By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - AMD: PS4 and Xbox shipped 150+ million by 2020.

So based on AMD reported numbers, Xbox shipped number is around 41-42 Million which does not align with VGchart's numbers.

We are talking here about 7-8 Million over tracking???

https://twinfinite.net/2020/03/ps4-xbox-one-amd-shipments/

Around the Network

It's an estimate... regardless what the title says?
"Today AMD is hosting its Financial Analyst Day 2020, and chief executive officer Lisa Su provided an interesting estimate for shipments of PS4 and Xbox One."

Good to see this site is still going 

No - in financial presentations, they use round numbers. So when AMD says 150+ million combined, that means it is OVER 150 million but BELOW 160 million. So with 109 million confirmed PS4's, that leaves Microsoft wiggle room of anywhere from ~42 million to ~51 million units shipped.

Yikes, and the numbers we had already painted a rather dire picture for Xbone; if this is accurate and it is indeed around 42 million, then it looks like the 50 million milestone might well be forever out of reach.

Can't really blame VGChartz though when MS don't give out numbers, it's hard to estimate without any official data.

EDIT: Nevermind, either the thread title's been edited or I just didn't see the "+".  

NextGen_Gamer said:

No - in financial presentations, they use round numbers. So when AMD says 150+ million combined, that means it is OVER 150 million but BELOW 160 million. So with 109 million confirmed PS4's, that leaves Microsoft wiggle room of anywhere from ~42 million to ~51 million units shipped.

What stops them from saying 155m+ then? I still think that xbox is over tracked 

Around the Network
Frank_kc said:
NextGen_Gamer said:

Why should they? Is 155 some milestone?

Frank_kc said:
NextGen_Gamer said:

Even though AMD themselves estimated the figure as it says in the first line of the article, Microsoft not stating any figures and VGChartz says 46.5 million sold as of 29th of February.

I'd personally say the figures are fine until solid data comes in.

Good to see this site is still going 

Frank_kc said:
NextGen_Gamer said:

Again, that is just not a "nice" number for a financial analyst. Once you get to certain thresholds, like 100 million, then you only report in big round numbers like 10, 20, 30 - unless you really need show progress or something (like, at the last milestone you said 130 million, and now it's three months later and you are only at 136, then you say 135+ so it still looks good).

Like I said, Xbox could be anywhere from 42 to 51 million. I bet VG Chartz is actually really close.

NextGen_Gamer said:
Frank_kc said:

Again, that is just not a "nice" number for a financial analyst. Once you get to certain thresholds, like 100 million, then you only report in big round numbers like 10, 20, 30 - unless you really need show progress or something (like, at the last milestone you said 130 million, and now it's three months later and you are only at 136, then you say 135+ so it still looks good).

Like I said, Xbox could be anywhere from 42 to 51 million. I bet VG Chartz is actually really close.

I really don't understand your logic. It's not about having a nice number. Do u think AMD will ignore hundreds of millions of sales from the range you propsed in a financial report to have a nice number?

The way I look at it is the + sign is a very close number to reported number. So at minimum it would be 151m and max would be 154m, otherwise, they could say 155m+.

Besed on max number, xbox sold to consumer would be estimated around 41-42 Million's.