantasy-vii-remake-review-a-classic-game-reaches-new-heights

No question, the 7's and 6's are very questionable reviews...more so than the 10/10's, to be honest. A perfect score is closer to where the game would rather be than say a 7 or even a 6. The game is definitely in that 8.5-9.5 range more than likely.

I'm not sure if you've seen spoilers or not but from what I've seen 7 and 6s seem pretty fair. And the fan response is looking like it's going to be very divisive.

pikashoe said:
StreaK said:

I'm not sure if you've seen spoilers or not but from what I've seen 7 and 6s seem pretty fair. And the fan response is looking like it's going to be very divisive.

LOL of course I haven't seen spoilers. This is like my most anticipated game ever and I spent $125 on the deluxe edition which I still don't have in the mail. I'm going nuts waiting for this and there's already so many people that have finished the game. It's ridiculous. I have to pretend like no one is playing it at all to make myself feel more comfortable about it.

All I know is that there are more than enough changes. And to be honest, this just excites me. Who wants to play the same game again? As long as the story is still impactful and epic in its own right, I'll be satisfied. Right now, it's either you like it or you don't. But from what I hear, it's really the story which is gonna divide people. As far as gameplay, I've heard mostly positive things.

Tim over at Kinda Funny games - HUGE FFVII fan - is absolutely thrilled about it. In fact, all of the guys over at Kinda Funny (I watched their review podcast spoiler free) had nothing but positive feedback. One of the guys admitted he's new to FF and tried getting into the original but just couldn't do it...was not his thing. Now he thinks the remake is one of his favourite games ever.

I feel the fans might be more divisive but what about those who are not familiar with the FFVII story? I have a feeling the newcomers are gonna be blown away by this game.

ANyway, I simply can't wait! I just hope there's a day one patch because people are saying the game is full of low res textures and it stands out too much. This is quite concerning to me as that doesn't seem very Square like since they always pay close attention to graphical fidelity.

The continued meltdown from people who haven’t even experienced the game is quite entertaining.

Hm, I think this is still a great score personally. Only 1 day to go until I get my copy in my hands.