Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 GDC Reveal and PS5 specs/performance Digital Foundry Video analysis : 3.5 Ghz 8 core Zen 2 CPU along with 10.3 TF RDNA 2 RT capable and 16GB GDDR6 RAM and also super crazy fast 5.5 GB/Second S

How do you feel

My brain become bigger su... 21 30.00%

I am wet 6 8.57%

What did he talked about??? 5 7.14%

I want some more info 9 12.86%

Total:41
BraLoD said:
Underwhelming.
Not because dem tlops, but the ram and only PS4 BC was really sad.
Not the leap I expected, I'll get it regardless in the future because games are all that matters, but I'm dissapointed.

Those insane clocks tho... they better know really well what they are doing.

Both consoles ram could be higher, but do people really want BC for PS3/2/1 That badly? I had all those consoles but PS4 BC is all I care about as I still have those games.

Suppose you could use PS Now for PS3 games but that doesn't really interest me. 

PS4 and PC gaming

PC Specs:
AMD Ryzen 9 3900x
Zotac Nvidia RTX 2070 Super
32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengence Ram 3200 mhz
1TB Samsung Qvo SSD
Corsair Spec-Delta Case
Asus ROG B450-F Motherboard

Around the Network
FloatingWaffles said:
last92 said:

Why should I buy a new system to play archaic games, though?

Personally, I have no interest in things that were released before 2010. Most good games got remastered on PS4 anyway (still not interested).

But in your case you wouldn't be buying it for that. If you buy a PS5 for all the new PS5 games that are coming out, and the PS5 you buy comes with BC, how does that affect you in any way? You just wouldn't use the feature, but it would still be there for those who want it.

The only way you can think it would affect you is if you think that Sony working on older BC will somehow take away from PS5 resources or something. 

It costs money and resources to implement the software and hardware for BC. Resources and money that Sony obviously decide could be better spent elsewhere, on new software or on improving the hardware.

The blunt truth is the majority of the public just don't care about the feature. At all. Sony look at the statistics and their userbase and it's far down on the list of priorities when they weigh the benefits to the costs. Particularly in light of the influx of remakes of old classics for new hardware.

A thing of beauty, strength, and grace lies behind that whiskered face.

Sony really is the Nintendo of consoles.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Bandorr said:
Vodacixi said:

And they said that... where exactly? It's nice if some of you realized that this was gonna be livestreamed when the GDC was supposed to take place. But Sony themselves didn't say any of this.

The video literally starts as Jim ryan explaining the talk for the GDC. Why would he mention cancelling the talk for the GDC.. if the talk you were about to get wasn't about the GDC?

The first thing Mark cerny talks about is why he talks about he goals for the playstation and mentions there are plenty of times for games later.

The tweet said "a deep dive into PS5’s system architecture, and how it will shape the future of games."

Plus look at the thread you're in. The second tweet on the FIRST PAGE, of the FIRST POST says "PlayStation Japan confirms that tomorrow's PS5 presentation contains content that was originally intended for GDC"

I did a search for the phrase "GDC" and it appears FOURTEEN TIMES on the first page (first 100 posts) of the thread.

Oh, but they said it AT the presentation. They already hooked up people by then... and they obviously stayed to at least give the talk a chance.

No cheating, Bandorr xD

They can talk about what they said on the tweet without spending 1 hour deeply explaining two concepts.

I just saw the tweet and some news about the tweet. Like... a lot of people apparently. I don't have to look at a 20+ pages thread for something I didn't even knew was there. Most of the times I look at the OP when I arrive to the thread and when I did that for the first time, there wasn't any GDC mention at all.

Try again for 25 cents?

sales2099 said:
Zoombael said:

The presentation was originally to be held at the GDC. Game Developers Conference. Game Developers. The people who make games as a profession. That makes them...?

You gotta admit it shouldn’t have been a mass tweet to announce since most aren’t in fact like you say a Game Developer. I don’t recall MSs spec drop being criticized like this for being too technical. Probably because they just did it without notice so you can’t really fault them. 

Not publicly announcing the reveal of new official info about Sonys next generation console presented by the chief hardware architect himself? 

What kinda stuff do they sell you?

Hunting Season is done...

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
Nu-13 said:

There's no derailing in calling you out. It's aways been obvious that flops are just one aspect of gpus but only now you and others conveniently say that.

Even if theres "differnces" between flops to performance, between AMD / Nvidia and cards + architecture.

All that bullsh*t goes out the window when the differnce is big enough.   (this is the part you ignore)

Switch is 397 Gflops (0,397 Tflops docked)
Playstation 4 is 1,840 Gflops (1,840 Tflops)

Does switch punch above its weight? maybe.... go ahead and give it another 10% or 20% in score, when compaireing it to the PS4.
The playstation is still like 4x more power.

Now can we drop it? yes flops arnt be all end of all, but they do still matter in compairisons when we know about the performance ranges or certain architectures and how they meassure up against one another.

Its like you refuse to admit that the Switch is alot weaker? it just is. 

End of disccussion, no "flops arnt flops" will change that.

It's amazing how far you go. I never had any problem seeing how powerful a system is once information is out. The problem here is that you pretended the switch is a lot weaker than it actually is (even in the above post) and is now pulling a full 180 when talking about ps5. The least you can do is admit your mistakes.

Had no time to watch. What is the general sentiment? The Goods and bad? Expected price?

Xxain said:
Had no time to watch. What is the general sentiment? The Goods and bad? Expected price?

Good, very good for gamers....Extremely bad for folks with a MBA in Presentations.

Xxain said:

No price was given. Specs were in the expected range but were showcased in a super boring presentation.

Vodacixi said:
Bandorr said:

The video literally starts as Jim ryan explaining the talk for the GDC. Why would he mention cancelling the talk for the GDC.. if the talk you were about to get wasn't about the GDC?

The first thing Mark cerny talks about is why he talks about he goals for the playstation and mentions there are plenty of times for games later.

The tweet said "a deep dive into PS5’s system architecture, and how it will shape the future of games."

Plus look at the thread you're in. The second tweet on the FIRST PAGE, of the FIRST POST says "PlayStation Japan confirms that tomorrow's PS5 presentation contains content that was originally intended for GDC"

I did a search for the phrase "GDC" and it appears FOURTEEN TIMES on the first page (first 100 posts) of the thread.

Oh, but they said it AT the presentation. They already hooked up people by then... and they obviously stayed to at least give the talk a chance.

No cheating, Bandorr xD

They can talk about what they said on the tweet without spending 1 hour deeply explaining two concepts.

I just saw the tweet and some news about the tweet. Like... a lot of people apparently. I don't have to look at a 20+ pages thread for something I didn't even knew was there. Most of the times I look at the OP when I arrive to the thread and when I did that for the first time, there wasn't any GDC mention at all.

Try again for 25 cents?

So let's recap. You watched the presentation - even though it made it clear it wasn't going to be about the games.

You ignored every discussion of GDC. It being a GDC event. It being a GDC video. It being GDC week.

You never thought what "a deep dive into PS5’s system architecture, and how it will shape the future of games.": even meant.

You didn't post until 10:22 yet some how missed a tweet in the very first post that was added 3 hours before.

And you are going to give up Playstation 5 exlusives.. because you can't play Playstation 3 and older games.

Yeah I see where this conversation started, and ended. - good lord you need help. You refused to search for any information. You ignored obvious information. You never did any critical thinking. And  now you are planning on avoid new games - because you can't play old games.

Yikes is all I got -I'm out.

• Deadliest mass shooting by an individual in US history (10/01/2017)
  • Deadliest high school shooting in US history (02/14/2018)
  • Deadliest massacre of Jews in US history (10/27/2018)
  • Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)