By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 15 Minutes of Wonderful 101: Remastered on Switch (PAX East 2020)

curl-6 said:
Leynos said:

I grew up on Atari 2600 and your"modern" issues I had no issues with and you are literally the only person I have seen have these complaints online. So it just seems to be on your end not the game. You don't like it and that's fine but it's not the game.

It's both; I don't like the game because of how the game is. So yes, it is the game.

It's not like it's universally acclaimed and beloved, many others find issue with it. It has a rather lukewarm Metacritic of 78 with 23 "yellow" reviews. (Below a 75)

And Final Fantasy XIII/Fallout 4 had like an 85 plus meta. So it's best not to use a number to try and make your opinion more valid when those reviewers have proven to be untrustworthy.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
Leynos said:
curl-6 said:

It's both; I don't like the game because of how the game is. So yes, it is the game.

It's not like it's universally acclaimed and beloved, many others find issue with it. It has a rather lukewarm Metacritic of 78 with 23 "yellow" reviews. (Below a 75)

And Final Fantasy XIII/Fallout 4 had like an 85 plus meta. So it's best not to use a number to try and make your opinion more valid when those reviewers have proven to be untrustworthy.

I didn't use a number to try to validate my opinion. You painted it as though I'm the only one who had issues with it and that the game is faultless. I'm simply demonstrating that no, I am not the only one who found the game flawed.

victor83fernandes said:

If they bring more wiiU games to the switch I might end up selling the wiiU and rebuying everything later on sales.

The problem with that is that prices on Nintendo games take forever to come down.  You might have to wait 10 years to get a good deal on some of the Switch games.  

JRPGfan said:
TeamGuard said:
This game can't even run 4k on PS4 Pro or Steam? What year is this, 2013?

2160p is 4k.
The PS4pro does that.

That said... game barely looks better than the Wii U version.... resolution scale doesnt do much graphically for this game.

*edit:
This game is probably a horrible mess, in Switch handheld mode.
Its cluttered enough on a big tv screen, on a tiny screen its gonna be 1 big mess.

As someone who played the game solely on the Wii U Gamepad, let me tell you that it isn't. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network

From a gameplay and settings standpoint I really want an Astral Chain 2 but from a story standpoint. How? Without feeling tacked on...how?

Last edited by Leynos - on 28 February 2020

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:

From a gameplay and settings standpoint I really want an Astral Chain 2 but from a story standpoint. How? Without feeling tacked on...how?

The director has indicated a trilogy is possible but did not rule out that any follow up game could be a stand alone successor just building on the mechanics.

mZuzek said:
curl-6 said:

I just found it constantly frustrating when I played; controlling only one of up to 100 tiny characters with the rest just swarming along for the ride was just not visually intuitive or comfortable.

It made action senses in particular just too disorganized, especially when you take a hit and they scatter all over the screen and have to run around gathering them all up, that was a massive pain in the rear, and it completely broke the flow of the action, as did having to stop and do that fiddly "draw the weapon" gimmick.

It's easier to accept this game just isn't for you.

That's fine. It's not for everyone, really. I didn't like it either. But if you dislike everything about its core gameplay, it's better to just admit it's not your kind of thing and move on to other things. I'm actually glad this whole thing was done as fast as it was, it means Platinum's other projects won't be slowed down much, if at all. Still hoping for Astral Chain 2 over here.

I do accept it's not for me. I don't see a problem with sharing a different opinion on it though. If people only ever hear fans praise it they might get their expectations built up too high and come away feeling let down.

And yeah, same here, I just want them to hurry up and finish Bayonetta 3 already haha.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 28 February 2020

Backed this on kickstarter. Looking forward too it.

TeamGuard said:
This game can't even run 4k on PS4 Pro or Steam? What year is this, 2013?

Are you lost? The game is full 4K on ps4 pro