By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor: E3 might be canceled after all, EDIT : CONFIRMED (To be announced today March 11 at 9:30 AM LA time)

What do you think

Corona has entered the chat 4 57.14%

What is E3 ? 2 28.57%

we still have another 450 days for E3 1 14.29%

Total:7

EDIT: Confirmed by Bloomberg 

ESA are exploring to have online presentation or pre recorded event .

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-11/e3-video-game-conference-has-been-canceled-ars-technica-reports

" The cancellation is planned to be announced at 9:30 am Los Angeles time on March 11 by the Entertainment Software Association, according to a person familiar with the matter. The ESA, which organizes the show commonly known as E3, wrote in a private memo to partners on Tuesday that it is “exploring options for an online E3 event this summer.”

https://youtu.be/J-IWbG1kWgU

Last edited by HollyGamer - on 11 March 2020

Around the Network

It will just be directs. Fine with me. E3 is dying anyway. This is just accelerating it.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

This might be the end of the E3 era. :'-(

Losing E3 would suck for me. It's been like 10 years that I've watched every year at E3 for all the live reveals of games. Honestly was always so hyped for E3 announcements and gameplay. Despite many people having become negative or cynical towards it, to me it was some of the most exciting time of the year when it came to gaming.

Also, this is starting to make me think that the new consoles may end up getting delayed to 2021 as well.

Man, and I thought we would have an amazing Microsoft conference with Xbox Series X games and stuff... If that's true, I will be really sad.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Alex_The_Hedgehog said:
Man, and I thought we would have an amazing Microsoft conference with Xbox Series X games and stuff... If that's true, I will be really sad.

I'm sure that MS will still have a conference in June, it will just be digital only with no audience, viewable on Twitch, Mixer, and Youtube.

Well, that would work, I guess... But still...

Damn, the coronavirus is starting to do actual harm now...

Just kidding. It sucks, but its very understandable. Hopefully we get other events around that time. Maybe more Direct like presentations.

Good call, but expected. This is going to be one hell of an interesting year for gaming that's for sure and hey...it's going to be different and that's fine. Health always goes first.

Seeing how the outbreak is progressing in California, it's sure getting cancelled.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Dammit, and I had a good chance to go this year for a publication I write for, after we couldn't make it happen last year. Oh well, not meant to be I guess.. I at least have the memories of 2017 and 2018 to hold on to. :/

On the plus side, I'll be saving an extra grand at least, which will be hugely helpful for my Key West trip a month later.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden