By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Report: Sony looking to acquire Metal Gear, Castlevania, and Silent Hill IP's from Konami, Kojima involvement planned

Sounds like an April Fools prank ahead of time, due to Coronavirus maybe (?)
Either way I hope its true cause it sounds like a dream come true, the Playstation is the console I'd want to play this titles on and Sony can have a competent studio handle them - since Konami is clearly not interested. Sad to see Suikoden didnt make the list. Thats THE Konami property I want back.

Around the Network

Buying out exclusives leaves a bad taste in peoples mouths..
If this is the case than Sony should just buy Komani, atleast than it leaves a valid reason to make the games exclusive.
Imagine if MS brought the Witcher IP? or Nintendo brought the GTA IP just to lock them away from others to buy.. anti-consumer at its finest.
Buy the damn companies or leave them be in my opinion.

If Suikoden made the list id be super excited. At least if Sony buys Metal Gear and Castlevania they can rep them through Playstation All Stars if that ever comes.

If it meant that we'd actually get good games in those series again, then I'm all for it.

Azzanation said:

Buying out exclusives leaves a bad taste in peoples mouths..
If this is the case than Sony should just buy Komani, atleast than it leaves a valid reason to make the games exclusive.
Imagine if MS brought the Witcher IP? or Nintendo brought the GTA IP just to lock them away from others to buy.. anti-consumer at its finest.
Buy the damn companies or leave them be in my opinion.

If Sony (or anyone) buying the IPs means we get good Silent Hill, Metal Gear and Castlevania games again then I'm all for it, even if they end up being exclusives. Exclusivity is better then pachinkos, nothing and Metal Gear Survive after all.

Around the Network

Kojima's trying to raise his connection level with Konami?

I wonder what SIE rewards him with?

Expanding the PS Network?

Last edited by EricHiggin - on 15 March 2020

Better than where they are now... Would be hell of an addition to an already impressive library of games

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Stay away from Castlevania

Leave Castlevania alone. Get Zone of the Enders instead.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

It's obvious that someone saw an opportunity with these franchises lapsing after Kojima left, the mystery is who is driving this is it Sony or Kojima himself with Sony being the contact point , now some might say what difference does that make ,well it could be the difference between Sony buying outright ownership most likely with Kojima guaranteeing his oversight .the other side is its Kojima's way of reconciling with Konami with Sony being the buffer this way Konami has a clear path for those languishing franchises without funding them plus any potential production angst is on Sony , Sony on their side gets exclusivity but has to share the spoils,how do you people feel it will go if true Ownership or just an exclusivity deal related to Kojima.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot