By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 15 Minutes of Wonderful 101: Remastered on Switch (PAX East 2020)

Noice!



Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
curl-6 said:

Pikmin's not a fast paced action game, and the characters in that are much more readable in both the way they look and move.

Fair enough, but I think it's easy to read where everyone is in Wonderful 101 when you use the Unite Weapons.

Indeed, fair enough, and more power to you, I'm glad you can enjoy it. I just think that now the game's going to be available to a wider audience, that audience should have an accordingly wide range of opinions on it, so that they are informed about what they can expect.



Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

VAMatt said:
TeamGuard said:
This game can't even run 4k on PS4 Pro or Steam? What year is this, 2013?

It says 4k on PS4 Pro in the OP.

Ah...Ok......... BUT WHY NOT 4K ON PC!?!?!?!?



I see no reason to get it, I wanted the resolution bump on the ps4 pro, but to be honest I never thought this game needed it, it looks incredible on the wiiU, pointless on the switch, screen is too tiny for this game. This game has a lot going on the screen, better enjoyed on a big screen.

If they bring more wiiU games to the switch I might end up selling the wiiU and rebuying everything later on sales.

If you don't already have this on wiiU you need to buy it, definitely one of the best games of the generation, top 3. Its original, fun and pure gaming, none of that cinematic games which you barely have to touch the controller.



curl-6 said:

Still as visually cluttered and messy as ever.

One of the game's many drawbacks, an action game needs to be as readable as possible, but the gaggle of characters floating around all the time is just a visual annoyance.

This is not supposed to be played portable on 6inch screen, you need a big screen. I never ever thought it was messy or cluttered, like at all. This is pure gaming like the old days, you need to focus on the game at all times, no half hour movies in it. Its more for the older gamers, not the new gamers who are used to easy point and shoot stuff.

On the other hand it might get cluttered on these consoles, because they need to put the second screen somewhere and that's going to be on top of the main screen, therefore I still believe the wiiU version will still be the best, it was designed with that console in mind.



Around the Network
curl-6 said:
CaptainExplosion said:

I don't think it's that bad. In fact I never had that problem.

I just found it constantly frustrating when I played; controlling only one of up to 100 tiny characters with the rest just swarming along for the ride was just not visually intuitive or comfortable.

It made action senses in particular just too disorganized, especially when you take a hit and they scatter all over the screen and have to run around gathering them all up, that was a massive pain in the rear, and it completely broke the flow of the action, as did having to stop and do that fiddly "draw the weapon" gimmick.

That's exactly why the game was one of the best of the generation, it was different, original, wasn't scared of making something new, and didn't treat gamers like children who need an arrow and map to know where they need to go or what to do.

The game was and is brilliant, if it didn't have the 100 characters at once, then it would just be another generic action fighter.



TeamGuard said:
This game can't even run 4k on PS4 Pro or Steam? What year is this, 2013?

The's a lot going on in the game literally hundreds of characters fighting at once against enemies while the are a lot of mechanics in play at all time.



curl-6 said:

Still as visually cluttered and messy as ever.

One of the game's many drawbacks, an action game needs to be as readable as possible, but the gaggle of characters floating around all the time is just a visual annoyance.

Literally never had that problem. It was always pretty clear to me.



Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

I guess you don't like Smash Brother either. 



victor83fernandes said:
curl-6 said:

Still as visually cluttered and messy as ever.

One of the game's many drawbacks, an action game needs to be as readable as possible, but the gaggle of characters floating around all the time is just a visual annoyance.

This is not supposed to be played portable on 6inch screen, you need a big screen. I never ever thought it was messy or cluttered, like at all. This is pure gaming like the old days, you need to focus on the game at all times, no half hour movies in it. Its more for the older gamers, not the new gamers who are used to easy point and shoot stuff.

On the other hand it might get cluttered on these consoles, because they need to put the second screen somewhere and that's going to be on top of the main screen, therefore I still believe the wiiU version will still be the best, it was designed with that console in mind.

I am an "older gamer", I grew up in the SNES generation. It didn't need to be "easy point and shoot" but this game just has so many problems I could go on for pages.

victor83fernandes said:
curl-6 said:

I just found it constantly frustrating when I played; controlling only one of up to 100 tiny characters with the rest just swarming along for the ride was just not visually intuitive or comfortable.

It made action senses in particular just too disorganized, especially when you take a hit and they scatter all over the screen and have to run around gathering them all up, that was a massive pain in the rear, and it completely broke the flow of the action, as did having to stop and do that fiddly "draw the weapon" gimmick.

That's exactly why the game was one of the best of the generation, it was different, original, wasn't scared of making something new, and didn't treat gamers like children who need an arrow and map to know where they need to go or what to do.

The game was and is brilliant, if it didn't have the 100 characters at once, then it would just be another generic action fighter.

I'd respectfully disagree, I find no positive whatsoever to the messy gaggle of characters. Besides the visual nuisance, having them scatter every time you get hit and having to gather them up again is just a pace-breaking chore just like the clunky "draw the weapons" gimmick.



Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.