By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Report: Sony looking to acquire Metal Gear, Castlevania, and Silent Hill IP's from Konami, Kojima involvement planned

Someone get the Bloody Roar ip, please.

Around the Network

I’m more interested in somebody acquiring suikoden from Konami... as long it isn’t square... they would just ruin it...

Jpcc86 said:
Sounds like an April Fools prank ahead of time, due to Coronavirus maybe (?)
Either way I hope its true cause it sounds like a dream come true, the Playstation is the console I'd want to play this titles on and Sony can have a competent studio handle them - since Konami is clearly not interested. Sad to see Suikoden didnt make the list. Thats THE Konami property I want back.

The games named have apart from Konami something in common varying input from Kojima it is a pity Suikoden didn't have a reboot with Kojima given  executive producer status,

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Cool I guess. Havent finished a MG since 3 so I don’t care much.

Azzanation said:

Buying out exclusives leaves a bad taste in peoples mouths..
If this is the case than Sony should just buy Komani, atleast than it leaves a valid reason to make the games exclusive.
Imagine if MS brought the Witcher IP? or Nintendo brought the GTA IP just to lock them away from others to buy.. anti-consumer at its finest.
Buy the damn companies or leave them be in my opinion.

Not really if Sony develops the games themselves. Could be pretty big if Sony can secure these ip's, especially if they end up buying Kojima productions.

Around the Network
mjk45 said:
Jpcc86 said:
Sounds like an April Fools prank ahead of time, due to Coronavirus maybe (?)
Either way I hope its true cause it sounds like a dream come true, the Playstation is the console I'd want to play this titles on and Sony can have a competent studio handle them - since Konami is clearly not interested. Sad to see Suikoden didnt make the list. Thats THE Konami property I want back.

The games named have apart from Konami something in common varying input from Kojima it is a pity Suikoden didn't have a reboot with Kojima given  executive producer status,

You are right, tho my comment was unrelated to that. As  far as Konami IPs go,  I'd be more hyped to see someone pick Suikoden than to see Kojima revive his old projects/ideas with franchises he worked on- which is also very appealing to me all the same, better that than to see Castlevania and MGS go defunct. 

Not going to happen. Konami knows how much these IPs are worth. Plus they really don't need the money atm.

RedKingXIII said:
Azzanation said:

If this is the case than Sony should just buy Komani, atleast than it leaves a valid reason to make the games exclusive.
Imagine if MS brought the Witcher IP? or Nintendo brought the GTA IP just to lock them away from others to buy.. anti-consumer at its finest.

If Sony (or anyone) buying the IPs means we get good Silent Hill, Metal Gear and Castlevania games again then I'm all for it, even if they end up being exclusives. Exclusivity is better then pachinkos, nothing and Metal Gear Survive after all.

Will make no difference if only a 3rd of the console market can access it. 

Azzanation said:

Buying all of Konami would be foolish if all Sony wants are the IPs. Konami has largely shifted their focus away from AAA game development and publishing. What would Sony do with Konami's pachinko machine business or all their sport/fitness centers?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Would that mean SOTN will never go on a Nintendo console, let alone the Switch?

i know it’s a dumb question, but it would be ashamed to miss an opportunity to not release that game on Switch after the Castlevania collection.