By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Lithium VS AA in controllers?

I prefer...

AA. 19 29.23%

Lithium. 46 70.77%

Total:65

I got a rechargeable AA batteries that cost like $20. When they're low I just need to charge them for 30mins and im good for the most of the day. When i charge them overnight im good for the week.

Around the Network

Voted AA in the poll.

Because brainfart. Obviously lithium is the better option. It's not even close, and not even far for that matter. Not comparable at all. AA batteries just fucking suck and they should've never made it into the 2010's, never mind still talking about them in 2020.

mZuzek said:
Voted AA in the poll.

Because brainfart. Obviously lithium is the better option. It's not even close, and not even far for that matter. Not comparable at all. AA batteries just fucking suck and they should've never made it into the 2010's, never mind still talking about them in 2020.

Closet AA lover, obviously.

mZuzek loves Smeags. 😢

d21lewis said:
mZuzek said:
Voted AA in the poll.

Closet AA lover, obviously.

No!

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
What is AA? Well, I have a lot of eneloops, so I won't be bothered.

Form factor.

Eneloops are just Nickel-Metal Hydride batteries in the AA form factor. Basically just a brand.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network

AA's because you can buy a play and charge kit so that way if your batteries die, they can be easily replaced instead of replacing the entire controller.
Options = Good.

Azzanation said:
AA's because you can buy a play and charge kit so that way if your batteries die, they can be easily replaced instead of replacing the entire controller.
Options = Good.

options are good, but honestly one time use alkalines should be banned lol. they make WAY too much toxic waste.

everyone should use NiMH rechargable AA/AAAs honestly.

one thing I wish was possible is the switch pro controller having removable batteries. its not like cell phones where they just put in a pouch where it being removable would be unsafe: its a LITERAL OG 3ds battery stuck in it

TheBraveGallade said:
Azzanation said:
Options = Good.

options are good, but honestly one time use alkalines should be banned lol. they make WAY too much toxic waste.

one thing I wish was possible is the switch pro controller having removable batteries. its not like cell phones where they just put in a pouch where it being removable would be unsafe: its a LITERAL OG 3ds battery stuck in it

With your logic, lets just stop gaming all together because electricity hurts our planet.

"Approximately 40% of global CO2 emissions are emitted from electricity generation through the combustion of fossil fuels to generate heat needed to power steam turbines. Burning these fuels results in the production of carbon dioxide (CO2)—the primary heat-trapping, “greenhouse gas” responsible for global warming."

Lithium. To change from 360 with new batteries every few days to Ps3 was a blast. I have a charging station for Ps3 and Ps4, they load over night and I never had to worry about it anymore. (I always have 2 controllers (for couch coop), so if I really play that much on a single day I just change from controller A to controller B, but that nearly never happened.I could not imagine to go back to AA.

Azzanation said:
TheBraveGallade said:

With your logic, lets just stop gaming all together because electricity hurts our planet.

"Approximately 40% of global CO2 emissions are emitted from electricity generation through the combustion of fossil fuels to generate heat needed to power steam turbines. Burning these fuels results in the production of carbon dioxide (CO2)—the primary heat-trapping, “greenhouse gas” responsible for global warming."

to that, I reply that gaming consumes an insignificant amount in the big picture.

I'm saying ALL batteries should be some sort of rechargeable ones