By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor: E3 might be canceled after all, EDIT : CONFIRMED (To be announced today March 11 at 9:30 AM LA time)

What do you think

Corona has entered the chat 4 57.14%

What is E3 ? 2 28.57%

we still have another 450 days for E3 1 14.29%

Total:7
KiigelHeart said:
Nautilus said:

Im just saying that this is being way overblown.Common diseases like the common cold is more deadly than this disease, and Corona is far more dangerous to the elderly and young kids than other people(Which I think make up for most of the dead I believe), which E3 could prohibit those categories of people from entering, not the others.

Again, I get it, just feels like an exageration.

Elderly, young kids and people with certain health issues. And even if those people were prohibited from entering, events like E3 might still spread the virus. And it's a risk for everyone.

Health should be a priority,  not some gaming, sports or music events. It sucks but it is what it is.

Just like the flu is spread through contact too?Or Tuberculosis?Or any other common disease that have killed far more than it?

Again, I get it, just think this is an overreaction.I mean, there are still events going on here and there, PAX East being one I can remember on the top of my head, but I don't remember seeing the number of infected people increase drastically after the event happened.

I guess since I am more of a exact science kind of person, I base more my decision on numbers and facts.Personally, the chance of you getting infected going into places like that(assuming you are not in China, of course) is so minimal that I personally wouldn't worry.But that's me.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

So MS will make a pre recorded stream or a live stream in place of it, I’m certain their announcements will still happen one way or another

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Nautilus said:
twintail said:

Im just saying that this is being way overblown.Common diseases like the common cold is more deadly than this disease, and Corona is far more dangerous to the elderly and young kids than other people(Which I think make up for most of the dead I believe), which E3 could prohibit those categories of people from entering, not the others.

Statistics, not even once, am I right?

Young kids are basically imune to Covid-19 (that is to say, you aren't even know of what you're talking about), but it is almost 50 times as deadly as the flu to the elderly. If it were to spread like a flu or a cold (15% - 30% of everyone is infected) across Europe and the United States, there would be millions dead, more than all of those who died to the flu and other respiratory illnesses in the last 20 years put together.

Nautilus said:
KiigelHeart said:

Elderly, young kids and people with certain health issues. And even if those people were prohibited from entering, events like E3 might still spread the virus. And it's a risk for everyone.

Health should be a priority,  not some gaming, sports or music events. It sucks but it is what it is.

Just like the flu is spread through contact too?Or Tuberculosis?Or any other common disease that have killed far more than it?

Again, I get it, just think this is an overreaction.I mean, there are still events going on here and there, PAX East being one I can remember on the top of my head, but I don't remember seeing the number of infected people increase drastically after the event happened.

I guess since I am more of a exact science kind of person, I base more my decision on numbers and facts.Personally, the chance of you getting infected going into places like that(assuming you are not in China, of course) is so minimal that I personally wouldn't worry.But that's me.

Yeah but when it comes to flu we know what we're dealing with. And as far as I know, it has a lower death rate anyway. It's still early days for corona. 

Tuberculosis was/is a nasty fucker. Good thing there's a vaxine these days. If there wasn't and it was spreading like corona, it would be a cause for concern.

I don't think anyone should panic of and I'm not too worried, but precautions like cancelling public events for now is reasonable. 

haxxiy said:
Nautilus said:

Statistics, not even once, am I right?

Young kids are basically imune to Covid-19 (that is to say, you aren't even know of what you're talking about), but it is almost 50 times as deadly as the flu to the elderly. If it were to spread like a flu or a cold (15% - 30% of everyone is infected) across Europe and the United States, there would be millions dead, more than all of those who died to the flu and other respiratory illnesses in the last 20 years put together.

But it dosen't, and that's the point.And I was mistaken, kids aren't as much affected.Thanks for the correction.That also makes my point stronger, in which it isn't as deadly.

Anyway, I think I have my point across.Shame that E3 is cancelled, but I guess that's life.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

Around the Network
KiigelHeart said:
Nautilus said:

Yeah but when it comes to flu we know what we're dealing with. And as far as I know, it has a lower death rate anyway. It's still early days for corona. 

Tuberculosis was/is a nasty fucker. Good thing there's a vaxine these days. If there wasn't and it was spreading like corona, it would be a cause for concern.

I don't think anyone should panic of and I'm not too worried, but precautions like cancelling public events for now is reasonable. 

Never said it's not reasonable, just think it's a bit too much.But I see where you are comming from.

Anyways, sad that E3 is cancelled this year.Hopefully something new and exciting will come out of this.

Let's press F to pay respect.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

I have to inform all of you about the situation here in Italy, cause I see too many people ill-informed about the coronavirus outbreak, and what is happening here will happen in other countries, it's only a matter of time. We have 10k+ infected, including the deceased and the healed, in Lombardy intensive care beds are running out, forcing governors to send people who are ill (but not by covid-19) to other regions in order to clearing beds for those who are infected. It's not like flu, flu kills only 0.7% of infected and we have vaccines for it, corona kills an average 3% of infected and we don't have a vaccine yet, furthermore 10% of infected needs an intensive care treatment, regardless of age: I have reports of younger people in intensive care, with no pre-existing pathologies. Let me say something: do you have relatives which are at risk? I have, and if they get infected they will probably die, so respect them if you don't wanna lose them. Stopping a conference like E3 is a precaution not to spread the infection and so people at risk will be safe. Last but not least: here in Italy you don't have to pay for test like in the US, and also we are testing only people with symptoms, so there is a high chance that the infected are a lot more here, so please don't underestimate this virus, but also don't panic going to supermarket and empty magazines, I hope this problem won't spread in other countries as much as in mine, but I'm doubtful. Please thank the doctors who are doing their best to save lives.
Sorry for the bad English, I will improve, promise :)

Last edited by AlbiNecroxz - on 11 March 2020

Zanark best Inazuma Eleven pg

Better safe than sorry but still, a lot of this seems like hot air.

Nautilus said:
This year is really going down to the drain, isn't it?

I mean, I get it.But this histeria for a virus that isn't even THAT dangerous.... Common cold kills more than it.Again, I get it, but it just feels like an exageration...

It hasn't been that dangerous because thousands of people have been working precisely so people like you don't have to worry that much about it. The current efforts aim for a proper contention of the virus, so sanitary authorities have to deal with patients in the order of thousands instead of the potential millions. And it has worked in China, South Korea and it's bound to work everywhere else with the necessary actions. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first.