By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony is going to mess up this Gen

sales2099 said:
DonFerrari said:

Yes Sony signed a contract that will make them slaves of MS.

Now this is purely speculation. But I feel MS wants phones to themselves. PS Now is available on console and PC, and I think you can play on your phone but it has to be coming from your console.

But to use PSNow purely from a phone without needing to own a console, that’s what MS is trying to do with Xcloud, and as the cloud provider I would think they wouldn’t let Sony walk in on their turf using their infrastructure. 

And you think Sony would sign an agreement just to give away to MS? Even more when there are other providers?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
sales2099 said:

Now this is purely speculation. But I feel MS wants phones to themselves. PS Now is available on console and PC, and I think you can play on your phone but it has to be coming from your console.

But to use PSNow purely from a phone without needing to own a console, that’s what MS is trying to do with Xcloud, and as the cloud provider I would think they wouldn’t let Sony walk in on their turf using their infrastructure. 

And you think Sony would sign an agreement just to give away to MS? Even more when there are other providers?

The common theory is that MS offered the most attractive rates compared to Google and Amazon. And we all know Sony is more traditional then MS, their goal is to push consoles. MS is the one trying to push new players from anywhere possible. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
DonFerrari said:

The common theory is that MS offered the most attractive rates compared to Google and Amazon. And we all know Sony is more traditional then MS, their goal is to push consoles. MS is the one trying to push new players from anywhere possible. 

Sure, and Sony was already allowing second screen since PSP. So sure they would give away their library and PSNow for fully profit of MS on smartphones, even more when Sony still is on that market. That makes zero sense.

Sony is paying for the service and collaborating with MS in some technologies, but slaving out to MS doesn't seem likely.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

twintail said:
EricHiggin said:

One of the last things you want during a launch year, is something else much more important getting in the way of you and your product, taking all the spotlight, and slowing down if not stopping the hype train. Just think about what the Coronavirus alone is doing to XB next gen hype. When the news about the illness eventually dies down and things get back to normal, or more so, that's when PS will finally start rolling and it will be full steam ahead after that. All that new and exiting PS5 information, if it's positive, will create one large dark cloud of smoke over MS as SNY passes by with plenty of momentum. Phil's "bold" decision to start the train early, just may bite them in the a$$.

I will say that the timing of covid19 has hurt momentum. But in many ways, I don't think their info dumps, besides the hardware reveal, have had any long term buzz. 

Not the kind of buzz that MS would really hope for that truly makes PS fans controllers shake in their boots. The news and overall narrative shifting to more important worldwide issues, just makes it worse. It will seem like old news to some once things get back to normal. If SNY pounces at that opportunity, they can keep most of the spotlight to themselves. Unless of course something else unforeseen happens, which surely could, in which case both consoles may be in a little trouble early on after launch, if they aren't delayed.

What I find funny is this fantasy Xbox owners have, drowning in their own cum over the thought of Xbox overtaking PlayStation. Not gonna happen. Japan laughs at Xbox and the gorge that exists between Xbox's third place position and PS4's dominance is way too large. Microsoft would need to nail it at every point and Sony would need to fuck up at every point for like three straight years for that to happen.

I miss the days when the console itself was more or less an afterthought; a powerful vehicle by which to deliver new, cool games. Hopefully that's what Sony does. Microsoft is going on and on about specs and how they have "most recent powerful console in the history of mankind!!11" Sure. Cool. What games though? Oh, no exclusives for at least two years? Um, gotcha.

*My signature from 2011 which I'm too lazy to change*

Currently awaiting the arrivals of:
Kid Icarus Uprising
Resident Evil: Revelations
Tekken 3D: Prime Edition
Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D
Beyond the Labyrinth
Heroes of Ruin
Luigi's Mansion 2

Around the Network
aiwass said:

What I find funny is this fantasy Xbox owners have, drowning in their own cum over the thought of Xbox overtaking PlayStation. Not gonna happen. Japan laughs at Xbox and the gorge that exists between Xbox's third place position and PS4's dominance is way too large. Microsoft would need to nail it at every point and Sony would need to fuck up at every point for like three straight years for that to happen.

I miss the days when the console itself was more or less an afterthought; a powerful vehicle by which to deliver new, cool games. Hopefully that's what Sony does. Microsoft is going on and on about specs and how they have "most recent powerful console in the history of mankind!!11" Sure. Cool. What games though? Oh, no exclusives for at least two years? Um, gotcha.

Nah we just happy we dominating industry news and talk because Sony for some reason is being silent. We know Xbox won’t sell more. More NA market share is all I personally care about since that’s where I live. What do I care about the buying habits of Europe and Asia? 

The idea is that MS won’t sell more consoles but get more active players via console/Pc/Xcloud. But ultimately even if the PS brand is too strong, I’m getting a quality console with a renewed focus on 1st party core games. I’m a happy camper :)

“Sure. Cool. What games though? Oh, no exclusives for at least two years? Um, gotcha”

The irony is that Sony announced ZERO PS5 1st party games and you have the nerve to ask about Xbox? Hellblade 2, Project Mara, Halo Infinite, Everwild. That’s 4 to PS5s 0 as of this moment. Then you have all but confirmed announcements of Forza Motorsport 8 and Fable and The Initiatives title. Pretty sure Flight Simulator is getting a Series X version it’s too ambitious/gorgeous to be confined to XB1.

No exclusives for 1-2 years actually....show me the PS5 version of these titles. We all know when it’s all said and done that’s the only criteria that matters. These are 1st party titles not on the competition and push the Xbox brand. 

Last edited by sales2099 - on 17 March 2020

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
aiwass said:

Nah we just happy we dominating industry news and talk....

I guess you'll take what you can after loosing three generations in a roll...

sales2099 said:
aiwass said:

Nah we just happy we dominating industry news and talk because Sony for some reason is being silent. We know Xbox won’t sell more. More NA market share is all I personally care about since that’s where I live. What do I care about the buying habits of Europe and Asia? 

The idea is that MS won’t sell more consoles but get more active players via console/Pc/Xcloud. But ultimately even if the PS brand is too strong, I’m getting a quality console with a renewed focus on 1st party core games. I’m a happy camper :)

“Sure. Cool. What games though? Oh, no exclusives for at least two years? Um, gotcha”

The irony is that Sony announced ZERO PS5 1st party games and you have the nerve to ask about Xbox? Hellblade 2, Project Mara, Halo Infinite, Everwild. That’s 4 to PS5s 0 as of this moment. Then you have all but confirmed announcements of Forza Motorsport 8 and Fable and The Initiatives title. Pretty sure Flight Simulator is getting a Series X version it’s too ambitious/gorgeous to be confined to XB1.

No exclusives for 1-2 years actually....show me the PS5 version of these titles. We all know when it’s all said and done that’s the only criteria that matters. These are 1st party titles not on the competition and push the Xbox brand. 

So first sentence is basically you saying that you'll leave the site when PS5 starts dominating the news?

And for the exclusivity, Sony haven`t announced a new game in like 2 years since GoT. So unless you think over 10 studios are sitting idly then it is very possible that 5 to 10 exclusives will launch on PS5 only in the first couple years of the system. And those are going to be revealed when PS5 is formally unveiled.

LivingMetal said:
sales2099 said:

Nah we just happy we dominating industry news and talk....

I guess you'll take what you can after loosing three generations in a roll...

Damn straight 

DonFerrari said:
sales2099 said:

So first sentence is basically you saying that you'll leave the site when PS5 starts dominating the news?

And for the exclusivity, Sony haven`t announced a new game in like 2 years since GoT. So unless you think over 10 studios are sitting idly then it is very possible that 5 to 10 exclusives will launch on PS5 only in the first couple years of the system. And those are going to be revealed when PS5 is formally unveiled.

MS would have to mess up 2013 proportions for me to go back to my bunker haha.  And I’m sure the games exist. But again they aren’t official. Right now Series X has 4 announced titles to PS5s 0. Until that changes I’m not wrong to say that.